Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Someone had to post it -- PERCY HARVIN, Yes Please !!!!

richtree is offline Registered User

Someone had to post it -- PERCY HARVIN, Yes Please !!!!

Mike Max of CBS Minnesota reports that the Vikings will indeed attempt to trade Percy Harvin this off-season.

I will gladly give a second round pick if we can trade for Harvin, as long as he signs an extension.

He is only 24 years old and a rare threat in the NFL. I would gladly let another player walk for Harvin.

Our goal is weapons and Oline....everything else we can worry about later....

Let's get going...

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Someone had to post it -- PERCY HARVIN, Yes Please !!!!

I'm all for giving up a 2nd round pick for him, but I'm pretty sure he'd be expecting a big money extension too

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I'd try to nail out an extension first. If we could pull that off, I'd give a 2nd no doubt. I'd even give a 1, but that wont be necessary.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'd try to nail out an extension first. If we could pull that off, I'd give a 2nd no doubt. I'd even give a 1, but that wont be necessary.
    I agree hopefully we reach out to him and Vikings shortly...

He'd be a great replacement in the slot for if DA doesn't re-sign... might be more expensive though

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    He'd be a great replacement in the slot for if DA doesn't re-sign... might be more expensive though
    I would gladly take both....Harvin isn't limited to slot, he can play inside, outside, backfield, pretty much everywhere....he is an elite talent.

Danny is a second priority to Harvin
    Last edited by richtree; -02-10-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Torry Holt likes this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Correct me if im wrong but a few yrs ago didnt Santana Holmes get traded for a 6th rounder after being the super b owl mvp? No one wanted Mike wallace for a 1st or a 2nd rd pick. i believe Vicent Jackson was up for trade a few years ago and no one pulled the trigger. Im saying this to say, a 2nd rounder sounds a bit high considering recent WR trades.
    Haste likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I'd rather go after Tavon Austin if we're gonna draft a receiver with Harvin's skillset. Especially if our cap situation isn't that great.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I would gladly take both....Harvin isn't limited to slot, he can play inside, outside, backfield, pretty much everywhere....he is an elite talent.

Danny is a second priority to Harvin
    I don't think that makes much sense at all. While Harvin isn't limited to the slot, that's obviously been where most of his work has come. In each of the last three years, a clear majority of his routes have been from the slot. The same can be said of Amendola for '10 and last year.

So ignoring the financial hurdles the Rams would have to get by in order to get both of these guys under contract when both are seeking lucrative long-term deals, the team would be paying one of them to change their play style and line up for a majority of the time outside. I dunno, maybe there are people who think Harvin can do that and remain as effective. I'm not sure I'm one of them.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Would be a gaint pick up and meaning that Amendola is shown the door. What you get back are the same injury woes, but more talent. But I would pull that trigger.
    If the FO is creative with their longterm contracts (although already mentioned they don't want to backload) next year TV money kicks in and the cap maybe as much as 15% higher.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Three points:

1. Santonio Holmes was traded for a 5th rouder I think, but had a suspension coming due to a drug arrest or something like that, so he had extenuating circumstances. That said,I still think that a 2nd rounder is too much for a player who has missed time already in his short career and is on the smaller side.

2. He's looking for top receiver money and I don't know if we could give him that. I think that he'd end up taking the same salary that Amendola and Jackson might command if we could sign them both to new contracts. Until we get some more cap room, I don't think Harvin makes sense.

3. As good as he is, we still need help at various places on our team, namely who will be blocking to make sure Harvin can get and do something with the ball. Harvin's salary, not just the draft pick, would be a limiting factor in whom we might be able to sign as an offensive lineman, when there is a very strong OT market this year and we can hopefully get one for below typical market value. Give me Phil Loadholt instead of Harvin.
    Bar-bq and cfh128 like this.
    I believe!

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I'm for trading for him. Even more if we plan to use one of our 3 first picks for a WR. I know he is a free agent at the end but the guy is special, he is a real weapon. I'm not sure we can find safer and better option at WR with the first 3 picks. I like Amendola but if we need to get rid of him to get Harvin, i'm alright with that. They were both injured last season but Harvin still played a lot of games previous years and he is younger and better.
    I'll take a chance with a 2nd on Harvin and i'm sure we can pay him at end of the year if victory are there, Bradford could restructure, Jackson will probably go in few years and will take a paycut for a title chance, you can find money for a top 5 NFL playmaker with the ball in his hands...
    Harvin, Givens, Young (if he stay on roster), that group is fast ! They are small but all play bigger than their size, especially Harvin. With guy like Pettis, Gibson, Quick you have size and redzone targets. Just add another young receiving TE and with Kendricks it gives a lot of young weapons.
    To conclude I'm all for Percy Harvin as a Ram !
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

I can imagine it now: Sam in the shotgun with Titus Young and Givens on the outside, Percy Harvin in the slot/backfield, and Kendricks and Eiffert/Ertz lined up in a 2-TE formation... now that's my heaven right there
    Torry Holt likes this.

chiguy is offline Registered User

He's a nice player, but he's not worth the kind of scratch and draft picks that are being talked about. If he was the last piece, maybe...but we need linemen and safeties just as bad. I know we want a playmaker, but not at that price.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I'd rather Harvin over Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, and Greg Jennings. Very young, unbelievably fast, playmaker, very versatile. Sure he's had an injury history, but its been for different parts of his body. His migraines look to be taken care of because this year he was fine in that sense.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast