View Poll Results: Do you want the Rams to sign Michael Vick this offseason?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 48.98%
  • No

100 51.02%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I would rather be in the minority in a poll that has 153 votes...as opposed to a poll that has a little over 2,000.
    Depends on who is voting. The Confederacy of Dunces at the Post Dispatch, or people who actually understand football here.

As to your topic question, I'd rather #7 remain retired for the Rams.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If you want athleticism, we can do better than a 30 year old who has not played QB full time since 2006.
    That leaves his body with less dings and he is the greatest freak on nature athlete since Dieon, Bo, and LT.

In fact, let's emphasize the 30 year old part. Once you hint that age, your "athleticism" ceases to be an effective way to "make plays". At that point, you had better develop an effective throwing ability, or else you are a complete liability on the field.
    He is still a better athelte at 30 than 90% of the players on our roster and most NFL QB's. I think he does have great throwing ability. He can throw the short ball and deep ball fine. He just needs to limit mistakes and mature on the intermediate routes.

I think Vick can be a good QB for us for 1 year. We have so many holes to fill Vick is a short term, cheap option that can have the team playing with energy and excitment every game next season.

I would like to ask the Vick supporters this. If Vick is still good, why has he not been plugged in in place of McNabb during one of the games against good teams in which Philly is getting housed? If Andy Reid lacks the confidence that Vick can turn things around, we should we think otherwise?

^^ this is simple. Kevin Kolb is the future in Philly. If McNabb was hurt tomorrow, Kolb would be there for next 5 years. Reid does not lack confidence in Vick. He used him in crucial goal line situations, and Vick has 3 td's on the year. Reid simply cannot carry 3 QB's and Vick want to wait for McNabb to get hurt. So, Vick will leave to get an opportunity to play.

Vick is my choice, but Campbell wouldn't be awful either if we can build elsewhere.

Just say no to Chad Pennington, he was so bad he lost his starting QB job to a RB -- ie wildcat -- while else do you think this was invented

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    That leaves his body with less dings and he is the greatest freak on nature athlete since Dieon, Bo, and LT.
    Jail does not equate to cryogenic freezing. His muscles and speed are decaying naturally through the aging process like every other living thing. This happens regardless of how many or few hits he has taken the last few years.

He is still a better athelte at 30 than 90% of the players on our roster and most NFL QB's. I think he does have great throwing ability. He can throw the short ball and deep ball fine. He just needs to limit mistakes and mature on the intermediate routes.
    So he sucks at the very aspects of quarterbacking that are most critical to success in the NFL. Nice.

If you have hit your third decade in life, and have yet to learn how to do these things, you aren't going to. Ever. Especially once we consider how the intervention of multiple position and head coaches have failed to correct this quite substantial hole in his game.

We need a stopgap, yes. But we need a stopgap who doesn't suck at those parts of the game so as to properly mentor the rookie. We're not close to the playoffs, and I'm not in favor of mortgaging a rookie QB's development to win 6 games.

I think Vick can be a good QB for us for 1 year. We have so many holes to fill Vick is a short term, cheap option that can have the team playing with energy and excitment every game next season.
    Except for the whole, "Philly isn't benefitting from his presence in such a manner" thing.

^^ this is simple. Kevin Kolb is the future in Philly. If McNabb was hurt tomorrow, Kolb would be there for next 5 years. Reid does not lack confidence in Vick. He used him in crucial goal line situations, and Vick has 3 td's on the year. Reid simply cannot carry 3 QB's and Vick want to wait for McNabb to get hurt. So, Vick will leave to get an opportunity to play.

Philly is getting absolutely SHELLED by teams like Dallas and their offense is doing jack diddly right now. If Vick is such an exciting playmaker, why isn't Philly giving Vick a chance to turn the tide with a long run or a quick scoring strike? He has to know the playbook by now. If Andy Reid isn't using him in such a manner, why should we expect such performance out of Michael Vick? Something isn't computing here.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81
    Yes has 787 votes
    No has 495 votes as of right now
    Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81
    I would rather be in the minority in a poll that has 153 votes...as opposed to a poll that has a little over 2,000.
    I think I now understand why it is that you've had such a hard time grasping the statistics that have been posted in this thread.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think I now understand why it is that you've had such a hard time grasping the statistics that have been posted in this thread.
    At the time of my first post those where the numbers

But shortly after my first post, the numbers for yes skyrocketed...hence why the numbers were different.

I can't wait for the Rams to sign/trade for Vick and shove it in your face.

I can't wait for the Rams to sign/trade for Vick and shove it in your face.
    What you meant to say, of course, is that you can't wait for the Rams to sign/trade for Vick, and for the Rams to then win several games...

After all, you're a Rams fan, not merely a Vick fan, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    What you meant to say, of course, is that you can't wait for the Rams to sign/trade for Vick, and for the Rams to then win several games...

After all, you're a Rams fan, not merely a Vick fan, right?
    Avenger, you always find a way to twist words...which always makes it fun to talk to you haha.

Touche. When the Rams sign/trade for Vick, then win several games i will shove it in your face

Avenger, you always find a way to twist words...which always makes it fun to talk to you haha.

Touche. When the Rams sign/trade for Vick, then win several games i will shove it in your face
    What should I do in 2011 and 2012 when we fail to make the playoffs?

What should I do in 2011 and 2012 when we fail to make the playoffs?
    My friend...Vick will lead us to the playoffs during his tenure if we sign him.

If that happens, I'll happily accept the shove.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

He still has his connection to get tickets?

rammiser is offline Registered User

When is the last time Vick led someone to the playoffs? So your telling everyone here that all we have to do is bring in Vick and this team is an instant winner? Can i please have some of what your smoking? Vick doesnt even look good as a backup for the Eagles this year. So he's just going to come to St. Louis and be something he never has been? His best completion percentage in a single year was 56.4. Bulger has had better completion percentage his last three years. Everyone here is alreadycalling for his head and you want to replace him with a guy that has never passed for a higher completion percentage than Bulger has passed for the last three years? Vick has never been impressive at qb in my opinion. People say Bulger can't read defenses yet Vick has never come close to Bulger's highest qb rating. Sure Vick can scramble and run the ball but so can Tebow and I dont want us to get him either. We get it you like Vick but don't let it blind you to reality. I'm not sure if we added just Peyton Manning if even he could lead this dreadful team to the playoffs.
    Just Fix It

Yodude is offline Registered User

Philly is getting absolutely SHELLED by teams like Dallas and their offense is doing jack diddly right now.
    The previous 5 games before the Dallas game the Eagles have scored 30, 27, 45, 34 and 27 points. That's an average of 32.6 points. Over the course of the entire season, only 4 teams have outscored the Eagles offensively; the Chargers, Vikings, Packers and Saints. For the season the Eagles are averaging 26.8 pionts/game. Hardly an offense that's doing "jack diddly right now".

While I totally agree with your take on Vick potentially playing for the Rams, please don't post this kind of nonsense and assume no one is reading it.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

They were shut out on Sunday. That constitutes "right now" yes?

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Without me reading thru this whole thread can someone tell me is Vick under contract next year with the Eagles or his he a FA?