Krusher is offline Registered User

SMITH signing could be telling for #11!

If the Raonall Smith signing DOES go down, this might suggest we'll NOT see a SLB (Greenway) at #11.

The Rams would have SMITH & CHILLAR to compete at SLB. SMITH is intriguing, coming out of college in the mold of MARK FIELDS. If he stays healthy, he could blossum.

Looks like NGATA will fall, because Bills & Lions would likely prefer BUNKLEY (a 1-gap DT) if they go that route. BUNKLEY, I tell you, is going higher than people think. I think the Rams may covet him!

So NGATA, JIMMY WILLIAMS (who I've always doubted) or trade down. Could KAMERION WIMBLY be a darkhorse?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: SMITH signing could be telling for #11!

Welcome to the Clan.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Chillar is more of a long-term answer to SLB than Smith, and I don't think that's saying much. We will still need a SLB in the draft.

Having said that, this offseason is leading up to an honest-to-goodness BPA draft, IMO. Unless we trade up to get a specific player or trade down to fill several slots, I can see Linehan and company pull whichever name is at the top of their big board when 11 rolls around, regardless of position.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Krusher is offline Registered User

Smile Re: SMITH signing could be telling for #11!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Welcome to the Clan.

Thanks.

I'm feelin' good. Got a brand new attitude, thanks to these offseason changes.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I agree about this is shaping up to be very much a BPA draft. It looks to me like the team is trying to set itself up with some flexibility here. I'm not entirely convinced of the merits of a Smith/Chillar competition for the starting slot, but I get the feeling it is a definite possibility. I would hope that we address linebacker at some point, but it has been looking like the best SLBs other than Hawk would likely be taken between our 1st and 2nd picks anyway.

At the moment I'm not altogether sure who is going to be available at 11. If Vernon Davis gets by the *****--and that's a big if--I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility he might be available. If Huff gets by the Lions, he could still be there for us. I think if either of them or Ngata is still available, the staff would snatch them up in a heartbeat. Personally, I'd be uncomfortable drafting Wimbley that high, but it could happen.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -03-31-2006 at 02:40 PM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Krusher
    Thanks.

I'm feelin' good. Got a brand new attitude, thanks to these offseason changes.
    Aren't we all man Dang it feels great.! Welcome man!
    RamsFan16