Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By punahou

Thread: Some interesting draft tidbits from Jim Thomas

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Some interesting draft tidbits from Jim Thomas

Per Jim Thomas

Here at Senior Bowl, Rams showing interest in North Carolina WR Dwight Jones, who's 6-4, 225 and a member of the South squad.
    Cool we are showing interest in Dwight Jones, but I pray we get someone better than him.

Only Rams coach here at Senior Bowl is new d-line coach Mike Waufle; but almost all of Rams scouting department is working the event.
    Good to see Mike Waufle being put to work early.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Some interesting draft tidbits from Jim Thomas

Personally, I'm a huge Dwight Jones fan. I think he is being sorely underrated, and will provide a heck of a nice target for some NFL QB......hopefully, Bradford.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Living here in Charlotte, N.C. I've seen plenty of D. Jones. He is ultra talented, but he is very raw. He will be a project and will potentially take 2-3 years to blossom. My question is do we really want yet another WR project on the roster?

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Living here in Charlotte, N.C. I've seen plenty of D. Jones. He is ultra talented, but he is very raw. He will be a project and will potentially take 2-3 years to blossom. My question is do we really want yet another WR project on the roster?
    exactly... not another project that is raw. We've heard this too often in players we have drafted. Now if he's gonan get targetted after round 3 fine, but any higher and it's too risky considering the other players out there.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. He needs to polish his routes, but he's not at all a project. He shouldn't take any more time to produce than any other 2nd or 3rd round WR. He plays tall with a lot of strength.

If Blackmon doesn't happen in round 1, Jones is a very viable option at the top of round 3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Agreed with ManOFGod. Watched a lot of carolina games. No question this guy has potential in NFL, but he is raw. So if we can trade back and still get Blackmon, still my number 1 preference. If not this isnt a bad backup option