keith m. klink Guest

SOMEONE will want McFADDEN.

With the 40-time that he put up , he might not have jumped to #1 but maybe some team will look at last years PETERSON cenario and jump on MCFADDEN earlier . maybe some team thinks he is their future . may this whole thing could be changed by one teams wants and needs . LET US ALL look at the teams that might want to grab him , and who might be willing to move.

REDSKINS -portis is always hurt.

PANTHERS - foster is gone , is williams the answer.

FALCONS -don't need to trade up unless someone pulls a fast one , but J.LONG is a better fit . or a QB.

THE DETROIT LIONS !!!!! we have a winner . a new franchise back to put all their pieces together .

JETS - AT #6 i think they have a fair shot if they want to play wait and see.

PATRIOTS - a franchise back for the veteran brady too start to rely on .

RAIDERS - NEED I SAY MORE , but again they might play wait and see .

COWBOYS - jerry jones , nuf said .

BENGALS - is rudy or anyone over there the answer , no.

TEXANS - THIS MIGHT BE THE DIVISION THIS YEAR with a franchise back to help SHAUB and their tremendous receivers .

JAGUARS - FRED is slowing after 10 years and JONES-DREW isn't a workhorse back . to pair DREW with McFADDEN . WOW and WOW.

you see if it's in the cards.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: SOMEONE will want McFADDEN.

McFadden's 40-time was impressive, but he still has a number of off the field issues that could give him a black eye with teams. I think we're a good trading partner for teams interested in him because the Falcons could take him at three, but because of the off the field issues with Vick, I think Atlanta could pass on McFadden to try and get a "cleaner" prospect. The highest I see McFadden going right now is four to Oakland, but even then RB isn't a huge need for them.

As for the teams you listed...

REDSKINS - Already have a deep backfield with Portis and Betts, who signed an extension in December of '06.

PANTHERS - Foster is gone, but Williams is a former first rounder and pairing him up with McFadden is an expensive 1-2 punch.

FALCONS - My gut tells me they go Ryan, Jake Long (if we don't take him), or a DT here.

LIONS - Don't see it at all. They need too much help along the OL and on defense at DE and CB.

JETS - As you said, they'll wait and see who they get. They could land Ellis or Gholston there, which they'd be fine with.

PATRIOTS - Don't they already have a franchise back in Maroney? They may take McFadden if he falls to seven, but they won't trade up for him.

RAIDERS - The only way they trade up is to hop over Atlanta, but I think with significant needs at DT, they'll wait and see who falls to them.

COWBOYS - This is probably the team that makes the most sense to trade up, but if they can ink Barber to a long-term deal, I think they'd rather find a cheaper guy to pair with him as a 1-2 punch rather than trading up.

BENGALS - If Rudy isn't the answer, the Bengals could take Mendenhall @ 9. In fact, this may be my pick for then in my next mock.

TEXANS - Maybe, but I don't see it. Too many other needs, and this is a deep RB class so they could grab someone in the second.

JAGUARS - Don't see it at all. Taylor/MJD is a nice combo; when Taylor is done they can find someone else for less money to pair with JD.

general counsel is offline Registered User

McFaddin acknowledged today that he is expecting TWO children and no folks, it isnt twins. The guy has been doing some swimming without his raincoat on.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

BENGALS - If Rudy isn't the answer, the Bengals could take Mendenhall @ 9. In fact, this may be my pick for then in my next mock.

TEXANS - Maybe, but I don't see it. Too many other needs, and this is a deep RB class so they could grab someone in the second.
    Couple of thoughts...

Do you think the Bengals will take a running back with their first pick? They drafted Irons last year, and have Watson and Johnson around.

I agree with what you're saying about taking running backs in the second round...do you think a lot of teams will think like this and we'll see a lot of big names drop down?

keith m. klink Guest

Thanks for the reply's guy's , i try to think of stuff that might be fun and almost possible too sometimes . i didn't hear that about McFADDEN . that would drop me off the board a little , and a re-evaluation of his spot would have to take place . it seems that maybe the obscene amounts of money is making these high top 3 picks a kinda taboo of sorts . what do you guy's think . i think these agents are the problem , always boosting the prices up. i'm tellin ya , when a team has to start dishing out 40-50 million dollars bonuses to just sign a player , and the guarantee's without even playing a down . this has too change soon or teams will just pass on the picks until they can afford to pick someone .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Thanks for the reply's guy's , i try to think of stuff that might be fun and almost possible too sometimes . i didn't hear that about McFADDEN . that would drop me off the board a little , and a re-evaluation of his spot would have to take place . it seems that maybe the obscene amounts of money is making these high top 3 picks a kinda taboo of sorts . what do you guy's think . i think these agents are the problem , always boosting the prices up. i'm tellin ya , when a team has to start dishing out 40-50 million dollars bonuses to just sign a player , and the guarantee's without even playing a down . this has too change soon or teams will just pass on the picks until they can afford to pick someone .
    EXACTLY! McFadden's agent is going to ask to give the kid a tremendous amount of money. Some teams can't afford it.

In all honesty, I don't think anyone is going to trade up for McFadden for the agents. Thatll be the reason why.

If any team I would want to trade with, it'll be the Jets or Falcons. That way we can take their #1 and #2. That gives us a good player still at an early spot in the draft, also 2 good picks in round two.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Do you think the Bengals will take a running back with their first pick? They drafted Irons last year, and have Watson and Johnson around.
    The Bengals have a crowded backfield but they don't have "the guy." Rudi has been injured and both he and Kenny Watson are getting up their in age. Chris Perry is a first round bust, and Kenny Irons has been hurt as well. The Bengals backfield is one big question mark, one they could solve by drafting a dynamic franchise back. Ultimately I think they want defense with that pick, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a running back taken either, especially after some strong combine performances.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I agree with what you're saying about taking running backs in the second round...do you think a lot of teams will think like this and we'll see a lot of big names drop down?
    Maybe, maybe not. I think McFadden, Mendenhall, and Stewart are all taken in the top 20. Jones can still sneak into the first round, and I think guys like Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles are solid second round guys. After that in the third, you've got Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton... those guys who can work as part of a combination or develop into a starter.