View Poll Results: At what point should the Rams consider taking Manziel if he's available?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pick No. 2

0 0%
  • Pick 3-13 (after trade down from No. 2)

2 5.26%
  • Pick No. 14

0 0%
  • Pick 15-32 (after trade down from No. 13)

2 5.26%
  • Round 2

12 31.58%
  • Round 3

8 21.05%
  • Never

14 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Since the Manziel issue won't go away, let's talk about it...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Since the Manziel issue won't go away, let's talk about it...

Greg Cosell has now joined the "Manziel to the Rams" bandwaggon.

I don't see much chance of that happening, and I don't want Manziel.

I'm curious how others feel about it, though, so...

Here's a poll...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Since the Manziel issue won't go away, let's talk about it...

Hmm. An excellent question. Now, he's always dangerous with the ball in his hand, and he's got okay size, but I don't remember if he jumped at the combine. What was his vertical? I'll need to know that before I judge his worthiness as a FS candidate...

Seriously though, I'd probably take him if he dropped to our 2nd round pick. Two reasons behind that. First off, because he'd be a great scout team guy for the Whiners and Seachickens. Second, it'll put pressure on Sam and his contract demands. Bonus third reason: maybe we can trade him, Andy Reid style.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -04-29-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    chucknbob, Haste and Randart like this.
    I believe!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Greg Cosell and Russ Lande aren't reliable sources for anything. Russ especially jumped the tracks this draft season.

I have no clue when the Rams would consider Manziel but I don't think they'd do so before the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Greg Cosell and Russ Lande aren't reliable sources for anything. Russ especially jumped the tracks this draft season.

I have no clue when the Rams would consider Manziel but I don't think they'd do so before the 3rd round.
    I don't put stock into their reports, I'm merely playing out the hypothetical.

I voted "never," by the way.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Hmm. An excellent question. Now, he's always dangerous with the ball in his hand, and he's got okay size, but I don't remember if he jumped at the combine. What was his vertical? I'll need to know that before I judge his worthiness as a FS candidate...

Seriously though, I'd probably take him if he dropped to our 2nd round pick. Two reasons behind that. First off, because he'd be a great scout team guy for the Whiners and Seachickens. Second, it'll put pressure on Sam and his contract demands. Bonus third reason: maybe we can trade him, Andy Reid style.
    voted never

but if they picked him to trade him, i'd hope they'd have it set up before the pick lol

would be great trade bait though

demiurge is offline Registered User

If he somehow slid to the 4th, I'd be OK with the Rams taking him then. Voted never as that is extremely unlikely to happen, and wasn't an option. I don't want any QB in the 1st 3 rounds. Too many holes to fill.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I would consider it in the third, but even then I don't know if I would. If there weren't any other players of need we had ranked high, and we're just drafting best player available, I'm OK with it. If there's a safety, OL, or WR worth a 3rd round pick (and we haven't drafted one yet) we should do that instead.

Randart is online now Registered User

That is funny, I am only one to vote for him in round 1! LOL
    I think he would be gone by the time we would chose the guy at after 13 but hey if he fell... WOW!
    Why the heck not, if he lived up to the hype and turned out to be Fran Tarkenton numero duece we would have a wonderful dilema of two franchise QB's. With Sammy going down too often I sure want to as do most of us clanites to draft a QB to develope why not the concensus numero uno guy? If we did it after a trade down I would feel allot better about taking this chance on him. One more thought I am amazed so many vaunted analysts have us taking Johnny and I am a fan. I just don't see that, drafting one of the 2nd or 3rd tier QB's would be my guess but you never know what Les & Fish etc are thinking.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I think there are too many chances to fill in positions with players of need, really good players at that, then waste one on someone who could be boom or bust material.

I am admittedly a Sam backer. I like the guy and think he has done well when healthy. Now that said, I think after this year if he has performed sub-par of expectations or gets hurt again then next year's draft can be used on a QB. Personally I think the Manziel self hype machine is out of whack a bit. I could be really hating the fact that we hadn't taken him but I don't think so.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If he were to fall to the 3rd round, I'd jump on him.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If he were to fall to the 3rd round, I'd jump on him.
    I voted for 2nd round. To tell you the truth, I really hope Bridgewater slips to round 2 and we can get our hands on him.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The logic trail makes this question impossible to answer. Therefore, the answer is never. Here's the thought process.

1. Needs at other positions will preclude the Rams drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

2. With all the QB needy teams out there, a fall to the 4th round would indicate someone has video of him molesting baby goats.

3. If someone has video of him molesting baby goats, then the whiners will draft him within the first 3 rounds.

Therefore, as you see, it will be impossible for the Rams to draft him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The logic trail makes this question impossible to answer. Therefore, the answer is never. Here's the thought process.

1. Needs at other positions will preclude the Rams drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

2. With all the QB needy teams out there, a fall to the 4th round would indicate someone has video of him molesting baby goats.

3. If someone has video of him molesting baby goats, then the whiners will draft him within the first 3 rounds.

Therefore, as you see, it will be impossible for the Rams to draft him.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Where there is smoke there is fire.... Except in the days up to the draft in that case the saying must be where there is smoke there is a smoke screen...

Honestly I do not think the Rams would go for Manziel in round 1. But if he is still there in round 2 and if they really like him then they should consider him in Round 2.
    But I am still a believer that Bradford is good enough that we can be a contender with him in a roll where he needs to do less due to the good running game and a top 10 D.

richtree is offline Registered User

I believe that Manziel will be around longer than most people think. I feel that once he falls out of the Top 7 -- it will be a matter off time before someone trades up for him.

If I was forced to pick QBs today, I think Bortles goes TOP 8, Bridewater top 15, Carr and Manziel (depending who you like in the 10-20 range by teams trading up)...

Savage and Grappolo will be top 15 picks of Round 2 and then the drop off from Mettenberg, L.Thomas, A.Murray etc....

The Rams big decision will come in Round 2 if they really like a guy there, or wait for a guy to Round 4,5,6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast