sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sosa's Mock Draft v2

Well, since Mr. Luck decided to go back to school, it kind of totally ruined my mock aha. I guess I will make a quick new one and see what you guys think.

Free Agency:

Carl Nicks, OG, Saints: This guy is a mauler and a good one at that. We seriously need to upgrade the guard position because Adam Goldberg needs to get on the bench. Jacob Bell hasn't been great either. This a huge need in the offseason. We need to get somebody capable of opening holes.

Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Giants: Spags loves to bring in players that hes already coached and this is one of them. This guy is a good pass rusher and has a nice upside. He can also play OLB but I prefer him with his hand in the ground. Will probably not be re-signed since the Giants have several DE's.

Barry Cofield, DT, Giants: Like above Spags will bring in Cofield and pair him with Robbins. This duo will be revived and should be a very good front. Cofield is a good player and makes plays in the backfield.

Key Re-Signings:

Clifton Ryan, DT: He was a good player although a little inconsistent last year. Did pretty good early this year but then was placed on IR. Would love to have him in a rotation.

Mark Clayton, WR: This guy did nothing but make plays while with us. Was our best receiver until he went down. A veteran who can help the young guys and has good timing with Sam Bradford.

Danny Amendola, WR: This kid has been nothing but outstanding for us this year. No questions asked we need to lock him up.

Draft:

1.14 - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama: I am extremely dissapointed that we wont get A.J Green but this is a sweet consolation prize. Big physical strong receiver, with good speed and probably the best blocking WR in the draft. Some inconsistency with hands although we should be able to take care of that.

2.14 - Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: A very hard working player who is very dedicated to the game. Just the type of player Spags would love to work with. 6'2, 244, which isn't bad size. He did a great job this season in stopping the run and playing the pass. His potential is very high.

3.14 - Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia: Drew comparisons to Dexter McCluster. He is great in the open field, is quick and is the perfect complement to Steven Jackson. Change of pace is what were getting here.

4.14 - Mark Barron, S, Alabama: Could groom this guy into being the starting SS. Playing alongside O.J Atogwe. Has tremendous upside. Quick player and a hard hitting safety. Some problems taking angles. (This is if he declares)

5.14 - Will Rackley, OG/OT, Lehigh: Possible replacement for Jacob Bell if groomed properly over time. Good depth.

Very very similar to my last mock, just wanted to update it a bit since the "Luck effect" .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Sosa's Mock Draft v2

I keep seeing Carl Nicks in mock drafts. He only has three seasons in the league, so unless the new CBA changes the rules for free agency, he's going to be a restricted free agent and in all likelihood tendered by the Saints.

EDIT: It was rude to not provide you more feedback than that, so let me elaborate on the rest of the mock

-I like the Kiwanuka signing. He has a connection to the coaching staff and he'd represent another young defensive end on this roster who is capable of starting. I think he should be one of the Rams' free agent targets this offseason.

-Barry Cofield would be a good addition, but both he and Kiwanuka are probably going to ask for some decent money as free agents. I'm not sure the Rams are going to be able to land both, or if the Giants will be able to let both go. On the flip side, while I do like Cofield, it would also be nice to see the Rams look outside of players they're already familiar with to find talent.

-Agree with the resignings.

-Jones in the first is fine. Do you think Blackmon is off the board by that point? Do you prefer Jones to Blackmon?

-I think Mason Foster might be a little bit of a reach in the mid second round, but maybe by April his stock is up. I think he brings a lot to the table as a prospect, but I wonder if there might be better players available at that point. Would love him as a third rounder, though.

-Oh, Noel Devine. He certainly is a great open field player and has the acceleration to take it to the house, but I think he's going to need some significant coaching at the next level to help him become more of a north-south runner. Still, as a third round change of pace back, can't argue that much.

-Like the Barron pick. Not much else to say there, we clearly need some help at SS where Butler appears to have lost his job and Dahl can't seem to figure out if he's good or not.

-Rackley is an intriguing pick in the later rounds. He's certainly stood out at Lehigh, earning All-America, First Team All-Patriot League, and Honor Roll honors. Fine pick for the later rounds to see if he can take his game to the next level.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-07-2011 at 12:38 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Walterfootball influenced I can tell by picks 2-5. Good draft but thats alotta dough being spent in FA.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I keep seeing Carl Nicks in mock drafts. He only has three seasons in the league, so unless the new CBA changes the rules for free agency, he's going to be a restricted free agent and in all likelihood tendered by the Saints.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Also, what are the odds of both Cofield and Kiwanuka being let go by the d-line hungry Giants?

Lastly, what do you think of Greg Jones in the 2nd round? Fellow has been nothing but solid production since his freshman year with great intangibles. He may need to bulk up, and he's already projected to the weakside.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I doubt we get Nicks, even if the CBA format changes. On that note though Sosa.
    OG should be the first thing the Rams look at with regards of improving the team, like you pointed to.
    Better run blocking will take huge pressure of Bradford and the recievers.
    Spags insisted he would build this team from the lines out, so we will see if he keeps his word.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

OG is a huge need this offseason. Same as WR. We absolutely need to get 1 of both. Doesn't matter how (trade, FA, Draft) just as long as there talented players that will fill the positions and play good football.