Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sound Strategy? - Rams move up to pick Austin & Patterson

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Sound Strategy? - Rams move up to pick Austin & Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I agree with our General Counsel.

Patterson may do very little in 2013.
    I have really high hopes for Givens. In 2013 I project 60 catches, 875 yards and 6 TDs.
    Quick is the question mark but honestly he had a redshirt season, we'll see what he does in July.

Last year he really did not get going until the fourth game and he was suspended for one game. That being said I look at his numbers in 12 games he put up, 698 yards and 3 TDs. With a year under his belt and starting day one I hope he can put up 1000 yards and 8 TDs in 16 games.

Maybe I'm nuts but I think that's doable.
    lostsoul likes this.

viper is online now Registered User

Re: Sound Strategy? - Rams move up to pick Austin & Patterson

Well, I wasn't too far off of the mark. Apparently, Fisher and Snead didn't think Austin would make it past the Jets. So, they pulled the trigger and traded up to get him at no. 8. While I would have liked to have had that second round pick as much as anyone, I do think that it is critical that we energize this offense with some legitimate play makers. I tend to be a risk taker, sometimes to my own detriment, but in this case I think it was a risk worth taking. We absolutely need to breathe some life into this offense and I think this pick will go a long way towards doing that.

I think Austin will play mostly in the slot, taking over Amendola's position. That will put him on the field most of the time. You have to admit he has more juice than Amendola. I've heard people saying that, "Jared Cook is going to play in the slot...how is that going to work?" How about we let Jared Cook play, I don't know, in the tight end position. Heck, maybe he'd make a good outside receiver.

I thought it was interesting that we could have selected Patterson at no. 22 and we chose to pass. The FO probably thought he was too raw and didn't want to have to wait a year for him to get up to speed, like we did with Quick. They want to be competitive now.

A good draft so far. I can't wait to see what happens today!

Go Rams!!!
    Last edited by viper; -04-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12