View Poll Results: Do you want the Rams to sign Michael Vick this offseason?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

96 48.98%
  • No

100 51.02%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Simple Poll to see where Clanram stands on #7

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Man a 50/50 split here and on the stltoday poll 61% of fans want Vick...
    Again, the fans don't know football in St. Louis. The fact they still think Vick is a great player demonstrates how much they actually pay attention to the sport.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Again, the fans don't know football in St. Louis. The fact they still think Vick is a great player demonstrates how much they actually pay attention to the sport.
    What's strange is that when I was in St. Louis right before Christmas, very few people wanted Vick. A little over 200 miles away, no one wants Vick. I really wonder where these Vick fans are from.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

its the same guy making multiple accounts and voting in this poll

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't really care about the outcome of the poll. Whether there are people voting for Vick multiple times, or if its merely the result of a lot of votes by the Madden video game generation, it has nothing to do with the decision that the team will make.

All I will say is that I will be extremely surprised if the the Rams consider signing Vick.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    But on this board, you are in the minority.
    Not anymore....

Not anymore....
    So you created 30 accounts to stuff a ballot box. Are you proud of yourself?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if there has been any Chicago-style voting going on, but suffice to say, if you're caught with multiple usernames (and yes, we can tell), both names will be gone.

So you created 30 accounts to stuff a ballot box. Are you proud of yourself?
    Nice try but like AvengerRam said
    I don't know if there has been any Chicago-style voting going on, but suffice to say, if you're caught with multiple usernames (and yes, we can tell), both names will be gone.
    I would not jeopardize losing my account on a Rams site over multiple voting that would accomplish nothing over the poll i posted. I posted this poll to see how clanram felt about Vick possibly coming here...voting multiple times would accomplish nothing on my end...but thanks alot for accusing me of something as lame as that.
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -01-07-2010 at 08:30 PM.

The thing is, this is the most votes i have ever seen on a poll on here. And i didnt realise that the clan had that many users. Not ones that post regularly enough to bother voting in this poll anyway.

Also THOLTFAN81, i have to point out that while your avatar has a Rams shirt with No. 7 on the back with "MIKE VICK" on it, this is very much never going to happen. First of all, he would just have "VICK" on the back, and not his first name as well since we have no one else on the team with the surname Vick. Secondly, Mike Vick would never be allowed to disgrace the No. 7 for the Rams that the team retired in recognition of the great Hall of Fame quarterback Bob Waterfield.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I think the system really screwed M. Vick over hard! I don't see how a guys like Donte Stallworth, Ray Lewis, and Leonard Little have murdered PEOPLE and did not get half the punishment Vick recieved. Dont get me wrong, what Vick did was wrong and he no doubt deserved to be punished. I'll be the first to tell you, I HATE DOGS, but I'm not in favor of torturing and killing them. I just don't see why the NFL decided to make an example out of Vick. not only did they clear his bank account, but they denied his request for banckruptcy. They took the player with the number one selling jersey, arguably the most exciting player and ruined his life. I will say again, I think Vick did deserve a punishment for his actions, but two years of jail time along with the reputation was not fair.

If a killer like Donte Stallworth, who was drunk driving while he killed a person, only spends 30 nights in jail, I don't see why Vick has to be in there for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmedrams81 View Post
    I think the system really screwed M. Vick over hard! I don't see how a guys like Donte Stallworth, Ray Lewis, and Leonard Little have murdered PEOPLE and did not get half the punishment Vick recieved. Dont get me wrong, what Vick did was wrong and he no doubt deserved to be punished. I'll be the first to tell you, I HATE DOGS, but I'm not in favor of torturing and killing them. I just don't see why the NFL decided to make an example out of Vick. not only did they clear his bank account, but they denied his request for banckruptcy. They took the player with the number one selling jersey, arguably the most exciting player and ruined his life. I will say again, I think Vick did deserve a punishment for his actions, but two years of jail time along with the reputation was not fair.

If a killer like Donte Stallworth, who was drunk driving while he killed a person, only spends 30 nights in jail, I don't see why Vick has to be in there for two years.
    Stallworth: Three factors worked in his favor and combined to give him a much lighter sentence than Vick. 1) Stallworth was far more cooperative with authorities than Vick was; which tends to mitigate the sentence. 2) This was a local case as opposed to a federal case; which means that you are more likely to see judges hand out lighter penalties. 3) The pedestrian reportedly went onto the street right in front of the vehicle; a sober driver would have hit him.

Ray Lewis: There is no evidence that he committed the murder in question and the charges where therefore dismissed.

Leonard Little: We treated DUIs and athlete transgressions differently a decade ago. If he had done this in the last year or two, a large hammer would have been dropped on him.

While murder and manslaughter are more heinous crimes than dogfighting, it is also important to note that these are comparatively isolated instances as opposed to Vick's dogfighting activities, which took place over the course of 5 years across at least 4 states. In addition to dogfighting, Vick's organization also saw gambling activity and drug use. Viewed from this perspective, Vick's punishment was not disproportionate.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Stallworth: Three factors worked in his favor and combined to give him a much lighter sentence than Vick. 1) Stallworth was far more cooperative with authorities than Vick was; which tends to mitigate the sentence. 2) This was a local case as opposed to a federal case; which means that you are more likely to see judges hand out lighter penalties. 3) The pedestrian reportedly went onto the street right in front of the vehicle; a sober driver would have hit him.

Ray Lewis: There is no evidence that he committed the murder in question and the charges where therefore dismissed.

Leonard Little: We treated DUIs and athlete transgressions differently a decade ago. If he had done this in the last year or two, a large hammer would have been dropped on him.

While murder and manslaughter are more heinous crimes than dogfighting, it is also important to note that these are comparatively isolated instances as opposed to Vick's dogfighting activities, which took place over the course of 5 years across at least 4 states. In addition to dogfighting, Vick's organization also saw gambling activity and drug use. Viewed from this perspective, Vick's punishment was not disproportionate.
    WOW I GOT OWNED. lol. Man, I really didn't know the details of Vick's actions. Maybe it's just becuase Im such a Vick lover hahaha.

Well put argument PeoriaRam!

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Also THOLTFAN81, i have to point out that while your avatar has a Rams shirt with No. 7 on the back with "MIKE VICK" on it, this is very much never going to happen. First of all, he would just have "VICK" on the back, and not his first name as well since we have no one else on the team with the surname Vick. Secondly, Mike Vick would never be allowed to disgrace the No. 7 for the Rams that the team retired in recognition of the great Hall of Fame quarterback Bob Waterfield.
    I put "Mike Vick" over Vick because I couldnt create a jersey for the avatar with just Vick and 7 as such a player exists in the nfl.

RAMSY57 is offline Registered User

I can't beleive how close this vote is. I went NO for all the reasons the other NO voters did. 4getaboutit!

I put "Mike Vick" over Vick because I couldnt create a jersey for the avatar with just Vick and 7 as such a player exists in the nfl.
    really?

so say your name was Jackson, you supported the Browns and your favourite number was 39, you couldnt create personal Jackson 39 jersey for the Browns?

Thats a bit harsh on people with common surnames!