Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Simply a Mock Draft

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Simply a Mock Draft

We trade our 1.2 to the Cleveland Browns for their 1.4, 2.37, 4.100, and a 1st rounder in 2013.

1.4 Justin Blackmon, WR, OKST: This kid is a really good WR capable of doing anything at the NFL level. He will be the best WR we've had since Torry Holt, and pairing him with guys like Brandon Lloyd, Danny Amendola, and Greg Salas can set up for one of the best WR corps in the NFL.

2.33 Zach Brown, OLB, UNC: One of the best LB prospects in this draft, Brown can do it all. Hes a little small, but he makes up for it with his speed and athleticism. We will finally pair Laurinaitis with another great LB, and this gives another toy for Williams to play with.

2.37 Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State: A huge OG that can also play RT. He is versatile and is the definition of road grader. Pairing him with Dahl would make for a dominant offensive line when it comes to short yardage. Osemele will be one of the steals of this draft.

3.66 Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut: We're going to need some talented youthful players at this position. Reyes can start immediately across from an FA acquisition or Justin Bannan.

4.96 Ben Jones, C, Georgia: I think he will slip a little due to his senior bowl play. He is not exactly a road grader but he is good. He has great potential and when you put him next to Osemele and Dahl his lack of power wont be displayed much. He is the future at C, and can be taught to be more powerful. More weights and better hip movement and technique and he should be very good.

4.100 Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State: Were totally re-doing this LB corps outside of Laurinaitis. Bradham is absolutely vicious. This is basically Vontaze Burfict with a brain. He paired with Brown and Laurinaitis, will be the best LB corps in the NFL (hopefully).

6. Chris Rainey, WR/RB/KickR/PuntR, Florida: This guy can do it all. Hes your Dexter McCluster. We can line him up at slot, change of pace RB, and return both kicks and punts. He is a dynamic weapon and matchup nightmare.

7. Alex Hurst, OT, LSU: This kid is 6'6 and 340 lbs. With proper coaching he could be quite the steal. It adds much needed depth (JSmooth's injury history) and maybe Fisher will work his magic because he seems to be able to find offensive lineman in later rounds and turn them into great players.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: Simply a Mock Draft

Love the Osemele, Jones and Braham picks but Brown pick not so much. He lacks instincts and has trouble getting off blocks. Although he does excel in zone coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Love the Osemele, Jones and Braham picks but Brown pick not so much. He lacks instincts and has trouble getting off blocks. Although he does excel in zone coverage.
    I think Brown is very underrated. He does have trouble getting off blocks sometimes but thats because he isn't particularly large. I prefer to have him cover TE's and RB's anyway, and Bradham doing the dirty work. I'd love to see Brown at WLB and Bradham at SLB. Bradham is nasty and will lay you out. I like his ability to plug gaps and stop the run, while Brown is the fastest of the 3 he will cover more TE's and RB's and play more zone coverage rather than taking on big lineman.

An absolutely clean hit, and a vicious one at that.
    THOLTFAN81 and lostsoul like this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Yea i really hope we draft Bradham, He's Vontaze Burfict with a brain.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I like the mock overall, though that trade is very lopsided in the Rams' favor. I also think it's a bit optimistic that the first six picks will become starters, but you never know.

One area I'd think about changing would be the first second-round pick. Going for two OLBs might be overkill when there's no help added to the secondary at all in this mock. I'd think about going DB in the second round, as the value there should still be good. Then you can still have Bradham in the fourth.

Nice work!

Sean13 is offline Registered User

I like like the mock, the only exception would be Zach Brown. Really not a fan of him. Look past his .40 time and he really isn't very good, especially at pick 33.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I like the mock overall, though that trade is very lopsided in the Rams' favor. I also think it's a bit optimistic that the first six picks will become starters, but you never know.

One area I'd think about changing would be the first second-round pick. Going for two OLBs might be overkill when there's no help added to the secondary at all in this mock. I'd think about going DB in the second round, as the value there should still be good. Then you can still have Bradham in the fourth.

Nice work!
    Really? I thought this deal the Browns would be more inclined to do, rather than giving up both 1st's this year. Points wise (draft value chart) its a pretty good deal, but I do see the difference between the numbers. I didn't think 2 OLB's would be too much because we have been terrible there over the past years. I feel like our DB's people do not respect enough. Bartell and Murphy could play today, fully healthy. I love what Bartell is capable of, and I'd take him on any team. Murphy is an ascending nickel corner who may or may not take a big step forward this year. And like some people on this site I though Bradley Fletcher would be a pro bowler this year, but his injury is the only one that scares me.

