Thread: Slaton

kman is offline Registered User

Slaton

IMO, he is floating off the radar and I think he'd make a great pickup...hes so far down on texan depthchart..he's explosive, and would come cheaper then sproles..I like sproles, but he might cost more then you think..forget bush, good player, but he is going to want waaay too much $ then hes worth..id rather use the money on DT and G...if we can get Slaton, Cofield and road grader G, Id be real happy..

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: Slaton

I agree in your analysis. Cofield beefs up the d-line, an upgrade at G can only help, and Slaton adds depth at RB. While Slaton has some question marks, running back is a less utilized position in McDaniels' offense in terms of running. Slaton is a decent receiving RB so spending more money on Sproles makes less sense. If the Rams could turn the money saved obtaining Slaton into signing Rocky McIntosh at OLB I would be extremely happy with your offseason.
    Last edited by RamBamThankYouMam; -07-20-2011 at 04:18 AM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Agree about Rocky M Rambam. It would be nice to have another good LB patrolling one side of the field, at the moment we do not have any good athletes at OLB.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -07-20-2011 at 08:12 AM.

kman is offline Registered User

rambam, thanks for adding that the saved money getting slaton could help us get an OLB...i was actually going to write that in my post as well.I like McIntosh as well, i was also thinking of Leber...Slaton did have fumble issues, but that is correctable..he is very expolsive, and a good receiver..he was highly touted until his fumble issues put him on the bench, and guys like foster and derrick ward stole his playing time...not sure if hes a free agent but id be willing to offer a 4th-5th round pick for him..im sure houston would listen to that offer..

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

I would also be ok with the Rams using that saved money on Quintin Mikell. The Rams need a safety bad.