Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Some Pro Day News

Scout.com is reporting that the Rams are planning to fly to California at some point for a private workout with Arizona running back Chris Henry. At least two Rams coaches were present at Arizona's pro day, where Henry did position drills while sticking with his combine forty times of 4.4 and 4.41.

Offensive special assistant Jeff Horton has been busy. Not only did he attend Arizona's pro day but he also was at Arizona State (most noted in this draft for TE Zach Miller) the day before. Rams offensive line coach Paul Bourdreau was at Auburn yesterday, where offensive linemen Ben Grubbs and Tim Duckworth worked out.

Finally, Rams head coach Scott Linehan was present at the Arkansas pro day today, where highly-touted defensive end Jamaal Anderson finally worked out after missing the combine. Anderson, who weighed in at 284 pounds, ran the forty in 4.75 and 4.80 seconds. He had a 4.22 short shuttle, 6.88 three cone drill, and 22 bench press reps of 225 pounds. Cornerback Chris Houston did positional drills as well.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Some Pro Day News

Good news thanks Nick

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Chris Henry would be a nice compliment to Jackson.

RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

yikes...another trung canidate...from the same school no less...hope he turns out better than the other candidate...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He's not at all like Trung. Trung was just fast. Henry is pretty big (about 230 lbs.) and fast.

rampete is offline Registered User

good point, av...but i was thinking more in lines with the fact that despite a less than a stellar productive collegiate careers, due to their straight line speed, one was and the other will be drafted relatively high by a team in need of RBs...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Trung was a huge mistake. He was a guy who happened to catch the eye of Martz. I've always supported Martz, but Trung was one of his worst moves.

As for Henry......great potential, awesome physical specimen, bit of a headcase who better have a fund set up for his future bail needs, IMO. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but there are questions about his leaving school that probably need to be addressed.
    22 bench press reps
    A little disappointing. I expected more from Anderson.
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-14-2007 at 12:15 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LARAM is offline Registered User

He looks like a monster in that picture.....Anyone know where he is projected to go in the draft.

I'm still thinking OL/DEF on the second day, But we should most definately pick a young back up somewhere just in case the unthinkable happens.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    He looks like a monster in that picture.....Anyone know where he is projected to go in the draft.
    Rumor has it he may be in consideration for the #3 running back rank behind Peterson and Lynch. While personally I'm not sure if I have him ranked that high, I do think he's a first day pick at this point.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

No to Chris Henry, I saw him play against USC. Jackson was way better than him.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    No to Chris Henry, I saw him play against USC. Jackson was way better than him.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting Henry to replace Jackson, but instead to back him up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod