snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

Snow's Revised Mock

After posting two drafts previously, here is my revised mock.

1. The guy played well in college and impressed at the combine and he will be the best player available.Amobi Okoye DT Louisville. 6'2 302 4.97

2. I know we got James Hall as DE but, is this guy really our future? I don't really know how many FA we are going to sign, but I think we will draft a DE.
    Tim Crowder DE Texas 6'3 272 4.69

3. I think we do need a SLB but, it isn't our greatest need. He played that Hybrid position in college of LB/DE, so why not in Haslett's System? I think we can get the workout warrior. Quincy Black SLB New Mexico. 6'1 240 4.5

4. I really believe that we will try to address our D-line problems in the draft and we need a big body besides Jimmy Kennedy, who really hasn't done much at all. Paul Soliai DT Utah. 6'4 344 5.14

5. The Rams may have gotten Drew Bennett, but who will run back kicks and be that 4th WR? Steve Breaston WR Michigan 6'0 193 4.41

6. The rams need some OG depth. Why not get another second team All-American? Nathan Bennett Clemson 6'4 316 5.7

7. The rams might look to get a punter, cornerback, or running back here. It all depends who they sign in FA. I hope they get Turk back and sign someone like a Corey Ivy. That will allow the Rams to draft a backup RB. I think they should get Jon Cornish out of KU. 5'11 206 4.6
    Last edited by snowbozo21; -03-06-2007 at 12:39 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Snow's Revised Mock

Quote Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post

4. I really believe that we will try to address our D-line problems in the draft and we need a big body besides Jimmy Kennedy, who really hasn't done much at all. Paul Soliai DT Utah. 6'4 344 5.14
    Im intrigued by this pick, why havent i heard about him before?

Thumbs down Re: Snow's Revised Mock

You probably haven't heard much of him because he went to Utah. As far as I know he was just an ok player but, he obviously has some tools that you would need to play at the next level. I don't how much he benched at the combine but I would be willing to guess a lot.

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

If that was our draft then i would be so happy. especially with okoye and quincy black. breaston would be nice to have on offense too.

thoey is offline Registered User

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=14827

Name: Paul Soliai
    College: Utah Number: 90
    Height: 6-4 Weight: 344
    Position: DT Pos2: OG
    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2007

225 Lb. Bench Reps: ???
    Vertical Jump: 29 1/2
    Broad Jump: 8'7"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.69
    3-Cone Drill: 7.66

Notes:
    12/31/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: DT Paul Soliai should have scouts drooling over his size (6-4, 334) when he tries to make it to the next level. But he was suspended for the Armed Forces Bowl and character issues might become a consideration.

12/24/06 - DT Paul Soliai was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules and didn't play in the Armed Forces Bowl against Tulsa on Saturday night. Soliai's suspension was announced just before the game began. Freshman Kenape Eliapo started in his place. Soliai, a senior, started all 12 games during the regular season with 35 tackles, two sacks, a fumble recovery and a blocked PAT in the regular-season finale against BYU. As a junior college transfer last season, Soliai played in all 12 games. - AP Sports Wire
    This space for rent...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont think he benched at the combine, will have to wait for his pro day

ENN107 is offline Registered User

Love the 5th round pick!!!!!!!!!!

I like Breaston, a lot as well, I thought he has been overlooked. He was probably the second best return guy in the college game after Ted Ginn. Not to mention he was the second reciever on pretty above average Michigan team. To me he adds that speed dimension that we have lost with KC.
    Just my thoughts. Think the draft gurus have really undderrated this guy.

keith m. klink Guest

wow, i love this whole draft , except, soliai, i'm not sold on his skills or his total commitment to the game, i would considersomeone else. maybe conrad bolston- maryland.6"3-305lb, or stanley doughty-south caralina. 6"1-331lb, runs a 5.30, or even look at ola duganduro-nebraska. 6"2-300lb, amd runs a 5.05.

Country is offline Registered User

Stanley Doughty is a serious underachiever after being a big recruit, but when he is on he is a load to handle.

Thumbs down Re: Snow's Revised Mock

I never heard of the guy, did he work out at the combine?