• 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!

CLICK ON IMAGES TO MAKE THEM LARGER!

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!-justin-blackmon-icon.jpg
    Round 1 Pick #6:

Justin Blackmon, WR, OKST: Blackmon is a solid WR and is the consensus #1 WR available. He runs solid routes, has decent size, and great hands. He's a good character off the field and will finally provide Sam Bradford with a valuable weapon. Blackmon's transition to the NFL will be smooth, he's pro-ready.

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!-27-oct-10_102166417jd101_michigan_sta_crop_450x500.jpg
    Round 2 Pick #33:

Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State: Worthy I believe is the type of player that Fisher can work absolute wonders with. He's good at both run stopping and hes an effective pass rusher. He also made many reads and lined up guys in college, which goes to show his intelligence for the game. He and Langford will collpase the pocket extremely well especially with Long and Quinn on the edges.

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!-136381582_crop_650x440.jpg
    Round 2 Pick #39:

David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech: Wilson is one of the most explosive runners in the draft. He can hit the home run, and he can pound away in between the tackles. He averaged 5.9 YPC last year and had 1,709 yards. His only issue is putting the ball on the ground, which can be fixed. Wilson is the PERFECT back up to SJAX, and eventual replacement. He offers something we lack, speed and explosiveness.

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!-833536.jpg
    Round 3 Pick #65:

Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (Oh): Brooks is absolutely massive at 6'5 and 343 lbs. He is the perfect compliment to Harvey Dahl and Scott Wells. Wells is a bit undersized so having this huge road mauler beside him will help. Brooks is a solid run blocker but needs some technique help at pass pro. But I feel he has the skill set to be a top 5 OG in the next few years.

Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!-chi_u_jenkins_300.jpg
    Round 4 Pick #96:

A.J Jenkins, WR, Illinois: Jenkins isn't particularly amazing at anything, but doesn't show many weaknesses either. He has A LOT of Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt in him. He's 6'0, 190 lbs, ran a 4.39 at the combine, and had 90 receptions, 1,276 yards, and 8 TD's last year. Jenkins is probably the best route runner in the draft and can make an immediate impact with Blackmon both being pro-ready prospects. Jenkins is a MAJOR sleeper.

Round 6 Pick #171:

Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky: Trevathan is another major sleeper in the draft. Last year he had 143 tackles, 3 sacks, and 4 INT's. His production was unbelievable. The only reason he's slated to drop so far was probably because of size, he's 6'1, 232 lbs which isn't really that small. To have a tackling machine like that beside James Laurinaitis and Jo-Lonn Dunbar can only be scary. We finally have a strong LB corps!

Round 7 Pick #203:

Brian Stahovich, P, San Diego State: Stahovich is you're average punter. Considering the demise of Donnie Jones we need a new Punter and we find one here. Last year he averaged 43.8 yards per punt which is actually pretty nice.

Round 7 Pick #Unknown:

Josh Oglesby, OT, Wisconsin: Oglesby like Brooks is absolutely massive at 6'7, 338 lbs. At times the RT was dominant, and others not so much. He's been inconsistent. His combine showing was poor (Ran slow, Bench reps were low) but he's got potential. Considering Fisher's offensive lineman history I think he could make the best of Oglesby as a possible replacement to Jason Smith or at least depth.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -04-18-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Sosa's Pre-Draft Mock Draft!

Worst Mock Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

I give it a 9/10.

Would have no problem if the draft worked out this way. I'd actually love it if it worked out this way.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -04-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I would be ecstatic if that was the real Rams draft, but there is zero chance AJ Jenkins is there in the 4th. At this point its a stretch if he makes it out of the second round.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I've been hearing that David Wilson is being considered as a late first round pick too

Would be great though

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I love this draft.

A.J. Jenkins in 3rd.
    I heard Brian Billick talk about only drafting O-linemen with long arms. He gave several reasons why you look for O-linemen with long arms. I like the Branden Brooks pick, but changed my mind in wanting Rams to draft him because of his short arms.

I have to change my mock and delete Branden Brooks out of it. How about a OT/G Tom Compton from South Dakota in the fourth. Almost like my draft.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

When I saw your thread title, I had the thought "maybe I'll do a post-draft mock!"

I agree with those who say Jenkins in Round 4 may be wishful thinking. I also would not take a "change of pace" back like Wilson (or LaMichael James) in Round 2. Round 3, maybe.

Certainly have no beef with your first two choices, or your late round guys.
    Nick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    When I saw your thread title, I had the thought "maybe I'll do a post-draft mock!"

I agree with those who say Jenkins in Round 4 may be wishful thinking. I also would not take a "change of pace" back like Wilson (or LaMichael James) in Round 2. Round 3, maybe.

Certainly have no beef with your first two choices, or your late round guys.
    Perhaps. I really like A.J Jenkins. I'd heavily consider taking him in Round 3 as well, but then Brandon Washington rather than Brooks in Round 4. Brian Quick had the same hype. It seems forever he was slated to go in the 4th and lately became a 2nd rounder, so I guess we'll see what happens.
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

richtree is offline Registered User

A.J Jenkins will not last to Round 4 -- lol -- we both like him more and more each day, I can't see him getting out of Round 2 even.......

A steal if Rams get Jenkins at the top of Round 3 but I think they may "reach" at #39

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    A.J Jenkins will not last to Round 4 -- lol -- we both like him more and more each day, I can't see him getting out of Round 2 even.......

A steal if Rams get Jenkins at the top of Round 3 but I think they may "reach" at #39
    There is lots to like. At this point the only 2 WR's I'd touch in Round 1 are: Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd, and in Round 2: A.J Jenkins, Rueben Randle... Maybe Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffery, but I prefer the first 2.

THE DREAM TEAM

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Perhaps. I really like A.J Jenkins. I'd heavily consider taking him in Round 3 as well, but then Brandon Washington rather than Brooks in Round 4. Brian Quick had the same hype. It seems forever he was slated to go in the 4th and lately became a 2nd rounder, so I guess we'll see what happens.
    Ya I love Brian Quick... been loooking him up recently and have been impressed so far.. he isn't first round material obviously but think with route running help he can be a great #2!