Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Snead: Rams have a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing Kenny Britt

Rambos is offline Registered User

Snead: Rams have a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing Kenny Britt

Kenny Britt - WR - Titans

Rams GM Les Snead said the team has a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing free agent Kenny Britt.
    St. Louis was Britt's first visit of free agency. He then went to New England, Washington, and Buffalo. The Patriots have already said they won't sign Britt. The Rams give Britt his best opportunity to be a No. 1 receiver and potentially revive his career. Britt is expected to make a decision within the next couple days.
    Related: Rams
    Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Snead: Rams have a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing Kenny Britt

Here is the actual report rather than just the Rotoworld blurb...

Snead says Rams have “better than 50 percent” chance of signing Britt
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT

Receiver Kenny Britt remains a free agent. He may not be a free agent for much longer.

The chatter at the league meetings indicates Britt could pick his next team within the next 48 hours. In an interview with PFT, Rams G.M. Les Snead pegged Britt’s chances of landing in St. Louis at “better than 50 percent.”

A first-round pick of the Titans in 2009, Britt’s rookie contract has expired. With the Titans (as G.M. Ruston Webster confirmed to PFT earlier in the day) clearly not in the mix to keep Britt, he needs a new home.

The former Rutgers receiver has visited the Rams, Redskins, Patriots, and Bills. In St. Louis, Britt would be reunited with coach Jeff Fisher, who drafted Britt in Tennessee.

Britt’s play has fallen off in recent years. After a great start to the 2011 season, Britt tore an ACL. He has struggled ever since then to regain the form he was beginning to display.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams closing in on contract?
    By Chris Wesseling
    Around the League Writer
    Published: March 25, 2014 at 04:11 p.m.
    Updated: March 25, 2014 at 04:59 p.m.

Kenny Britt and former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher are closing in on a reunion.

On the same day that New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft eliminated Britt as a possibility, St. Louis Rams general manager Les Snead told ProFootballTalk his chances of landing the wide receiver are "better than 50 percent."

Britt has also visited the Washington Redskins and Buffalo Bills. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Redskins remain interested, reports ESPN.com's John Keim.

Britt's surgically repaired knees have already passed a Rams physical, per NFL Media's Albert Breer.

Seeking a short-term, make-good contract, Britt is expected to choose his new team within the next couple of days, per PFT's Mike Florio.

Britt entered the NFL with difference-making talent five years ago. Although he's still just 25 years old, his game film over the past two seasons has shown no reason to believe he will ever recapture the potential he flashed from 2010-11.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Let this happen.

THE DREAM TEAM

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If he is signed, does that end discussions of Watkins and/or Evans in the draft?

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If he is signed, does that end discussions of Watkins and/or Evans in the draft?
    Not in my opinion

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I was wondering the same thing and would it spell the end for Pettis?
    :ramlogo:

Rambos is offline Registered User

Considering the Rams only carried 5 receivers last year I would guess Pettis would not be out. I would also think Britt would be only getting a one year deal and both Pettis and Britt would be free agents next year. I would think Britt would be here to push Quick for playing time.
    MauiRam likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Considering the Rams only carried 5 receivers last year I would guess Pettis would not be out. I would also think Britt would be only getting a one year deal and both Pettis and Britt would be free agents next year. I would think Britt would be here to push Quick for playing time.
    Good thinking. Makes sense to me!
    Rambos and Truth like this.

Randart is offline Registered User

Have to be honest here I was eyeing this as a deal I thought might really happen, then he went off visitin' other teams now we are left waiting his decision... To be dead ernest I like Watkins, Evans and a few other lads in the upcoming draft more than I do Kenny B.! He has shown talent and a ability to completely disappear, unique and fun abilities for a super hero, not so good for a WR in the NFL. I am so on the fence with this guy right now, wish him all the best but really feel like we don't have over a 50% chance at him. Glad to see the Patsey's passed on him hope for the best for the lad so that leaves us, the Skins and the Giants... Seems like that is more like a 33 1/3 chance-

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I too prefer Watkins or Evans over Britt. I'd like to know why Owner Bob Kraft of the Patriots has eliminated Britt from any consideration? Are Snead/Fisher missing something?

demiurge is offline Registered User

He passed a physical at Rams park. Might be an issue with style of play. We know Fischer can get him to play fairly well.

Personally I wouldn't mind a vet to push the kids - with the hope that the kids respond and beat him out. But this isn't necessarily the guy I'd chose.

Also nice to know that they are continuing to try to find relative bargains and good role players. If we could just get a safety... As it stands I'd lay odds they are targeting that 13th pick for their impact safety to put next to McDonald.

citr92 is online now Registered User

kinda torn here...

but with such a young team, and especially at WR...why not have a vet?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I see Kenny Britt as a younger version of Hakeem Nicks from last week. They both have had performance issues coming off of injuries, and need to sign one year, "prove it" deals. Britt is more removed from it, but also seemed to fall out of favor with the coaching staff. If Fisher wants him and wants him on the field, then he'll get on the field.

The question is, what can he do? He should be recovered from the ACL by now, so either he wasn't caring, wasn't a fit for what they wanted him to do, or he's damaged goods and has lost it. At 25, it's worth a gamble that it was one of the first two, though the second one begs the question: Can Schotty get something out of him that Tennessee could not? At the very least, he'd be the most talent at the flanker or split end position we have.
    I believe!

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by demiurge View Post
    Also nice to know that they are continuing to try to find relative bargains and good role players. If we could just get a safety... As it stands I'd lay odds they are targeting that 13th pick for their impact safety to put next to McDonald.
    I agree that Snead and Fisher have found quality veterans to fill the middle of the roster over the years. Furthermore I still believe Dennard's talent outweighs those of the first round Safeties in this class. Don't get me wrong, Pryor and Clinton-Dix could become solid pro's in the NFL, however, I think Dennard has the qualities to be a true #1 corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast