Darian Stewart, FS
    Bradley Fletcher, CB
    Robert Turner, OG
    William Hayes, DE
    Brandon Gibson, WR
    Jermelle Cudjo, DT
    Steven Jackson, RB

Free Agency:

Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs: 6'2, big physical #1 WR. He will not be cheap, but he is a huge asset to a team. He has had three 1,000 yard seasons and caught 15 TD's in one of those campaigns! He'd attract a lot of attention, freeing up guys like Danny Amendola and Brian Quick/Chris Givens.

Ryan Clady, LT, Broncos: He is a terrific true stalwart LT. Only 26 years old, Clady is now entering his prime as one of the best LT's in the game. He rejected a 5 year 50 million dollar offer from the Broncos this past off-season (wanted more guarantees). He is as solid as they get, and I'd be willing to pony up the dough.

Draft:

1.13-Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: Yes, I know, guards usually don't go too high in the draft, but I love this guy. He is 6'2 320+ lbs. He is a monster in the run game, but can effectively hold up against a bull rush. With Warmack and Clady added to this line, we will have one of the best in the NFL. A dancing bear type of guy, Warmack is a better or equal to prospect as David DeCastro. I would trade down here and grab him a few spots later, but I'm trying to stay with our actual draft position.

1.22-Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame: I have not given up hope on Lance Kendricks yet, but Eifert is just another weapon for Sam. He improved his blocking this year, which is terrific. He is an amazing pass catching threat, especially in the red-zone, where he can line up outside the numbers and catch a fade with ease. He is 6'6 and weighs 250 lbs. If he can continue to develop his route running and blocking (in the NFL), he will be a superstar.

2.22-Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma: He is smaller at 5'11, but he is your typical FS. He is great in man coverage vs TE's and HB's, and has great range. Jefferson isn't bad in run support either, but is definitely an Ed Reed type player. He is a guy that just has "it". Always making big plays. Can step in and start immediately.

3.22-Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida: Jenkins broke his thumb and has missed several games, causing his draft stock to slip a little. He is small at 6'1 and 230 lbs, but damn he is fast. He makes great open field tackles and is a fast as any LB you can find. He will certainly help with stopping the run, but can also play zone. He is only touching the surface of his potential. Jenkins fits in well with a "Joker" role. He would be very fun to use and watch in that type of position.

4.22-Graham Pocic, C, Illinois: Pocic has been a pretty good Center for Illinois. He blocked for Mikel Leshoure last year. He isn't particularly small, but he has to put on some more muscle to handle the bullrush more. He is decent as both a pass and run blocker. He is going to "ride the pine" until Scott Wells is no longer with the team. You can't go wrong with depth!

5.22-Jonathon Bostic, ILB, Florida: Bostic plays bigger than he is. He's aggressive. He is having a little bit of a down year which causes his slip. He's a good athlete who needs to add a couple of pounds. Hopefully he develops and sits behind Laurinaitis, and the OLB's. He can step up if an injury occurs, and play ST (Haggan and McIntosh are not returning).

6.22-LaAdrian Waddle, OT, Texas Tech: Waddle is massive at 6'6 and 332 lbs. He will be the back-up RT (behind Saffold) and will develop. If Coach Boudreau can do to Waddle what he's done with Richardson and Hunter, Waddle may be a great starting piece if Saffold goes down, or an excellent swing tackle.

7.22-Zach Boren, FB, Ohio State: He is a beast at 252 lbs. We know that Fisher likes to run, so he gets a true road grading FB here. Boren will open up holes for D.Rich and SJ when needed.

Depth Chart:

New players are bolded!

QB: Bradford/Davis
    RB: Richardson/Jackson/Pead/Ganaway
    FB: Boren/Miller
    WR1: Bowe/Quick
    WR2: Givens/Gibson
    SlotWR: Amendola/Pettis
    TE: Kendricks/Eifert/Mulligan
    LT: Clady/Hunter
    LG: Warmack/Turner
    C: Wells/Pocic
    RG: Dahl/Watkins
    RT: Saffold/Barksdale/Waddle
    LE: Long/Sims
    NT: Brockers/Cudjo/Heard
    UT: Langford/Conrath
    RE: Quinn/Hayes
    SLB: Dunbar/Hull
    MLB: Laurinaitis/Bostic
    WLB: Jenkins/Cole
    CB1: Finnegan/Johnson
    CB2: Jenkins/Johnson
    SlotCB: Fletcher/Johnson
    FS: Jefferson/Stewart/McLeod
    SS: Mikell/Stewart/Daniels
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-16-2012 at 05:12 PM.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Sosa's Early Mock Draft!

