sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sosa's Godly Mock Draft!

Free Agency

Davin Joseph, OG, Bucs - A very good OG that might hit the market. If we can lay hands on him our line would be much better. The line would be solidified.

Sidney Rice, WR, Vikings - A very tall and talented receiver. He would definitely fit in well here and him and Bradford would be a duo to look out for.

Draft

Round 1: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri: We all would have loved Julio but I do not think he will drop this far. Anyway, we get a solid youngster to play across from Chris Long which would be a terror. He can develop into something disgustingly special.

Round 2: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas: This kid has great size and good speed. Some dont think he will fit in as a CB in the NFL so we move him into the SS or FS role where he would fit greatly. 1 more hole filled with a talented player.

Round 3: Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: This kid is a tackling machine. He has a great work ethic and Spags would love to coach him. He will fit in tremendously and him and James Laurinaitis would make a scary duo.

Round 4: Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State: He is an impressive player that would take over the change of pace role. He and Steven Jackson would make a great 1 2 punch. Great value in a later round.

Round 5: Lee Ziemba, G, Auburn: Take this kid for depth and a possible job. If he outplays Jacob Bell he can say goodbye to that fat contract he signed. Once again some good value in a later round.

Round 7: Cecil Shorts III, WR, Mount Union: A division 2 player who will be overlooked. A talented kid who did great at the senior bowl. Can be a KR/PuntR and some good depth for WR. If not a starter, a special teams player.

Round 7: Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss: A bigger kid. We need some beef in the middle of the line and he could be some good depth.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Sosa's Godly Mock Draft!

Regardless of anything else the Rams do in the off season, I would consider it a success if we could sign Sidney Rice.

However even as I type that sentence, I realize that my man crush on Julio Jones has increased to dangerously high levels, as I would rather have Quintorris than Sidney.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Regardless of anything else the Rams do in the off season, I would consider it a success if we could sign Sidney Rice.

However even as I type that sentence, I realize that my man crush on Julio Jones has increased to dangerously high levels, as I would rather have Quintorris than Sidney.
    I could not disagree with you at all. Last week before the combine, I feel like I took him landing with us to granted. Maybe he still will fall, just very unlikely.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I still think there a glimmer of hope with JJ. Even though he had a superb workout in Indy, that speed doesnt translate to his play in college with pads on. This is true of many players coming into the NFL and works both ways. Jerry Rice was a terror once he had the ball in his hands. In shorts and t-shirt and running against the clock, Rice was slow, very slow. Football isnt played in straight lines. JJ is showing signs of being a little injury prone also, so I still think theirs a good chance he will be there at 14.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Face it guys the Viks will never let Rice go...

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Face it guys the Raiders will never let Asomugha go....oh wait?

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I still think there a glimmer of hope with JJ. Even though he had a superb workout in Indy, that speed doesnt translate to his play in college with pads on. This is true of many players coming into the NFL and works both ways. Jerry Rice was a terror once he had the ball in his hands. In shorts and t-shirt and running against the clock, Rice was slow, very slow. Football isnt played in straight lines. JJ is showing signs of being a little injury prone also, so I still think theirs a good chance he will be there at 14.
    Agreed, it is hard not to get wowed by combine numbers, but you don't play football in your underwear. The combine should not be used to identify good football players, but to reaffirm their status. Julio was a beast on the field, and he played in a run first offense with a Heisman winner in the backfield. His outstanding combine just confirmed that he is an elite athlete.

And I wouldn't call Julio injury prone, he is "hurt" prone. The kid knows how to play through pain, and more importantly, how to be very effective when hurt. IMO we need more guys like this on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Well, considering his contract is up, he is not eligible for the transition tag, and they used the franchise tag on Greenway, it is now Rice's decision where he will play, not the Vikings. Lets hope Kronke's $$$ and Sam's arm are enough to draw him to the Lou.

P.S.
    Rice, Jones, Avery, Clayton, Amendola, and DX. All of a sudden our weakest position would be one of the best in the NFL.

shower beers is online now Registered User

And I wouldn't call Julio injury prone, he is "hurt" prone. The kid knows how to play through pain, and more importantly, how to be very effective when hurt. IMO we need more guys like this on the perimeter.

Agreed. Every player is going to be hurt at some point in the season. It's their ability to succeed during that time that separates the good from the great. He could have easily waited until his pro day to continue drills and no one would have given it a second though, but he chose to stick it out. That's the kind of toughness we need.

Anyway, back to the mock...

I've stated before that I'm not in love with going after Rice. For as much money as he would command, I'd like to get someone with more sustained success. Rice had the one monster year, sure but I'd like to see someone who can prove he can be a great receiver without Brett Favre throwing to him, or more specifically an average quarterback. Not that we have one, of course

I like the Shorts pick. A little Pierre Garcon v. 2

Sidney Rice already said he wants to test the free agent market. He did get tendered though.

I would love a WR corps with Rice or Jones, Clayton, Avery, DX, Amendola and Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post

Anyway, back to the mock...
    Oops, yes it does appear that I hijacked this thread to push the wide receiver agenda.

Davin Joseph would be a great pick up as well.

And I would be just fine with those draft picks, even though my knowledge does drop off considerably after the first couple of rounds.

thermobee is offline Registered User

I think people are overreacting when it comes to JJ. He was projected as a mid round pick for a reason based on his football skills.

When it comes to this draft, I would love it if the Rams ended up with an offseason like this one. Address all the needs and create some healthy competitions. Solid players on all positions.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Sidney Rice already said he wants to test the free agent market. He did get tendered though.

I would love a WR corps with Rice or Jones, Clayton, Avery, DX, Amendola and Gibson.

That is correct Rice was tendered and I believe it was a 1st round tender, which could be a steep price for a player with injury concerns. Let's hope we can draft Julio Jones.

As for the Mock draft, I hope Aaron Williams will be there for us in round 2, he'd be a great value at that point. I wonder about Aldon Smith at DE for us, he's a great talent but is he better suited for a 3-4 at SAM LB. I don't know enough about him so I'll let anyone correct me on that. Kendall Hunter is a good choice as well, if he's not there I'm looking at Shane Vereen a similar chance of pace RB with good durability. Pretty good selections, although I'm not too familiar with some of them.

Go Rams!

On Rice being tendered: I read somewhere that most likely RFA would return to the old rules, not the ones put in place under the no salary cap, and Rice would become a unrestricted free agent. Of course thats just conjecture, but don't rule out Sidney yet.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

On Rice being tendered: I read somewhere that most likely RFA would return to the old rules, not the ones put in place under the no salary cap, and Rice would become a unrestricted free agent. Of course thats just conjecture, but don't rule out Sidney yet.
    I hope you are right because if we don't get Julio Jones at #14, we'll need a true top flight receiver like Sidney Rice.

Go Rams!