throwback week

Thread: Sosa's MOCK.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sosa's MOCK.

Trade:

Our 2nd round 14th pick for the Saint's 3rd round 8th pick, 3rd round 24th pick, and LB Jo Lun Dunbar.

Free Agency:

Justin Blalock, OG, Falcons: 3 out of the 5 lineman on the Falcons are free agents. Blalock may be the one thats forgotten about. He would solve our interior line issues and we would finally get a mauler. Back to the bench Goldberg.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Giants: Spags loves to bring in players that hes already coached and this is one of them. This guy is a good pass rusher and has a nice upside. He can also play OLB but I prefer him with his hand in the ground. Will probably not be re-signed since the Giants have several DE's.

Key Re-Signings:

Clifton Ryan, DT: He was a good player although a little inconsistent last year. Did pretty good early this year but then was placed on IR. Would love to have him in a rotation.

Mark Clayton, WR: This guy did nothing but make plays while with us. Was our best receiver until he went down. A veteran who can help the young guys and has good timing with Sam Bradford.

Danny Amendola, WR: This kid has been nothing but outstanding for us this year. No questions asked we need to lock him up.

Draft:

1 - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama: I am extremely dissapointed that we wont get A.J Green but this is a sweet consolation prize. Big physical strong receiver, with good speed and probably the best blocking WR in the draft. Some inconsistency with hands although we should be able to take care of that.

3 - Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: A very hard working player who is very dedicated to the game. Just the type of player Spags would love to work with. 6'2, 244, which isn't bad size. He did a great job this season in stopping the run and playing the pass. His potential is very high.

3 - Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia: Drew comparisons to Dexter McCluster. He is great in the open field, is quick and is the perfect complement to Steven Jackson. Change of pace is what were getting here.

3 - Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss: This guy is big, strong and his presence is definently felt. He can play beside Fred Robbins and this defensive line can seriously become really scary. He can take over for Freddie when hes done playing.

4 - Will Hill, SS, Florida: Our replacement for Craig Dahl. Good playmaker and a good safety, will slip because he had some off the field issues. If we can keep him contained, he can be a gem.

5 - John Moffit, OG, Wisconsin: Moffitt is a true "road grader" type of Guard. He will replace Adam Goldberg immediately and start opening up some big holes for SJ39.

6 - Lee Ziemba, OG/OT, Auburn: A good blocker that we could certainly use. We can try to groom him into a nasty run blocker and he could possibly replace the overpaid Jacob Bell.

7 - Robert Hughes, FB, Notre Dame: We need a replacement for Mike Karney. He was either injured or was inactive because he wasn't doing the job. A lot of wear was put on him for a long time. Hes becoming less effective and needs to be replaced.

This has to be the best one you've come across...no?
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -01-24-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Sosa's MOCK.

2nd round picks have always been Devaney's specialties (Laurinaitis, Saffold) and getting rid of that might cost us some problems you know.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

If we traded our second for 2 3rds wouldn't you need to add another 3rd round pick.
    I'm not a fan of Devine after his play this year. Guys like Todman, Hunter, and Murray I like better because they are more all around players and run with more power.
    Also, where would Dunbar be playing. I'm not aware of his speed, but he seems way undersized to be playing SAM. If we draft Mason Foster I'd assume he would be the leading candidate to play WILL.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    2nd round picks have always been Devaney's specialties (Laurinaitis, Saffold) and getting rid of that might cost us some problems you know.
    You want to draft by fate? I think that is a bad reason to not trade down...just because he nailed 2 players, is no reason not to acquire more draft picks and try to fill more holes with players of the same quality. Who would be your second round choice?

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    If we traded our second for 2 3rds wouldn't you need to add another 3rd round pick.
    I'm not a fan of Devine after his play this year. Guys like Todman, Hunter, and Murray I like better because they are more all around players and run with more power.
    Also, where would Dunbar be playing. I'm not aware of his speed, but he seems way undersized to be playing SAM. If we draft Mason Foster I'd assume he would be the leading candidate to play WILL.
    According to the value chart, it would be just about equal. I think Dunbar would be a camp body or a special teams standout. I too would think Foster would immediately come in and start. Also, I am not set in stone for Devine. To me it really doesn't matter. I would be happy with Rodgers, Hunter, Murray, Todman, or Devine.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You want to draft by fate? I think that is a bad reason to not trade down...just because he nailed 2 players, is no reason not to acquire more draft picks and try to fill more holes with players of the same quality. Who would be your second round choice?
    Yeah that's true, though you never know what kind of pick Devaney might get in the 2nd round. I mean I'm just wondering how many of us in the clan were expecting to draft Rodger Saffold with the 33rd overall pick.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I meant that you only have 2 3rd round picks on your mock. Wouldn't our 3rd round pick give us 3 picks in that round instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    I meant that you only have 2 3rd round picks on your mock. Wouldn't our 3rd round pick give us 3 picks in that round instead of 2.
    Oh gheez, I knew something was wrong. I guess I will add another player and make this mock just that much better! Thanks brother!

EDIT: Its now updated and there is another pick.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -01-24-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's similar to your last mock, which was pretty good. Free agency looks good, draft looks fairly good. Not sure about Devine's value in the third, and I'm still not a Will Hill fan due to character concerns, but other than that, good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's similar to your last mock, which was pretty good. Free agency looks good, draft looks fairly good. Not sure about Devine's value in the third, and I'm still not a Will Hill fan due to character concerns, but other than that, good work.
    Thanks Nick. I know Hill has some concerns but we have to take a chance sometimes. I mean, instead of going for Mike Williams we went with Mardy Gilyard. I mean if Hill doesn't pan out, then so be it. We lost a 3rd in the process, but if he does we could have a pro bowler on our hands.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Thanks Nick. I know Hill has some concerns but we have to take a chance sometimes. I mean, instead of going for Mike Williams we went with Mardy Gilyard. I mean if Hill doesn't pan out, then so be it. We lost a 3rd in the process, but if he does we could have a pro bowler on our hands.
    Hill came in as a very heralded prospect to Florida and showed flashes of ability as a freshman, but never put it together mentally. He admits he was lazy and took plays off as a sophomore who couldn't break into the starting line-up. He finally started this season and had minimal impact for the Gators.

I have no problem giving a guy a second chance if he made a mistake or has demonstrated that he's growing up, but my impression is that doesn't describe Hill. Try to find some of the things that appeared on his Twitter feed at one point. As a WVU fan, it almost reminds me of Pacman Jones.

I just don't see Hill becoming a Pro Bowl player when he struggled to make an impact in college. He strikes me as the exact opposite player that the Spags/Devaney combo is looking for, from a personality standpoint.

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Devine will fall he isn't having a good showing at the Senior bowl. A very frail lower half means I'm not interested.