How much do you think Amendola is going to cost? I hope they get his deal done before he becomes a free agent...

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How much do you think Amendola is going to cost? I hope they get his deal done before he becomes a free agent...
    Not 100% sure, but probably something around 4.5 million - 6 million a year. So perhaps a 6 year 30 million dollar contract.

This is me spit balling by the way. He is better than most WR's in the NFL, but won't be paid a top 10 salary. I hope he wants around 4 million, that way we can land Clady and Bowe in the FA market (who will be killer expensive).

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not 100% sure, but probably something around 4.5 million - 6 million a year. So perhaps a 6 year 30 million dollar contract.

This is me spit balling by the way. He is better than most WR's in the NFL, but won't be paid a top 10 salary. I hope he wants around 4 million, that way we can land Clady and Bowe in the FA market (who will be killer expensive).
    I don't know either but when he slammed his helmet into the wall, it might have been about how much money that just cots him. He is one of the best slot receiver in the game and more important to us a key player. He was having a big year like I said I hope they are still working on it and get it done before he test the market.

Lombardi: Danny Amendola is St. Louis Rams' best
    + Share

NFL Network analyst Michael Lombardi called Danny Amendola the best player on the St. Louis Rams ' roster. The former NFL personnel executive said Sunday on "First on the Field" that the Rams immediately should sign the free agent-to-be to a long-term contract.

"If I were the Rams right now, I'd go after Danny Amendola ," Lombardi said. "He's going to be a free agent at the end of the season ... I'd offer him a contract right now because this is the best time to sign him, because he's worried about what is my marketability going to be like ... he's their best player."

Quarterback Sam Bradford and defensive end Chris Long might have some issues with that "best player" evaluation.

Amendola had 32 receptions for 395 yards and two touchdowns in four games before suffering a separated shoulder during Thursday night's win over the Arizona Cardinals . He's out for at least six weeks.

Amendola certainly has been Bradford's best receiver option, but the Rams still need a clear-cut No. 1 wideout. The Rams will never get the best out of Bradford without one. Amendola is a Wes Welker type of player who's best working underneath.

The third-year pro has been one of the top receivers in 2012, but the Rams still are the No. 29 passing offense and No. 25 in scoring. Bradford needs more to work with in St. Louis.

Amendola was shown hurling his helmet in the hallway on the way to the locker room after the injury. There couldn't be a worse time to miss a significant amount of time -- a contract year.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Ryan Clady hasn't been the same player since his knee injury he got playing basketball in 2010. He was maybe the best LT in the league in his first 2 seasons but his performance on the field hasn't been close to that level as of late. He also just turned down a 5 year $50 million with $28 million guaranteed contract this offseason so he also apparently still thinks that he is the 2009 version of himself. I wouldn't want to invest that much in a player who is no longer elite.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Ryan Clady hasn't been the same player since his knee injury he got playing basketball in 2010. He was maybe the best LT in the league in his first 2 seasons but his performance on the field hasn't been close to that level as of late. He also just turned down a 5 year $50 million with $28 million guaranteed contract this offseason so he also apparently still thinks that he is the 2009 version of himself. I wouldn't want to invest that much in a player who is no longer elite.
    I realize that, and I do agree actually. He was better his first two years in the league than what he's been recently, but he is still easily a top LT in this league.

THE DREAM TEAM

BarronWade is offline Registered User

YESSSSS! Finally someone else can see the value Chance Warmack can bring to this team...Something others dont see is that this guy can also play center; do u see this guy at the line of scrimmage he is calling out blitz and just recognizes who is gunna drop back and stuff every1 sees how massive he is no one knows too much about this guy's intelligence...With him next to Wells it will be hard for defenses to hide interior blitz packages

I love Bowe and I like Clady but i dont like both; I do not like the idea of signing 2 high priced Free Agents in the same off-season it just messes up our cap in the future as both will get similar years...I would go with Clady if I had to choose Because if we are re-signing Gibson and amendola I think we have a good WR core; Givens can take the top off the D and Gibson is actually reliable and not dropping them and we have amendola also your pick Eifert...

