snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

Snow's second mock

I believe the rams will trade down in the first round to New England the 13th pick overall to get the 24th pick in the draft. In return they get New England's second round pick. As far as FA goes I think the rams will sign NT Terdell Sands from the Raiders and pick ups some offensive line depth with Marc Columbo from the Cowboys as an OT backup. The rams also trade Jimmy Kennedy to the colts for their sixth rounder.

Round 1(From New England) Since the Rams have dropped down its most likely that Lawrence Timmons will be gone, which means the Rams Draft Patrick Willis to help solidify the linebacking corps.

Round 2 With their first second round pick the Rams will take Jarvis Moss out of Florida. The guy has unbelievable speed and is 6'6 so he could probably put some more weight on to his frame, but a very good DE look for him to possibly start on the side opposite from Leonard.

Round 2 (From New England) With their second, second rounder the Rams take Demarcus Tyler. The guy is a space eater. With Sands, Tyler, Wroten, and (either Kennedy or Glover left) The rams interior should improve.

Round 3 The Rams are still not satisfied with the Depth they have at DT which is why the draft Kareem Brown out of the U. Another big body on the DL for the rams to work with. It is essential that the rams fix this area if they have any chance of stopping the run this year.

Round 4. The rams address their needs at slot reciever and at the Kick Return and Punt Return areas by drafting Steve Breaston out of Michigan. Possibly one of the more overlooked wide recievers in the draft. He will add some speed to the rams recieving corps and some much need field position in the return game.

Round 5. The rams only will have 3 CB with Bartell, Brown, and Hill next year. The rams draft Ryan Smith out of Florida next year. He was one of the nation's best CB's last year. He does have some weight issues(165) but is a good player and will help improve the depth in the secondary.

Round 6. The rams are looking for some depth to add behind Steven Jackson and they decide to draft Jon Cornish out of KU ( ouch that hurts I'm an MU guy) He was a good solid running back and he led the Big 12 in rushing this year with something like 1400 yards.

Round 6. (From Indy) The rams also look to shore up the interior of the O-line with a steal again. They get the second team All-American from Clemson, Nathan Bennett. He should be a nice addition for depth at the O-Line.

Round 7. With their final pick the rams look to boost their pass rushing depth with this underrated DE from the Old Black and Gold. Unlike the Oregon State Game OT's will not be able to hold Xzavie Jackson by the neck and get away with it. The guy brings an attitude to the defense look for him to be a surprise in OTA's ,but I wouldn't be surprised if he got drafted much higher.

Feel free to critique GO RAMS!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Snow's second mock

Besides the fact that we're giving up a fair amount of value in that trade, our draft room would have to be waist-deep in rabbit feet for that first day to happen. Willis @ 24 is debatable depending on who you talk to, but I don't think it's unrealistic at this point. However, it doesn't sound like Moss is making it out of the first round, and while Tank's stock has dropped a bit, I'm not sure he lasts until pick 60 in round two.

I think its possible for Willis to drop if Carolina and Buffalo don't select him. We have to wait and see. (But the rams probably aren't going to be trading down. (you are probably right about the trade with New England but, I could see them being pretty stingy if we ever wanted to trade down with them.)If Indy doesn't resign Freeney there is a possiblity that they would draft Moss. But, where did you hear Moss is a probable first rounder? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback as always nick.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Jon Cornish is great. BRAVO!!!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

If we're going to drop from 13 to 24, we better get NE's 2nd and 3rd.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
    you are probably right about the trade with New England but, I could see them being pretty stingy if we ever wanted to trade down with them.
    Then we simply wouldn't trade. I don't see a team trading down 10+ spots while giving up value in the process.

But, where did you hear Moss is a probable first rounder?
    Moss is ranked 26th on Scouts Inc's current big board, and Scott McShay of Scouts Inc projects him being drafted 17th to Jacksonville. He's taken 15th overall in Mel Kiper's most recent projection. He's ranked as NFL Draft Countdown's 30th overall player and is taken 15th in Scott Wright's latest mock. Moss is the 13th overall player in Great Blue North's Top 100 prospect list. He's taken 25th overall in their latest projection.

Perhaps the question should be where isn't Moss projected as a first rounder?

yea too bad, that he had such a great game in the national championship, well unless he has a horrible combine, looks like its not happening. who would be a bonified DE that we could start and could pickup in the second round? I don't really see anyone that I like. Anthony Spencer strikes me as an Anthony Hargrove type of player as far as physique goes Im not sure I would want someone like him. He is 6'2 and 270. Do you know of any one that is somewhat overlooked but has all the tools physically?

yea too bad, that he had such a great game in the national championship, well unless he has a horrible combine, looks like its not happening. who would be a bonified DE that we could start and could pickup in the second round? I don't really see anyone that I like. Anthony Spencer strikes me as an Anthony Hargrove type of player as far as physique goes Im not sure I would want someone like him. He is 6'2 and 270. Do you know of any one that is somewhat overlooked but has all the tools physically?
    I'm currently trying to finalize a pre-Combine two round mock, and when the Rams pick in the second round, the best available defensive ends I have left on the board are LaMarr Woodley, Ray McDonald, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Tim Crowder, and Dan Bazuin. At this point I think McDonald and maybe Woodley are the only two I'd spend that pick on from that list.

Nick, Do you have an overall draft setup yet, for the rams, with trades and everything else thrown in? What positions do you think are the deepest for the draft this year? I think Breaston would be a great pick up in the 4th round. If he is smart enough he could come in and replace Curtis right away.

Nick, Do you have an overall draft setup yet, for the rams, with trades and everything else thrown in? What positions do you think are the deepest for the draft this year? I think Breaston would be a great pick up in the 4th round. If he is smart enough he could come in and replace Curtis right away.
    I don't have a full seven-rounder w/ free agents for the Rams, no. I do have projections for our first two picks, which will be revealed when I post the full mock.

I had tried to do a Rams offseason around the time of the Senior Bowl but got busy, and since then I've tried to put more effort into the full two round mock. I might try to pump something out this weekend if I can finish this full round mock.

As for deep positions, I think defensive end and wide receiver have a lot of talent in them this year but may be a bit top heavy. Breaston would be a good second day pick-up, I agree. Not sure if he is instantly our #3 though.