Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater

Thread: Sosa's Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Sosa's Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: He is one of the best prospects to come out in a while. The Colts look like their going to part ways with Manning and need a franchise QB.

2. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon, WR, OKST: Sam Bradford needs weapons to play with. Grabbing the best WR in the draft isn't a bad start at all.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC: One of the best OT prospects since Joe Thomas and Jake Long. He has the tools to be elite and will protect their franchise QB which they already have in Ponder.

4. Cleveland Browns, QB, Robert Griffin III, Baylor: The most dynamic QB I've seen in a long time! This man has all the tools to become a top 5 QB in the NFL, and the Browns will turn things around with an amazing QB.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU: Claiborne is an excellent CB prospect and is comparable to former teammate Patrick Peterson. He can be a shut down corner for the Bucs who lack CB's due to Barber's age and Talib's off the field issues.

6. Washington Redskins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M: Not a great prospect in my opinion but the Redskins are desperate and cannot go through another season with Grossman and Beck as starting QB's.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC: The teammate of Robert Quinn is another good prospect. Doesn't have an elite first step, but he can get to the QB using his several moves.

8. Miami Dolphins: Jonathon Martin, OT, Stanford: The Dolphins must be prepared to roll without Jake Long if he cannot come back week 1, and Marc Colombo should never see the field. Ever.

9. Carolina Panthers: Dre' Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama: A CB whos 6'4 will garner tons of interest. He is a good prospect and will help out a porous secondary allowing Captain Munnerlyn to move back to nickel.

10. Buffalo Bills: Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama: Just another Alabama product. I think Upshaw will be the steal of the draft. He is a powerful, monstrous pass rusher.

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Devon Still, DE, Penn State: The Chiefs missed on both Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey. They need serious help on the defensive line.

12. Seattle Seahawks: Luke Keachly, MLB, Boston College: A great LB prospect will help hold down the Seahawks Mike LB position allowing Hawthorne to move back to OLB, essentially improving 2 positions.

13. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa: The Cardinals have the worst OT's in the NFL. They are absolutely terrible. This is an absolutely huge upgrade with a great prospect, possibly the best OT in the draft.

14. Dallas Cowboys: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama: Jenkins is a great CB and has nice hip movements and a nack for getting the ball. If it wasn't for off the field issues, he'd be an even better prospect.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor: Whats the best option to replace DeSean Jackson with? A player thats identical too him. This is insurance on whether Jackson leaves, making him expendable.

16. New York Jets: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio: The Jets RT Wayne Hunter was beyond bad this past year. They need to protect their franchise QB and a talented OT like Adams is a great place to start.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama: The best RB prospect since AP, will go to the Bengals here. Benson is an FA and is overrated. Richardson adds to more offensive firepower and gives them a young attack (Gresham, Dalton, Green, Richardson)

18. San Diego Chargers: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame: With Vincent Jackson hitting the FA market, the Chargers need to replace him with a talented player. Floyd will succeed in the NFL and can be a very dangerous weapon for Rivers.

19. Chicago Bears: David DeCastro, OG, Stanford: The Bears offensive line has been a makeshift line for a while. They continue to fix it and DeCastro debatebly the best interior lineman in the draft is not a bad place to start.

20. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin: This allows Eugene Amano to move back to OG. The Titans have been missing a true C for a while, and get the best C in the draft with Konz.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Vontaze Burfict, OLB, Arizona State: The hard hitting punishing LB goes to the Bengals here. Manny Lawson may be gone and they replace him with a monster. Now they have 2 very hard hitting LB's.

22. Cleveland Browns: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina: A huge WR at 6'4 falls to the Browns. They add young weapons for their new franchise QB. Pairing Jeffery with Greg Little would be nice.

23. Detroit Lions: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina: The Lions main area of weakness would be their secondary. They add a good CB in Gilmore and continue to improve their secondary.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama: The replacement to James Farrior Hightower would add just another amazing LB to the Steelers LB corps.

25. Denver Broncos: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU: Brockers has amazing value at this spot. The Broncos need someone to provide a pass rush next to Bunkley and Brockers fits there perfectly.

26. Houston Texans: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers: For many years the Texans have needed a WR opposite of Andre Johnson. Sanu will solidify that offense and make another weapon for Schaub.

27. New England Patriots: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina: The Patriots need a better pass rush and Ingram helps a ton here. Belicheck will bring the best out of him.

