Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Snead: Rams have a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing Kenny Britt

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Snead: Rams have a "better than 50 percent" chance of signing Kenny Britt

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Considering the Rams only carried 5 receivers last year I would guess Pettis would not be out. I would also think Britt would be only getting a one year deal and both Pettis and Britt would be free agents next year. I would think Britt would be here to push Quick for playing time.
    Assuming the rams keep 5 receivers again 1.T. Austin 2. S Balley 3. C Givens 4 A Pettis 5 B Quick 6. Britt which one is out?

:ramlogo:

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Assuming the rams keep 5 receivers again 1.T. Austin 2. S Balley 3. C Givens 4 A Pettis 5 B Quick 6. Britt which one is out?
    I would say Austin and Bailey are the only safe ones.

Britt,Givens,Pettis and Quick would all be fighting for a roster spot if that was the case. I could see them cut Britt if he does not look good even though they just signed him. Givens looked good his rookie year and not so good last year. Quick got better but still has yet to take advantage as his snaps have increased. Pettis in year four could get better but he may be at his best already which is average at best.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    I would shop Pettis, possibly during draft weekend. An extra 6th round pick in exchange for guy who might not make the team would be a good exchange.

Rambos is offline Registered User

"I'll stand behind what he said," Fisher said when asked about Snead's comments. "I'm hoping that sometime here very soon we'll get something done."

Fisher wants him that's for sure.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    "I'll stand behind what he said," Fisher said when asked about Snead's comments. "I'm hoping that sometime here very soon we'll get something done."

Fisher wants him that's for sure.
    Good indication Britt's bus has ST. LOUIS on its marquees.

Or does it?... Hmmm, now I'm losing track of the news.

NFL Rumors:
    Washington Redskins interested in signing Kenny Britt

By Josh Hill: SI.com / Fanside / NFL
    Mar. 26, 2014, 8 a.m.

The Washington Redskins were rumored to be interested in free agent wide receiver Kenny Britt a few weeks ago but nothing really ever came of his visit with the team. But while the St. Louis Rams have been pegged by their general manager as having a greater than 50 percent chance of signing Britt, the Redskins aren't going down without a fight and reportedly still have interested in Britt.

According to Redskins writer John Keim, Washington has a need at wide receiver they’re still interested in having Kenny Britt fill.

Per ESPN:

"The Redskins still would like to add depth at receiver. They won’t re-sign Josh Morgan, and Leonard Hankerson is recovering from ACL surgery. Santana Moss was signed to a one-year deal with only a $65,000 bonus, which means he’s far from a roster lock. They have added Andre Roberts in free agency to pair with Pierre Garcon."

Both the receiver needy Panthers and Patriots passed on signing Britt and the receiver needy Rams look to be front runners. But Washington can’t be counted out as Britt may have a more significant role there than he’d have in St. Louis.

It’s hard to say where Britt and his baggage will land, but Washington doesn't seem to have dropped out of the race just this yet.
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-26-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: SI.com article

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Britt to the Rams????

Kenny Britt and former Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher are closing in on a reunion.

On the same day that New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft eliminated Britt as a possibility, St. Louis Rams general manager Les Snead told ProFootballTalk his chances of landing the wide receiver are "better than 50 percent."

Britt has also visited the Washington Redskins and Buffalo Bills. As of Tuesday afternoon, the Redskins remain interested, reports ESPN.com's John Keim.

Britt's surgically repaired knees have already passed a Rams physical, per NFL Media's Albert Breer.

Seeking a short-term, make-good contract, Britt is expected to choose his new team within the next couple of days, per PFT's Mike Florio.

Britt entered the NFL with difference-making talent five years ago. Although he's still just 25 years old, his game film over the past two seasons has shown no reason to believe he will ever recapture the potential he flashed from 2010-11.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Britt to the Rams????

No sure if Britt could fill the role of Number 1 WR the Rams need. From Britt's point of view since the Rams lack a true number one, he could improve his stock with the NFL by picking the Rams. That's a huge gamble either way for him. I'd like to know why and what the Ram's brain trust see in Britt. Maybe its just me and can't see beyond my nose, but its more of a reach for the Rams unless Britt comes cheap and the Rams pickup a long term WR that is an all-pro

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'd pass on Britt, but if they're gonna go after a guy that's a gamble, I'd go get D. Jackson.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Britt is a dirtbag. I wouldn't want to be put in the position of having to root for him. Just as relevant is his drop-off in productivity and two knees that have already required surgery by age 25. For a receiver, that's a red flag.

We have not had a recent track record of signing cast-off receivers with a little ability. I'd be surprised if we started now. Once and for all: DRAFT A STUD IN ROUND ONE. Stop getting guys in later rounds you'll "think will develop".

chucknbob is offline Registered User

We can't afford d-jax.

Britt should come cheap, I see Britt signing a deal similar to the Sims-Walker deal. If he shows his talent we lock him up for 2015. If he sucks, he's cheap and we dump him at the end of the year.

Mikey is offline Registered User

How could we expect Britt to be a #1 here when he's never been a #1 WR in Tennessee?

bruce4life is offline Registered User

It takes players what 1.5 to 2 years coming back from major knee surgery? This is a low risk high reward type signing. Its a win win...

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'd like to know why Owner Bob Kraft of the Patriots has eliminated Britt from any consideration?
    BK: So, Kenny, do you have any questions?

KB: No, Sir. I have enjoyed my visit here in Boston. I am ready to get back to action, and show that my integrity and respect for the game of football has not changed.

BK: Oh, yeah, integrity and respoect for the game. It was good meeting you, Kenny.

Hours later,

BK: Coach Belichick, it appears this Britt kid doesn't know much about how we do business here. We don't need that kind of player on our team.

BB: I agree, Sir, we don't need that here.

gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12