I think overall at DB were in good shape. We've got some nice CB's : Bartell, Murphy, Fletcher (he should be healthy, got hurt week 4), Gordy, Marquis Johnson.

But I guess there are some nice prospects at DB too. I like Stephon Gilmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean13 View Post
    I like like the mock, the only exception would be Zach Brown. Really not a fan of him. Look past his .40 time and he really isn't very good, especially at pick 33.
    I really like Brown. Some places I've seen him ranked as the 10th best prospect in this draft! (Gil Brandt)

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Really? I thought this deal the Browns would be more inclined to do, rather than giving up both 1st's this year. Points wise (draft value chart) its a pretty good deal, but I do see the difference between the numbers. I didn't think 2 OLB's would be too much because we have been terrible there over the past years. I feel like our DB's people do not respect enough. Bartell and Murphy could play today, fully healthy. I love what Bartell is capable of, and I'd take him on any team. Murphy is an ascending nickel corner who may or may not take a big step forward this year. And like some people on this site I though Bradley Fletcher would be a pro bowler this year, but his injury is the only one that scares me.

I think overall at DB were in good shape. We've got some nice CB's : Bartell, Murphy, Fletcher (he should be healthy, got hurt week 4), Gordy, Marquis Johnson.

But I guess there are some nice prospects at DB too. I like Stephon Gilmore.
    Also we could add a top CB in Finnegan

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Murphy is an ascending nickel corner who may or may not take a big step forward this year.
    Don't really know how you can say he's an ascending corner. We haven't seen this kid play in a year, and when he was on the field, nothing really impressed me.

Other than that, the mock is pretty good. Although drafting 2 LB's isn't overkill necessarily, there's other options. Our OLB's do need help though.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I would have no problem if the draft worked out this way. i think me and you both want Rainey bad lol.

Really? I thought this deal the Browns would be more inclined to do, rather than giving up both 1st's this year. Points wise (draft value chart) its a pretty good deal, but I do see the difference between the numbers.
    In this deal, the Browns are giving up four picks. In the more commonly mentioned deal, they're giving up half as many and none for the future. Points-value wise, it favors the Rams. The Rams' second overall pick is worth 2600 points. The Browns' combined package as you've presented it is worth around 2800 points. The Browns would essentially be overpaying the Rams by the equivalent of a third-round pick, and losing three picks in order to do so. If I'm a Browns fan, I hate that deal.

I didn't think 2 OLB's would be too much because we have been terrible there over the past years. I feel like our DB's people do not respect enough. Bartell and Murphy could play today, fully healthy. I love what Bartell is capable of, and I'd take him on any team. Murphy is an ascending nickel corner who may or may not take a big step forward this year. And like some people on this site I though Bradley Fletcher would be a pro bowler this year, but his injury is the only one that scares me.
    Bartell's neck injury and age make him questionable long-term. I don't know where you're coming from on Murphy; he's a big question mark to me. This is Fletcher's second significant knee injury, so his long-term future is also in question. Even if Bartell and Fletcher return to form, no one behind them has proven much as a capable nickel corner IMO. I believe cornerback should be considered early for this team not only due to the number of nickel packages you see in today's NFL, but also because of the long-term questions surrounding Bartell and Fletcher due to injuries.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Nick wouldn't any team looking to trade up have to pay over the odds for the number 2 spot.

It's supply and demand

Although if we traded with the browns I would be happy with both their no. 1's so we could still probabley get Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles View Post
    Nick wouldn't any team looking to trade up have to pay over the odds for the number 2 spot.

It's supply and demand
    Maybe, maybe not. It's impossible to predict who is going to offer what.

Besides, if you put forth the hypothetical that teams are going to be paying over the odds to secure the pick, why can't someone argue another team is going to pay over those odds? Then another will pay over those odds? Where do you stop? That's why I think the more realistic scenario is just to go by the points.

Hopefully the Rams get a deal that favors them, but I don't think it'll be the kind of deal put forth here. Keep in mind that people killed the Falcons for the trade they made to get Julio Jones, but they actually came out on top when it came to point value in that move (by about 100 pts) despite giving up five picks. When the Giants traded a package of picks to the Chargers for Eli Manning in 2004, they still won out on value based on the chart (San Diego's 3000 pts vs. New York's ~2500 pts).

I think teams that are surrendering multiple picks are going to want to be close in value considering how much they're giving up quantity-wise, rather than giving up more value plus a larger package of picks. Trading four picks for one while also giving up third-round value wouldn't be appealing to me, but maybe that's just me.