DL Chris Long - Virginia

Round 2:
    #33: St. Louis Rams select:
    OL Chris Williams - Vanderbilt
    OL Gosder Cherilius - Boston College
    OL Sam Baker - USC
    (essentially whoever is available.)

B)

St. Louis Rams trade #2 to the Kansas City Chiefs for #5 and #35 (maybe we throw in a 4th rounder or something, whatever makes this deal worthwhile for the Chiefs to ensure they pick up Matt Ryan).

Round 1:
    #1: Miami Dolphins select:
    DL Chris Long - Virginia
    #5: St. Louis Rams select:
    DL Vernon Gholston - Ohio State

Round 2:
    #33: St. Louis Rams select:
    DL Quentin Groves - Auburn
    #35: St. Louis Rams select:
    OL Chris Williams - Vanderbilt
    OL Gosder Cherilius - Boston College
    OL Sam Baker - USC
    (essentially whoever is available.)

I'm liking Scenario B) more and more. We pick up 2 solid future ends, and add some shoring up to the OL, all in just the 1st day.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Smizz's Official Mock Draft

I have Chris Williams as a Top 20 selection right now. I think a realistic second round offensive tackle is probably Sam Baker at this point.

This is the second time I've heard about the Chiefs trading up for Matt Ryan, but... why? They seem pretty confident in Brodie Croyle and have absolutely nothing on that offensive line. If anything they trade up for Jake Long, but I'm not so sure the Chiefs won't be content just sitting tight and see who they end up with at five.

Both scenarios are interesting. I think the first one is a bit more realistic because I'm not sure I envision much trading in the top five. But then again, I'm not sure Miami is set on Matt Ryan after the workout Long had.

keith m. klink Guest

yah why not , what the hell . for the past 20 years the draft has been crap most of the time with a few good classes , but go for it and make the team better , don't just pick up one year wonders . get blue chip PLAYERS. the CHRIS LONG and ADAM CARRIKERS of football could make this team just great .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I LOVE the second scenerio. 3 great players. Both the new line men most likely to start if we dont get Little a contract.

Chris Williams would be awesome as well.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

i like the 2nd scenario better but i agree with Nick that the Chiefs are more likely to trade up to draft Jake Long than Matt Ryan

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have Chris Williams as a Top 20 selection right now. I think a realistic second round offensive tackle is probably Sam Baker at this point.

This is the second time I've heard about the Chiefs trading up for Matt Ryan, but... why? They seem pretty confident in Brodie Croyle and have absolutely nothing on that offensive line. If anything they trade up for Jake Long, but I'm not so sure the Chiefs won't be content just sitting tight and see who they end up with at five.

Both scenarios are interesting. I think the first one is a bit more realistic because I'm not sure I envision much trading in the top five. But then again, I'm not sure Miami is set on Matt Ryan after the workout Long had.
    Yeah I've heard Chris Williams has boosted his stock to a mid-to-late 1st rounder so I indicated that the Rams should select whomever is available of the second-tier OL, be it Baker, Cherilius, or should Williams happen to slide all the way into our laps.

I realize that the kind of trades are few and far between but mock drafts would be awfully boring and repetitive without a little spice every now and then!

I don't think Brodie Croyle is the long term answer for the Chiefs, but who really knows how they feel about picking a blue-chip QB like Ryan. Maybe they would consider trading up to #2 if they thought the Falcons were thinking of taking him?

I'm just proposing an alternate idea in the (likely?) event that the Dolphins select Chris Long. I don't think Gholston is great value at the 2nd overall pick and I'm not sold on the fact that Jake Long is a smart or even remotely safe pick, as seems to be a general consensus among several member of this board.

I don't know, I'm just throwing my .02$ out there.

Rambos is online now Registered User

get blue chip PLAYERS. the CHRIS LONG and ADAM CARRIKERS of football could make this team just great .
    I agree, its cool to try and figure out the trade possiblities, but I say grab IBM and the MicroSoft.

We have wasted so many second and third round picks on guys, just go get the best at one postion for a change. We moved back and picked up a 3rd and took Wroten, when we shouild have stay and got Haloti Ngata.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I do like that B scenario. However, I would really love a chance of landing Chris Long. I say if Miami takes Long, I'm all for scenario B.

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-26-2008, 07:09 PM