28. Green Bay Packers: Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois: The Packers need a pass rusher opposite of Clay Mathews and Mercilus will provide just that. The Packers defense gets a lot better with this addition.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia: I believe they take the impressive Glenn here because this makes Ben Grubbs expendable. Glenn will provide great space and push for Ray Rice.

30. San Francisco Whiners: Reuben Randle, WR, LSU: Randle brings a much needed playmaker at the WR position for the Whiners. Crabtree is a bust and Kyle Williams doesn't provide much of a threat. Not to mention Josh Morgan is on IR.

31. New England Patriots: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama: Put Barron back there beside Pat Chung and you have a solid hard hitting duo. Especially if it gets James Ihedigbo off the field.

32. New York Giants: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson: I think this is spectacular value here. Jake Ballard is ok but they need a real threat at TE. Allen provides just that.

Thanks for reading!! I'll have a new one after the Senior Bowl!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Sosa's Pre-Senior Bowl Mock Draft

I dont think Tannehill will go near that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I dont think Tannehill will go near that high.
    I wouldn't think so either, but who thought Ponder and Locker would have went where they did? Its a QB thirsty league..

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I wouldn't think so either, but who thought Ponder and Locker would have went where they did? Its a QB thirsty league..
    Ponder and Locker were better prospects than Tannehill.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Locker was not a reach if u remember he coodve been the top pick for the Rams in 2010...yes he has a down year but he showed he still has his skills at the combine and pro days

ponder was a high draft pik cuz of the lockout......

am i the only one that thinks both Michael Brockers and Andre Branch are undoubtably top 20 picks???

Branch has the size to play 4-3 end and also did a good job when asked to zone cover...he lead his team in solo tackles from the DE position he did not start much because Dquan Bowers was at clemson but last year a full time starter he showed he is a legit threat.

Brockers has tremendous upside...he can take on double teams he can sure up anyone's run D...he also has a very good bull rush

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

True, but i think if the Skins lose out on RG3 and still wanted a QB they could drop down to the 2nd half of the 1st and pick him up. Snyder is crazy though, so it could happen at #6.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Ponder and Locker were better prospects than Tannehill.
    I didn't say they weren't, but Im predicting this for the near future. I think he will be a riser, though the Redskins would be smart to go after Manning if available.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think you make a solid point, but I wouldn't use Locker as an example for it since he was a contender to go first overall during the fall of 2010. Thus, the idea of him going high wasn't far-fetched.

FWIW, Gil Brandt also thinks Tannehill is a Top Ten prospect, but I personally don't see how a team takes him there since he's likely not going to have many opportunities to work out for teams this offseason due to his foot injury.

The rest of the mock looks solid. I think you've sold Dorsey & Jackson short in Kansas City. They're among Pro Football Focus' top-ranked 3-4 defensive ends against the run, but they're awful against the pass, so it's kind of a mixed bag. I don't know that that's enough to warrant another first round pick at the position.

If I'm the Jets and Richardson is sitting on the board when it's my turn to pick, I'm taking him. Tomlinson is scheduled for free agency, and Greene has yet to emerge as the bell cow rusher New York has hoped he'd become. The value IMO clearly favors Richardson over Adams there at that point as well.

Given the way the board fell, I thought you really nailed picks for Arizona, Cleveland, Denver, and New England.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Given the way the board fell, I thought you really nailed picks for Arizona, Cleveland, Denver, and New England.
    In Cleveland's case, let's hope not, for obvious reasons.
    Nick likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I didn't say they weren't, but Im predicting this for the near future. I think he will be a riser, though the Redskins would be smart to go after Manning if available.
    The comparison lacks much substance because Ponder was a 1st Round-2nd Round prospect, and Locker was a Top 5-1st Round prospect.

Tannehill on the other hand, has never been a 1st round prospect, and he's been graded as low as the 4th round.

Picking Tannehill 6th overall would be the dumbest thing ever, and that's coming from an Aggie.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The comparison lacks much substance because Ponder was a 1st Round-2nd Round prospect, and Locker was a Top 5-1st Round prospect.

Tannehill on the other hand, has never been a 1st round prospect, and he's been graded as low as the 4th round.

Picking Tannehill 6th overall would be the dumbest thing ever, and that's coming from an Aggie.
    Its true but I do honestly believe there will be a riser QB, whether its Tannehill, Weeden, Foles, or whoever. I only see 2 QB's in this draft that are worth any pick in the first round.

npow81 is offline Registered User

I know Burfict is talented, but people ought to start removing them from their first round mocks--after watching him in the Vegas Bowl, unless he does one fine job of convincing teams he's not the head case he clearly is, he's going to fall, in a major way