Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Some Names to Look For- 2008

SO I'm housebound after having four wisdom teeth removed, ad with little better to do than to throw around some names of players (whom the college football fans most probably will have already geard of and thought about) that may be early targets next year for our Rams.

I've included primarily defensive names, seeing as our offense looks like our most solid unit.

Hold up-- this isn't to say anyone's a surefire first rounder next year-- we all know how much players can and will slide. But I'll stick in some primary targets.

LSU UT Glenn Dorsey-- many feel that with another solid season under his belt, the explosive Louisianna State Senior Standout will catapult to the top of many draft boards. He may end up in horns if LaRoi Glover continues to slow down and Claude Wroten is unable to escape whatever demons he has been haunted by in years past.

Miami (FL) DE Calais Campbell-- Projects to be a very high pick for next year, and could be a great fit opposite Leonard Little. Only in your (4-12) nightmares do we have a shot at him, barring major injury. Is still a junior, but was All-ACC in 006 as a sophmore.

Ohio St LB James Laurinaitis-- May be one of the best defensive prospects in the country. Led the Buckeyes defense to the National Championship game last season. Very versatile, may be a fit for the Rams if nobody shows significant improvement on the strongside.

LSU DE Tyson Jackson-- My second favorite Jackson to be a contender in '08, (Bechind USC's Lawrence) Tyson has displayed great skills as a pass rusher from the end position. But you have to question the legitimacy of his skill level, purely because he plays along the same line as standout Glenn Dorsey, a la Alan Branch/LaMarr Woodley of the Michigan Wolverines last year.

USC DE Lawrence Jackson-- An all around baller with fantastic pro potential. He has displayed great defensive awarenes for the Trojans the last few years, picking up the slack after the departure of former standouts like Erasmus James. His stock seems to be a bit all over the place atm, and may just be a fit for the (10-6) Rams next offseason.

USC DT Sedrick Ellis--- Size, Speed, Athleticism- you name it. Probably only a possibility if the defensive linemen can't get it together this season.

Penn State LB Dan Conner- Look for him to go in the first round. I'll guarantee it. The second stalwart from the Linebacker U to come in the last two years (Paul Poz of 2007) Conner wraps up runners securely and has shifted into the middle after playing on the outside of the Puzluzinator last year.

Arizona CB Antoine Cason--- I know what you're all thinking...last arziona prospect to play for the Rams' secondary was..... gulp.... Adam Archuleta. And the last CB to come out of AZ in the firt round was...none other than the solid but unspectaular Antrell Rolle. But Cason looks to be the real deal, and much as Leon Hall was last year, Cason is the most solid senior prospect for 2008.

Miami S Kenny Phillips-- Probably won't be as good as his Miami predecessors in Ed Reed and Sean Taylor coming out next year, barring a phenomenal year, but has the chance to become every bit as good a pro player. Great Range and very physical, could be a great player at Strong Safety foor the Rams. I really like Phillips, and my own personal bias tells me he's going top fifteen.

Notre Dame SS Tom Zibrowski-- Inevitable Ageing of Chavous, etc etc.... lanky man with a chance to b a good pick in late round 1 or early round 2.

Others Worth A Mention
    *Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
    *Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
    *Xavier Adibi, OLB, Va. Tech.
    *Tommy Blake, OLB/DE, TCU
    *Justin King, CB, Penn St
    *Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
    *Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    *Sam Baker, T, USC
    *Frank Okam, DT, Texas
    *Malik Jackson, OLB, Louisville
    *Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska
    *Michael Oher, G, Ole Miss
    *Josh Pinkard, S, USC
    *Wesley Woodyard, S, Kentucky
    *Michael Oher, OG, Mississippi
    *Herman Johnson, OG, LSU

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Re: Some Names to Look For- 2008

Interesting read, Bar-bq. However, FYI, Antrell Rolle played his college ball at the University of Miami, and was subsequently drafted by the Arizona Cardinals. Hope you heal up quickly from your visit to the Dentist. 4 extractions in one day?---OUCH!!

WHAT SAY YE?

RamsNation is offline Registered User

Re: Some Names to Look For- 2008

I like a lot of those guys, and I hope we get one of them. But, one of my "WATCH" players was left off. How come no Derrick Harvey,DE Florida, 6'3,260 lbs, built in the mold of Leonard Little, who is getting up in years, and could help groom a replacement in Harvey, who in my opinion was the best pass rusher Florida had in the second half of the season last year. Nevermind, just getting on one of my starved for football, mid July, 288 days til' the draft rants.