Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

  1. #16
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    i like phillip thomas, ball hawk, hits good and wraps well

    as for cyperien....eh, he's alright

    swearinger, i like what he CAN do, but a his tapes from that site make him look non-existent


  2. #17
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i like phillip thomas, ball hawk, hits good and wraps well

    as for cyperien....eh, he's alright

    swearinger, i like what he CAN do, but a his tapes from that site make him look non-existent
    Cyprien reminds me of Dashon Goldson, except I think he's better in coverage than Goldson.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  3. #18
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Cyprien reminds me of Dashon Goldson, except I think he's better in coverage than Goldson.
    i think he's good....just, idk, just didn't do anything to really "wow" me i guess, what'd i miss exactly?

  4. #19
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i think he's good....just, idk, just didn't do anything to really "wow" me i guess, what'd i miss exactly?
    Well to me I see a pretty complete prospect. The guy can line up at SS or FS. He can come to the LOS and be used as a blitzer. He can knock your lights out. He can cover. He's got good size and enough speed.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  5. #20
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,952
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Well to me I see a pretty complete prospect. The guy can line up at SS or FS. He can come to the LOS and be used as a blitzer. He can knock your lights out. He can cover. He's got good size and enough speed.
    Here's the problem... You're watching FIU game tape. Against that level of competition, he should dominate if he's an NFL prospect. Will that translate to Sundays? We'll see.

  6. #21
    Randart's Avatar
    Randart is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    First off nice job on the evaluations sosa! I really appreciate your efforts as seems the board members here do as well. As someone mentioned I do value Eric Reid very highly in this class of talented safties.
    And he is my fave but the most intriguing thing about this class to me is Eric and his former team mate the Honey Badger. I think together they would make a very dynamic duo on the back end for years to come. Having played together and knowing each others tendancies and strengths already. With Eric as the last line of defense on tackling and Tyrann with his madd ball skills making plays it could be truly a magical combo of pics...
    Last edited by Randart; -03-10-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    sosa39rams likes this.

  7. #22
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yeah, I believe the Senior Bowl did start the buzz. Once evaluators seen what they liked, they wen't back and probably watched loads of tape.

    I either download games from torrents or pirate bay, or even easier :

    Videos | Draft Breakdown
    Nice work although I do not agree with your thoughts on Kenny Vaccaro. He maybe a little over rated but remains the best prospect out of the group.

    Out of curiosity the game tapes you watched are they the same ones you watched when you were convince that Jimmy Clausen was more NFL ready than Sam Bradford?
    Last edited by HUbison; -03-10-2013 at 01:07 PM.

  8. #23
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    4. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas: I think Vaccaro is overrated due to his potential. Versatility is going to be the reason he is severely over-drafted. He lines up at slot CB very often. He does have good range. He misses too many tackles and often takes bad angles. I think he can make a good roaming S because of the ability to cover slot receivers and tight ends. He will effectively roam, locate the ball, and make a play on it. Gets bullied when he gets blocked.
    Very nice job of evaluating prospects

    I probably havnt watched as much film as you but I still think your undervaluing Vaccaro...Versatility is probably the most important aspect in a safety...Also in the NFL nowadays games are being won and lost in the middle of field with slot receivers and TEs so every defense needs that guy that can cover these types of players

    Vaccaro is not the type of guy that will standout during film study he is not that hard hitter or the ball hawk type he is the type that does everything right and his ability in coverage will allow our team to blitz with Dunbar as opposed drop him back in coverage

    Cyprien still scares me as a 1st rounder the level of competition he faced as opposed to the level the other safeties have faced...I just think its going to take some time for him to good and we need a starting safety now I dont want to go through another Dahl season

  9. #24
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Nice work although I do not agree with your thoughts on Kenny Vaccaro. He maybe a little over rated but remains the best prospect out of the group.

    Out of curiosity the game tapes you watched are they the same ones you watched when you were convince that Jimmy Clausen was more NFL ready than Sam Bradford?
    He was more "pro-ready" than Sam Bradford, that doesn't mean he's better..

    I said this in 2010:

    " If this upcoming draft of QB's was in the same draft as last years what would be the order?

    Would we have taken Locker because of Sam's shoulder? Is Locker better than Clausen?

    1. Bradford
    2. Locker
    3. Mallet
    4. Clausen..

    Is that correct? What about Terrelle Pryor?

    Thanks Guys! "

    and:

    "
    Clausen only looks good because of Golden Tate. I watch highlights, and so many of his passes are off, luckily Tate is a beast and fights for them whilst in the air.

    Bradford has everything above Clausen except "pro ready" which I assume is more playing under center. "


    THE DREAM TEAM

  10. #25
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,538
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Very nice job of evaluating prospects

    I probably havnt watched as much film as you but I still think your undervaluing Vaccaro...Versatility is probably the most important aspect in a safety...Also in the NFL nowadays games are being won and lost in the middle of field with slot receivers and TEs so every defense needs that guy that can cover these types of players

    Vaccaro is not the type of guy that will standout during film study he is not that hard hitter or the ball hawk type he is the type that does everything right and his ability in coverage will allow our team to blitz with Dunbar as opposed drop him back in coverage

    Cyprien still scares me as a 1st rounder the level of competition he faced as opposed to the level the other safeties have faced...I just think its going to take some time for him to good and we need a starting safety now I dont want to go through another Dahl season
    I think once Vaccaro is fully aloud to play FS he will be much better. He does have the ability to cover TE's very effectively though.

    But I disagree with the versatility is key in Safeties. About 95% of Safeties in the NFL strictly stick to S. The reason they are safeties is because they are considered to be too slow for CB, but too small for LB.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  11. #26
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yeah, I believe the Senior Bowl did start the buzz. Once evaluators seen what they liked, they wen't back and probably watched loads of tape.

    I either download games from torrents or pirate bay, or even easier :

    Videos | Draft Breakdown


    Great sight which has a lot of tape.
    Thanks sosa. I'll use this site over the next month.
    sosa39rams and ZiaRam like this.

  12. #27
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Nice work although I do not agree with your thoughts on Kenny Vaccaro. He maybe a little over rated but remains the best prospect out of the group.



    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Very nice job of evaluating prospects

    I probably havnt watched as much film as you but I still think your undervaluing Vaccaro...Versatility is probably the most important aspect in a safety...Also in the NFL nowadays games are being won and lost in the middle of field with slot receivers and TEs so every defense needs that guy that can cover these types of players

    Vaccaro is not the type of guy that will standout during film study he is not that hard hitter or the ball hawk type he is the type that does everything right and his ability in coverage will allow our team to blitz with Dunbar as opposed drop him back in coverage
    As I've posted before watch this tape. it's classic Vaccaro. Yes there are a few games where he played a bit better but Vaccaro is not that great of a tackler, is so so in coverage, and more of a wimpy arm tackler. Meh... give me a Rambo any day and especially twice on Sundays.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -03-10-2013 at 02:27 PM.

  13. #28
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Great job Sosa. good breakdown.

    How do you all feel about double dipping at the safety position? Im not saying get rid of Mikkell, and if we did id like to sign a veteran, but i personally like the idea of double dipping for the future.


  14. #29
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,806
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    I feel Kenny Vaccaro is a prime example of the dissonance between NFL draft fans and NFL draft analysts and journalists.

    As of mid to late February, Mike Mayock believes Vaccaro'll be a Top 15 selection. Russ Lande said he could be a Top Five pick to a team like Detroit. A January poll of NFL scouts showed a consensus that Vaccaro is the top safety in this class. Of the four most recent mock drafts on NFL.com, Vaccaro is off the board no later than 17th overall.

    And yet some of the comments and responses here make it sound like the guy is a mid round talent at best. Poor tackler, so so in coverage, offers nothing in the run game. Geez, why would anyone ever draft this guy to begin with?!

    It really makes you wonder what they're seeing that some fans aren't.

  15. #30
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Sosa's Top Safety Prospects!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think once Vaccaro is fully aloud to play FS he will be much better. He does have the ability to cover TE's very effectively though.

    But I disagree with the versatility is key in Safeties. About 95% of Safeties in the NFL strictly stick to S. The reason they are safeties is because they are considered to be too slow for CB, but too small for LB.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree I dont think a safety is "safety" because they fail at a different position...I think they are a safety because the versatility they show of being able to cover the inside guys when your coach wants to apply pressure by blitzing and then be able to prevent the BIG plays

    Also that video that was shown did in fact show him not make a couple tackles but it also showed him make a 3rd n goal stop, also he sealed off the outside on some run plays and recovered to stop a TD, and he did a good job overall in coverage...I just feel like he is the best draft safety for our team because it allows to blitz with our LBs with Vaccaro covering the TE or Slot and then on pure passing downs this kid can play center field....Maybe he is not the best in run support but he will not be a liability in coverage
    sosa39rams likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sosa's MOCK.
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
  2. Sosa's Draft v 3.0
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-17-2011, 06:01 AM
  3. Sosa's Mock Draft v2
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
  4. Sosa's Mock Draft
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -01-07-2011, 12:40 AM
  5. SOSA's MOCK DRAFT v3.0!!!!
    By sosa39rams in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -03-11-2010, 10:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •