Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Some Pro Day Notes

-Reports indicate that Antrel Rolle did not disappoint at Miami's Pro Day, running a 4.49 40 and looked excellent in drills.

-Safety Brodney Pool ran a 4.54 and had a 39-inch vertical leap at the OK Pro Day, while Donte Nicholson ran a 4.55. CB Antonio Perkins clocked a 4.50 while ILB Lance Mitchell hit a 4.87. OT Jammal Brown opted not to work out, and let his combine performance speak for itself.

-S Josh Bullocks ran a 4.46, which was pretty impressive. LB Barrett Rudd ran a 4.72.

-In Florida, Channing Crowder ran a 4.71 and RB Ciatrick Fason ran a 4.60, both numbers somewhat disappointing in my opinion.

-Wisconsin DE Erasmus James ran a solid yet unimpressive 4.74.

-USC receiver Mike Williams ran a 4.58 and looked sharp in positional drills.

-WVU's own Pacman Jones ran a 4.38 and has probably secured himself as a Top 10 pick.

-OT Alex Barron's stock is rising after an impressive performance at Florida State's pro day, including a 4.83 40 time and a 38-inch vertical leap despite weighing in at 320 lbs.

-Apparently QB/RB/WR/TE Matt Jones looked very impressive in catching drills.

-Tennessee's Kevin Burnett ran an impressive 4.57 40, while OT Michael Munoz did not work out because of injury.

-Safety James Butler of Georgia Tech really helped his stock by running a solid 4.49 with an amazing 44-inch vertical leap.

-While receiver Braylon Edwards helped his cause by running a 4.48 and not dropping a single ball in drills, his fellow college teammate Marlin Jackson reportedly sprained his wrist during drills yesterday, and will be sidelined 1-2 weeks. Not sure if that's going to affect his stock. Ernest Shazor ran a disappointing 40 between 4.61 and 4.71, and could fall into the third round.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Some Pro Day Notes

-OT Alex Barron's stock is rising after an impressive performance at Florida State's pro day, including a 4.83 40 time and a 38-inch vertical leap despite weighing in at 320 lbs.
    Barron is 6'7" with an 84" wingspan. Add in that 38" vertical and that means he can get his hand about 2'5" above a basketball rim. That's great by itself, but he is 320 lbs. That's un-real! If football doesn't workout, maybe he should look into the NBA. :redface:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I've heard rumblings that his workout results from this spring may have shot him into the top five, but whie I'm not convinced, I doubt he lasts past #10. Either Tennessee or Detroit will pull the trigger, I'd imagine. If he falls to the Texans, they'll throw a parade.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I've heard rumblings that his workout results from this spring may have shot him into the top five, but whie I'm not convinced, I doubt he lasts past #10. Either Tennessee or Detroit will pull the trigger, I'd imagine. If he falls to the Texans, they'll throw a parade.
    I don't know, Nick. The Titans lost both their starting corners, I figure they HAVE to pick up Pac-Man or Rolle with the #6 spot. Detroit maybe, but I'd see them trying to get a pass rusher in the first.

But I do agree with you that if Barron does fall to Houston he won't fall any farther. My concern then is if the Panthers decide to go after Brown with the next pick. Hopefully not, since the rumor is they want an LT so they can move Gross back to RT. Brown wouldn't be able to help with that, so hopefully they pass on him even with Barron off to Houston.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I don't know, Nick. The Titans lost both their starting corners, I figure they HAVE to pick up Pac-Man or Rolle with the #6 spot. Detroit maybe, but I'd see them trying to get a pass rusher in the first.
    I agree in that I think the Titans have corner higher on their board, but this is a deep cornerback class. The Titans could draft Barron at #6 and then someone like Justin Miller, Corey Webster, or Bryant McFadden in the early second round if they're still available, and make out like bandits.