Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Speaking of Janoris...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Speaking of Janoris...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    I wouldnt spend a 3rd on him unless it was a low one but he would have an immediate impact on our team as a pr/kr which we desperately need. Amendola is good and realiable but he wont score a td, he isnt fast enough. Matheui is fast and just as quick, if not quicker than amendola. And he would start probably on every sp unit AND make an impact.
    For me, I need more from a guy drafted in the third round than being #4 at his position on the depth chart and a return man on special teams. At that point in the draft, I think you're still thinking about guys who could potentially be starters at their position. And of course, all of this assumes the Honey Badgers would stay clean enough to play all 16 games for his team year in and year out, which I think is questionable given this latest incident.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    For me, I need more from a guy drafted in the third round than being #4 at his position on the depth chart and a return man on special teams. At that point in the draft, I think you're still thinking about guys who could potentially be starters at their position. And of course, all of this assumes the Honey Badgers would stay clean enough to play all 16 games for his team year in and year out, which I think is questionable given this latest incident.
    I agree we need starters, but who is to say he isn't our #3. We need playmakers above all else. He is one.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post
    I agree we need starters, but who is to say he isn't our #3. We need playmakers above all else. He is one.
    Yea i agree too we need starters and playmakers. He looks to be a playmaker and who says he cant be the #3 cb. Thats basically a starter with all the multiple wr sets. And anytime u can grab a guy with playmaking abaility u grab him. Look at Devin Hester, he came into the nfl not knowing if he was goona play wr or cb but he was drafted on his st play

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post
    My expectation is that Trumaine Johnson, the guy we've already spent a third round pick on, will have that job. If you add Mathieu and he beats him out, fine. But the Rams will have still spent a third round pick on a guy who is fourth on the depth chart, it'll just be Johnson rather than Mathieu.

I think with that selection, you're looking for much more impact. In the third round, I don't want a guy who is going to play only situationally, be it on defense or special teams. I want a guy who is going to be on the field often and make an impact that way.

This team has too many holes in the starting line-up to be spending luxury picks in the third round on return men, IMO.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Even when he was a Heisman finalist, the Honey Badger wasn't considered above a 3rd round pick. Matter of fact, talent-wise he was considered the 3rd best corner on LSU after Morris Claiborne and some freshman. After all the crap with his suspension and later arrest, I wouldn't draft this guy before the 5th or 6th round.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Trumaine Johnson looks very very good. Corner back is the leasy of our problems
    Last edited by RuffRams; -10-29-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12