Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Some Clarity in Top 15

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: Some Clarity in Top 15

You guys sem to have a clique that has developed here, the kind of circle jerk that ruins boards as guys gang up on one person. Seen it before and it blows, and it ruins boards.

WHy not each of us fight our own battles without help from their posse all the time.

These little snipes at me personally pasted and repeated, and commented ever so snidely and sarcatically about make y'all look like a bunch of schoolgirls. I can hear you giggling at each of your little "attacks"

A lot of people know more about the draft and the NFL than me, for sure, but guess what, most of you don't, so get over it.

Of course some more ignorant fans even question the EXPERTS on game day, who get paid big bucks, millions to build teams, jobs they lose if THEY make too many mistakes.

It's like the joke about outrunning the bear, all I have to "outrun" is you. And that ain't hard.
    Yea I said it.......

Barry Waller

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    These little snipes at me personally pasted and repeated, and commented ever so snidely and sarcatically about make y'all look like a bunch of schoolgirls. I can hear you giggling at each of your little "attacks"

A lot of people know more about the draft and the NFL than me, for sure, but guess what, most of you don't, so get over it.

Of course some more ignorant fans even question the EXPERTS on game day, who get paid big bucks, millions to build teams, jobs they lose if THEY make too many mistakes.
    maybe the comments are made cause your the one acting like a school girl? your the one acting like the girl expecting to be prom queen. ever think about that?

Guess what, we are fans and we have opinions, just like you. you say we are questioning experts? but your the one going off the deep end questining Vacarro as a 1st round pick who the experts rank as a if 1st rounder. so whos the ignorent one here? from what i can tell its you.

All you talk about is how great you are at evaluating the prospects but now you say the experts are right and we are wrong to deny them their thoughts.

get over yourself.

your the most ignorent of us all.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -03-25-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Tell me these three so called "errors" and I will respond, gladly.
    1) "No one thought James Laurinaitis would ever get out of round one." I linked you to at least one past post on here to show you that was false while referencing others, and rather than admit your statement was wrong, you tried to spin it as further proof of your argument before again suggesting that it wasn't expected.

2) All indications are the 4.41 and 4.45 forty times from DeAndre Hopkins' pro day that you posted are unofficial. I brought that to your attention here (link) with numerous other times from other sources, including NFL.com's pro day report. You haven't responded.

3) You claimed the Cowboys were trying to sign a veteran safety after working out Vaccaro, suggesting it had something to do with how unimpressed they were at his workout. I linked you to a Dallas article that shows they were interested in veteran safeties before his workout, and despite making numerous responses to that thread since I pointed that out, none acknowledge or admit that mistake.

I'm not researching every single thing I say, some is from memory. No one is perfect dude.
    Normally, I'd agree and give you (or anyone, really) the benefit of the doubt. I agree that no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes.

But you lost that benefit of the doubt from me not when you unnecessarily chastised the participants of the group mock draft by saying, "If you are going to be INTO the draft and do mocks like you know the deal, then you owe it to whoever reads your take to get all the facts and all the opinions."

So according to you, members here - not professionals in the slightest - were held to a standard where they owed it to everyone to get all the facts and all the opinions if they were going to be into the draft. And yet you, a draftnik for over 40 years and someone who has been covering individual drafts for 16 years, couldn't be bothered to get all the facts and opinions on Hopkins' pro day time and could not be bothered to get all the facts and opinions on when the Cowboys' interest in veteran safeties actually began.

So, I'm sorry, but if you're going to call out and criticize amateur message board fans for not having all the facts right, then you - the professional draftnik that you like to remind us so often that you are - don't get to use the "everyone makes mistakes" excuse when you get facts incorrect, especially ones that could be checked with something as easy as a quick internet search.

You said earlier in this thread that you don't get the resentment you've experienced here. I outlined the reasons, but let me provide a simpler answer - you've brought it on yourself with your brash, arrogant, haughty, and holier-than-thou attitude and attacks.

YOU started the name calling of other members in an article a week ago with phrases like "moronic fans" and "idiots," an article that remains in our moderation queue because we did not feel those comments were appropriate. You were sent a private message asking you to tone it down.

Yet instead, you became more aggressive and rude to anyone who disagreed with you. Example: no one provoked you AT ALL in the group mock discussion thread; YOU picked that fight yourself by coming in and calling out people for not doing their research, an attack against a person rather than their pick, and one that served absolutely NO purpose other than to feed your egotistical belief that we are all beneath you. And the most laughable part of all is that you claim to not be interested in group mocks, yet you made it a point to enter one and start throwing around your weight.

When other board members who aren't even involved in the discussion feel the urge to enter a thread in order to tell you to give it a rest, then you really should be thinking hard about which party is the one out of line. Innocent victim of internet bullies? Please.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

You guys sem to have a clique that has developed here
    Really Barry? I guess that's a convenient way to rationalize why so many members don't agree with your opinions, or find your attitude off-putting, but it's simply not the case. I monitor this site every day, and can tell you that there is no "clique", or group think here. On the contrary, anyone who has been around on a consistent basis, knows we ALL get into spirited debates and disagreements with each other on a regular basis.

Everyone who posts on this site is opinionated by nature, and sometimes those opinions concur, sometimes they don't, but there is absolutely no coordinated effort to "gang up" on anybody.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

As it stands, Barry has had the opportunity to speak his mind, and others have responded in turn. Since this thread has gotten completely off topic and includes many personal criticisms from both sides, who again have both had their chance to speak, I am going to close it to prevent further argument.

Our standards for discussion here at ClanRam are listed very clearly in our board rules (link), which come from Dez himself. Our expectations are that a high level of civility must be maintained in discussions, even heated ones.

That means respecting everyone's right to their opinion and responding to them in a respectful manner, even if you disagree, even if you believe they are way off base, even if you believe they are less informed than you are.

From this point forward, posts that are fail to meet this standard, including off topic personal comments or criticisms, will be deleted without warning. THIS is the warning.

Everyone has been allowed more free reign to get things off their respective chests over the last couple of hours, and in doing so, the quality of discourse and the enjoyment of draft conversations has plummeted. That stops now. If you cannot find a way to express your point without being rude or discourteous to a fellow member, then you risk having your point and post deleted.

If there are questions, please consult the board rules or private message me or another board moderator.
    RealRam likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12