To be honest Eifert is completely horrible value there but it is october so alot can change so lets just talk about the player...He can be a great addition for us lining him up in a bunch with amendola and givens can be deadly...but im not completely sold on him just yet...But as a player i would love to see him as a ram the value gets me thou

As u said its an early draft so i will just address the top 3 rounds...Jefferson will be a good addition to play centerfield for us and Jenkins is very raw but guess who will be coaching him Gregg Williams (i believe his suspension will be lifted by then) I like that

Overall I love it...Just not the free agents I dont think any team should give up chunks of money to 2 players in the same off-season

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    YESSSSS! Finally someone else can see the value Chance Warmack can bring to this team...Something others dont see is that this guy can also play center; do u see this guy at the line of scrimmage he is calling out blitz and just recognizes who is gunna drop back and stuff every1 sees how massive he is no one knows too much about this guy's intelligence...With him next to Wells it will be hard for defenses to hide interior blitz packages

I love Bowe and I like Clady but i dont like both; I do not like the idea of signing 2 high priced Free Agents in the same off-season it just messes up our cap in the future as both will get similar years...I would go with Clady if I had to choose Because if we are re-signing Gibson and amendola I think we have a good WR core; Givens can take the top off the D and Gibson is actually reliable and not dropping them and we have amendola also your pick Eifert...

To be honest Eifert is completely horrible value there but it is october so alot can change so lets just talk about the player...He can be a great addition for us lining him up in a bunch with amendola and givens can be deadly...but im not completely sold on him just yet...But as a player i would love to see him as a ram the value gets me thou

As u said its an early draft so i will just address the top 3 rounds...Jefferson will be a good addition to play centerfield for us and Jenkins is very raw but guess who will be coaching him Gregg Williams (i believe his suspension will be lifted by then) I like that

Overall I love it...Just not the free agents I dont think any team should give up chunks of money to 2 players in the same off-season
    I do agree, that getting 2 high prized FA's may be overkill. We could ride with Saffold at LT and play Wayne Hunter or something at RT, while going after an FA WR.

I'd prefer Mike Wallace over Bowe. I also prefer Branden Albert to Clady, but I don't think Albert is let go. I also doubt that Wallace is aloud to walk. I guess we'll see in a bit.

I wouldn't be furious with Saffold at LT next year. But with that being said, we'd have to at least fix the LG spot with a terrific prospect in Warmack, leaving us with one of the best interior lines in football.

My dream off-season would consist of LT Branden Albert, and OG Chance Warmack. I wouldn't mind looking at some WR and OLB options in the FA market.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-16-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Actually, look at this. On PFF (according to their pass blocking efficiency rating) Ryan Clady has the 2nd best rating in all of football with a 98.4 (Puts him as the #1 LT). The only OT doing better than him this season is RT Winston Justice for the Colts. I guess Clady is still elite, huh?

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Actually, look at this. On PFF (according to their pass blocking efficiency rating) Ryan Clady has the 2nd best rating in all of football with a 98.4 (Puts him as the #1 LT). The only OT doing better than him this season is RT Winston Justice for the Colts. I guess Clady is still elite, huh?
    How does is grade out in run blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How does is grade out in run blocking?
    Im not sure because I don't pay for the site, so I don't get all the statistics, but I can tell you that Wayne Hunter and Barry Richardson are the 7th and 9th worst pass protecting OT's.

I'm willing to bet Clady is top 5 in run blocking as well though. The guy is just a beast. Actually, the three LT's that I've been mentioning for the past 2 weeks (Branden Albert, Jake Long, Ryan Clady) are ranked (Pass blocking efficiency) 5th, 5th (tied), and 2nd. So I guess all 3 would be acceptable.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Warmack and Clady would be just pure awesomness. Our line would be so beastly. Not sure on Eifert, Mainly cause we need a Safety or wr in round one imo. But i wouldnt hate getting him, he seems with some good coaching could be a stud. Not a bad mock. Still early, but still not bad

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

My concern on Clady is that he comes from a zone-blocking background.

I'd prefer Jake Long.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    My concern on Clady is that he comes from a zone-blocking background.

I'd prefer Jake Long.
    I think Clady is strong and talented enough to fit in both schemes, but I'd be ecstatic with either of them (Branden Albert also).

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I really want to sign Ryan Clady.

Then we can either draft Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter. Either of which would easily be our most talented receiver and finally give us a guy who could be a legit elite level receiver.

Then we can use the other pick on Eric Reid or Manti Te'o.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast