snowbozo21 Guest

Cool Snow's Complete Mock Draft

Let's Start with the ram's most pressing need, an ILB that can shed blocks and attack at the line of scrimmage and be a tackling machine.

1. Patrick Willis - Ole Miss, ILB 6'2 240 4.6

The Rams Linebackers were constantly getting blown up at the second level by full Backs and offensive Lineman. They Lacked Someone who could tie the opposing offensive line up, thats why the rams draft ..

2. DeMarcus Tyler - NC State, DT 6'2 305 5.3

All season the rams were unable to put consistent pressure on the quarterback. Even though Leonard Little is playing well he is aging and the rams need someone to pair on the end. They need size too in order to stop the run.

3. LaMarr Woodley - Michigan, DE 6'2 274 4.75

Both Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are aging and it seems unlikely that the Rams will resign Kevin Curtis because of defensive needs. The pool of recievers in this years draft is exceptional. The rams also have lacked size at the WR position for some time. They go to the National Champs to help themselves out.

4. Dallas Baker - Florida, WR 6'3 207 4.6

Despite the Emergence of O.J. Atogwe at the end of the season the safety position lacked some consistency this season. Who can forget the picture of LT shanking O.J.'s helmet off. The rams could do with some more depth at this position. Again this position is deep in this year's draft. They go out west, to the land of the Beavers.

5. Sabby Piscitelli - Oregon State, S 6'3 224 4.55

Although the Rams have already drafted a DT it was probably there worst position this year. I wouldn't be surprised if La Roi Glover gets cut and that means the rams need to Draft another run stuffer. Due to a bad performance in the National Championship game his stock drops but, he is still a pretty good value.

6. David Patterson - Ohio State, DT 6'3 285 5.05

This is someone that has been under the radar for a long time due to the poor performance of his team and is somewhat undersized but he has a fast motor and is tough. Kind of reminds me of London Fletcher.The rams find some help again at the linebacker position.

7. Thaddeus Washingtion - Colorado, ILB 5'11 245 4.8

The rams other needs, particularly OL Depth I belive will be met in the offseason by signing some veterans on or keeping the Donut Bros. as backups. The rams will probably sign a rookie free agent WR as well. Hopefully they will get Corey Ivy in as nickel back. He played well two years ago. The Rams will most likely sign a free agent DT as well.

Feel Free to Critique and alter. I hope they make the right moves and address our defensive needs. Go Rams!

Country Guest

Re: Snow's Complete Mock Draft

1. I don't think the Rams can take a LB in the first round. First it is overkill when all we need is a SLB. Secodly I don't think that they can afford to have that much money invested in the LB position. Can anyone name me a team that had three LBs payed major contracts.

2. LaMarr Woodley would have to admit to killing hookers in his spare time to fall to the 3rd round.

chiguy is offline Registered User

1. I don't think the Rams can take a LB in the first round. First it is overkill when all we need is a SLB. Secodly I don't think that they can afford to have that much money invested in the LB position. Can anyone name me a team that had three LBs payed major contracts.
    Minnesota.

snowbozo21 Guest

The rams need a linebacker like willis to complete their linebacking core. Willis is a natural SLB at 6'2 and 240 imo he could gain some weight. We need someone who doesn't get run over every play. Someone who can go on the line of scrimmage and cause trouble. Spoon and Tinoisamoa simply aren't big enough to do that.

2. LaMarr Woodley would have to admit to killing hookers in his spare time to fall to the 3rd round.
    Woodley is rated something like 5th or 6th at DE I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped all the way to the third round. But you could be right on the money.