Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Speaking of Janoris...

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Speaking of Janoris...

... If we can get a steal at 39 last year and make it work, where do you guys fall with Tyrann Mathieu?

If we spend our third there, I'd be happy.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Speaking of Janoris...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post
    ... If we can get a steal at 39 last year and make it work, where do you guys fall with Tyrann Mathieu?

If we spend our third there, I'd be happy.
    Umm....guess you haven't heard. Mr. "Honey Badger" just got popped with a mess of marijuana at his apartment. Apparently this idjit hasn't learned a thing about the concept of growing up and acting like an adult.

I'll pass on this loser, thank you very much.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Ex-LSU star Tyrann Mathieu out of jail
    Updated: October 26, 2012, 5:04 PM ET
    Associated Press

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Former LSU football standouts Tyrann Mathieu and Jordan Jefferson were released from a Baton Rouge jail Friday after their arrests at Mathieu's apartment on marijuana charges.

Mathieu, who was a one-time Heisman Trophy finalist, played cornerback until he was dismissed from the team in August after reportedly failing a drug test. Quarterback Jefferson has been playing in the Canadian Football League.

They were released along with Derrick Bryant, a former backup safety. A fourth former player arrested in the case, Karnell Hatcher, remained in jail.

Police said Mathieu, 20, of New Orleans, and Jefferson, 22, of St. Rose, La., were booked Thursday at the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on charges of simple possession of marijuana.

Hatcher, 22, of Delray Beach, Fla., was booked with second-offense simple possession of marijuana. Bryant, 22, of Lawrenceville, Ga., was booked with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.

Jefferson's attorney stressed Thursday that "all individuals are presumed innocent" and said he planned to examine the facts of the case.

Baton Rouge police said the arrests came Thursday after officers responded to a complaint about a man attempting to force his way through a security gate at the apartment complex where Mathieu lives. Before officers arrived, a resident let the man, later identified as Jefferson, into the complex and he was seen going into an apartment.

Police said Mathieu answered the door and officers obtained permission to search after smelling marijuana, leading to the arrests.

Officers found a marijuana grinder, digital scale and 10 bags of high grade marijuana, police said in a news release.

None of those arrested have commented publicly on the case. Neither Mathieu nor Bryant had a listed Baton Rouge area phone number.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

richtree is offline Registered User

yeah, he is a no, no, no...

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Nextttttttttt

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Speaking of Janoris...

Must of been a lot of weed. If he went to USC there would be dispensaries every other corner and he could have his "215" card aka medicinal marijuana card. Crazy how in area of the US marijuana is frowned upon and here in Cali it's an afterthought.

I'll admit he is stupid, but who didn't say that about our starting cb at the beginning of the year? How has that played out? Some team WILL take a chance on the guy if he can stay out of the spotlight moving forward. No one can deny his skill set especially in the return game. I think he would be a steal for us considering the leadership we have. I think it would help that we have j jenks to show that people can redeem themselves. I'm just fueling the fire.

Rambos is offline Registered User

He was going to be a third Rd pick, someone will take a shot at him in the 4th or 5th. Not much risk in that. That being said we don't need a CB thank God.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'll admit he is stupid, but who didn't say that about our starting cb at the beginning of the year? How has that played out? Some team WILL take a chance on the guy if he can stay out of the spotlight moving forward. No one can deny his skill set especially in the return game. I think he would be a steal for us considering the leadership we have. I think it would help that we have j jenks to show that people can redeem themselves. I'm just fueling the fire.
    What leadership? Were the youngest team in the NFL and are on the brink of losing the heart and soul of our team.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    What leadership? Were the youngest team in the NFL and are on the brink of losing the heart and soul of our team.
    Jeff Fisher and Cortland Finnegan and the rest of the coaching staff. They have experience with guys like Tyrann. I also think someone like Jenkins could help him stay in control (or it could spin them both out of control [knockin on my head]). I just see the reward outweighing the risk even after his mistake last week. That could change moving forward but I think he's a GREAT football player anyway you look at it.

Even if we don't "need" a CB, we need a good return man and we need depth at CB. I believe he would come in behind Janoris. The character problems at hand here would not break the team.

I want someone to try and argue his skill and draft position. 1st round. So if we move on him in the third or fourth, great pickup. Think about our secondary if we pick up Reed with our second first rounder and the honey badger in the 3rd or 4th. Brockers up front... it would be an LSU reunion.
    Last edited by Ramhearder; -10-27-2012 at 06:17 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher and Cortland Finnegan and the rest of the coaching staff. They have experience with guys like Tyrann. I also think someone like Jenkins could help him stay in control (or it could spin them both out of control [knockin on my head]). I just see the reward outweighing the risk even after his mistake last week. That could change moving forward but I think he's a GREAT football player anyway you look at it.

Even if we don't "need" a CB, we need a good return man and we need depth at CB. I believe he would come in behind Janoris. The character problems at hand here would not break the team.

I want someone to try and argue his skill and draft position. 1st round. So if we move on him in the third or fourth, great pickup. Think about our secondary if we pick up Reed with our second first rounder and the honey badger in the 3rd or 4th. Brockers up front... it would be an LSU reunion.
    Mathieu is going to a rehab program, and going to try to re-enroll next year at LSU (that was his original plan) but after what happened last week I'm not sure what will go down.

I don't like Mathieu though. He's a dirty player. After I seen what he did to Dre' Kirkpatrick last year when LSU met Alabama the first time I thought he was a piece of ..... I'd never want a scumbag like that on my team. At least Janoris was 100% clean on the field, and was deadly skillful. Mathieu does have skill, but he's a punk. PASS.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Mathieu is going to a rehab program, and going to try to re-enroll next year at LSU (that was his original plan) but after what happened last week I'm not sure what will go down.

I don't like Mathieu though. He's a dirty player. After I seen what he did to Dre' Kirkpatrick last year when LSU met Alabama the first time I thought he was a piece of ..... I'd never want a scumbag like that on my team. At least Janoris was 100% clean on the field, and was deadly skillful. Mathieu does have skill, but he's a punk. PASS.
    I can respect that. I wasn't aware of that. We'll have to see what happens. I just figured some people here at ClanRam would have some opinions on the matter.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I would like to take the risk with a 3rd or 4th rounder. Bradley Fletcher is not that good and will ask more money than Mathieu. He can be our 3rd or 4th corner, and punt returner, we don't need to play Danny Amendola or Janoris Jenkins on PR. He is a good tackler and playmaker and can play on every ST. The kid made mistake (like a lot of kid), he is out of football this year and made another one, with football back in this life he could stay clean maybe. He is a heck of a football player and that is what I want on this team,
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams have Finnegan, Jenkins, and Johnson as their top three corners. I don't see the logic in spending a third or fourth round pick on a dime 'back, let alone one with significant red flags for drugs. There are still too many other legitimate needs on this team - RB, WR, OT, OG, OLB, S - where the Rams could use quality starters or situational players who are more likely to get on the field than a #4 cornerback.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Rams have Finnegan, Jenkins, and Johnson as their top three corners. I don't see the logic in spending a third or fourth round pick on a dime 'back, let alone one with significant red flags for drugs. There are still too many other legitimate needs on this team - RB, WR, OT, OG, OLB, S - where the Rams could use quality starters or situational players who are more likely to get on the field than a #4 cornerback.
    I wouldnt spend a 3rd on him unless it was a low one but he would have an immediate impact on our team as a pr/kr which we desperately need. Amendola is good and realiable but he wont score a td, he isnt fast enough. Matheui is fast and just as quick, if not quicker than amendola. And he would start probably on every sp unit AND make an impact.
    Torry Holt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast