ramhard is offline Registered User

Softli looking at Hawaii DL

Alama-Francis is a good prospect coming up the boards, but many see him more as a 3-4 DE. But he worked out well. From CBS Online:

The athletes worked out at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., on FieldTurf. About 60 people were on hand, including Jets coach Eric Mangini, Packers GM Ted Thompson, Dolphins GM Randy Mueller, Browns GM Phil Savage and Tony Softli, Rams' vice president for player personnel.

They were mostly there to see defensive lineman Ikaika Alama-Francis, who didn't worked out at the Combine due to an injury. His father, Joe Francis, was the first Hawaiian quarterback to play in the NFL. He was drafted in 1958 by the Green Bay Packers.

Ikaika Alama-Francis DL Alama-Francis (6-5 1/8, 276) ran his 40s in 4.85 and 4.88 seconds. He also had a 35-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-6 broad jump. He also ran 7.31 in the cone drill and 4.62 in the short shuttle, but slipped and didn't want to run again after he stretched his groin. Alama-Francis looked outstanding in positional workout drills. And as part of Francis' workout, he did tight end drills as well and really looked good.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Softli looking at Hawaii DL

Ikaika is a stud. Apparently scouts feel he has tremendous upside, but I don't know if the Rams would burn a #3 pick for him which is where he is currently slotted. I don't know if he is moving up or down at this point, but if the Rams were to select him, I don't think he would disappoint ...

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/23/sports/story01.html

keith m. klink Guest

Re: Softli looking at Hawaii DL

MAUI , Ilove this kid , and i've had him on my board all year . i was hoping that he would stay a secret , i think the rams , if having A chance , should draft him. i believe he would fit very well on this line. and i just got back from picking my brother up his trip to MAUI . they loved your island , and said the people were so nice , and were made very comfortable . so thanks for them. you guy's on MAUI rock.