Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The slide continues for Adarius Bowman

From Rotoworld...

Oklahoma State WR Adarius Bowman was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana Tuesday night.

He was released after posting $500 bond. This will just about crush his draft value, if Bowman even had any left after running in the high 4.7s at both his Pro Day and the Combine. Bowman had marijuana-related issues at North Carolina early in his college career. They caused him to transfer to OSU.
    We need to bring in a doctor to declare this guy's draft value as dead.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: The slide continues for Adarius Bowman

yikes. big gulps eh? well, see ya later.

chiguy is offline Registered User

If no one drafts him, I'd bring him in as a street free agent. Heck, I'd take a 7th round chance on him if there weren't some linemen we didn't like. He was incredibly productive on the field and would be worth such a low risk selection in my opinion.

I don't see smoking pot as a huge character concern per se. Stupid? Yep. Bad character? Only if we think just about everyone has bad character.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Can anyone say Mr. Irrelevant?

rammiser is offline Registered User

I was really high on him and then he ran a lot slower at the combine than I thought he would. I knew we needed a deep threat and thought with his size and speed he would be incredible. Then he ran a slow fourty and now this. I dont know that I'd use a pick on him, maybe our very last pick of the draft but that's it.
    Just Fix It

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow, to get into trouble over a plant. Something that has a seed, that grows, naturally. Unlike something like alcohol that has so many mixtures that it has no natural value.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

If we do draft him or sign him maybe he can room with Claude Wroten and Fakir Brown in training camp

Holy smokes, how dumb can one person be?

Go Rams!:r

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Wow, to get into trouble over a plant. Something that has a seed, that grows, naturally. Unlike something like alcohol that has so many mixtures that it has no natural value.

That's why I only drink natural, purified, distilled water. I need to preserve my natural essence. Women are drawn to me because of it.

keith m. klink Guest

i was high on bowman also , but it looks like he is HIGH on himself . as for character , smoking pot isn't a huge concern , if he was a cronick DWI guy i would have some strick supervision on him and some hard rules. BUT doing a FATTY isn't hurting anyone but himself , ans as one of you stated already , how stupid can one person be .

well , he should have waited after the draft to light up , but i would still spend a 6th or 7th rd pick on him. he is still a productive talent , ans he isn't LAWERANCE PHILLIPS .
    also we would know by the preseason if he can play it strait or is a total stoner .

3 cheers for FATTIES and SMOOTHIES . GO BOW !!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    smoking pot isn't a huge concern
    Huh? It can result in suspension at the NFL level, and this is now Bowman's second marijuana offense as a collegiate athlete.

If you want to make a case that he's worth spending a late round pick on or signing as an UDFA because of his production, that's fine. But smoking pot is a pretty big concern. Just ask Fakhir Brown and Claude Wroten.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'd take him as Mr. Irrevalent. Haha.

It's funny watching players waste their lives and careers just by doing a stupid drug. They'd make more money than most of us on the clan ram board combined. So, their ooops.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I don't see smoking pot as a huge character concern per se. Stupid? Yep. Bad character? Only if we think just about everyone has bad character.
    No, apparently he isn't a woman beater or DWI risk as far as we know, but there is still a glaring character issue. He continues to knowingly engage in an activity which ultimately could hurt his team. Regardless of what round a player is drafted in, the team drafting him is hoping that the player can make a meaningful contribution to the team. When a player meets or exceeds original expectations and becomes an integral part of the team's on field success only to incur a suspension, certainly that reflects on the suspended player's character. On field injuries are one thing, but when a player willingly engages in an activity which he knows very well will result in his being removed from the field of play if detected, he is letting down his entire team from the players, coaching staff, and FO, all the way down to us lowly fans. So yes - smoking weed - when you're an NFL player, exhibits poor character.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

A) It's against the NFL's laws, so the legality of weed is not relevant.

B) Which list is longer....players who got in trouble for weed ONCE in their entire career, or players who got in trouble for weed multiple times?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

keith m. klink Guest

NICK , i should have explained it in more words . if a 10 -13 - 16 year old kid was doing it then it's a concern to me , if i know them or not .

i'm not concerned that a player just blew his NFL DRAFT chances after making the same mistake twice , because this one just cost him millions of dollars and maybe an NFL career . i really don't think he is going to do it ever again if he wants to play in the NFL .

That is why i would do a very late or comp. pick if he's there . Warren Sapp had some pot issues a few times before he was drafted also, and i think he turned out as an ok person with a decent character .