Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ss

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Ss

Atari Bigby is a RFA for the packers. He would probably be tendered as 2nd or 3rd round pick. This guys just lays the wood i dont know if anyone else saw the bone jarring hits he was landing on the Seahawks in the playoffs. He will be the perfect compliment to Atogwe. He also has some ball hawk skills he got 5 picks this season 2 against us. What do you guys think

Mooselini Guest

Re: Ss

I think it would be a good pick up. We obviously know hes got some skill for the NFL unlike a draft pick we might use. I think itll be a good pick up if we can get to it.
    Last edited by Mooselini; -01-21-2008 at 12:22 AM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

The way you have described him certainly makes him sound good. Any other info on the guy? Stats?

For some reason I have this feeling that we'll ignore the safety situation and we don't pick up one in FA at least. Maybe we'll address it in the draft.

Also, what about Mike Doss? I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet, but anyways...

isn't he a back-up in Minnesota right now? He's still reasonably young(26?), and we could probably bring him over for a reasonable amount of cash.

Thoughts?

stats
    86 tackles
    5 interceptions
    3 Forced fumbles

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's difficult seeing the Packers allowing him to go elsewhere after he emerged this season to become their starter in the secondary, but for the right draft compensation it may happen. Ultimately you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending something like a second round pick on a strong safety, when you potentially have areas like DE, OT, and WR that are arguably as big if not bigger needs.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

In a very week safety class i think hes worth it unless you go after Mike Doss or Josh Barrett later or possibly wait for what look like a deep class next year, but can and should we wait that long?

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    In a very week safety class i think hes worth it unless you go after Mike Doss or Josh Barrett later or possibly wait for what look like a deep class next year, but can and should we wait that long?
    in all honesty we shouldnt wait that long. in recent years, its been troubling watching our defenders chase a player because our safeties couldnt hit them. now that we have atogwe, we do need someone next to him..

the three you mentioned is a good choice. we need our major priorities, with SS definately on our mind at all times.

Well, I think that the Packers lock up their SS, so we need to draft one, or try to acquire Doss, which might be our best option, as he doesn't start right now.

Any good 2nd rounders out there that anyone has been checking into?

onslaught11 Guest

I am looking at Quintin Demps S UTEP in the 3rd - 4th range. I see him as a sleeper that will impress.
    Last edited by onslaught11; -01-22-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Wrong school.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's difficult seeing the Packers allowing him to go elsewhere after he emerged this season to become their starter in the secondary, but for the right draft compensation it may happen. Ultimately you have to ask yourself if it's worth spending something like a second round pick on a strong safety, when you potentially have areas like DE, OT, and WR that are arguably as big if not bigger needs.
    Really,

The Rams have addressed the OL, DL, and WR through past drafts and free agency. The Safety position has been neglected and is one of most important position on the D side.

The Rams need to upgrade this position.........

Demps sounds like a great pick.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Bigby's not bad at all... Which safeties will be available to the Rams when they are able to address the position in the draft? I'm thinking that they can't draft a safety till 3-4 round, considering other needs. I guess a lot of it depends upon how deep this draft is in OT's. My homer pick for SS in the draft would be Steltz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

I think round one we go after Chris Long (I hope he is as good as everyone expects of him), and if not trade down for Gholoston. Round 2 go offensive tackle, round 3 probably we should get a SS, if not round 4. We will have to see though what happens in FAcy, and if this is addressed. We could go for more OLB/DE/DT depth anyhow. I think Atari Bigby would be great to add, I would hope we could get him without breaking the bank.
    Last edited by prof22693; -01-22-2008 at 06:42 PM.

demps is a fs not ss the top ss in the class are josh barrett and craig steltz both are big hitters and have had injury problems but Barrett is better in coverage and is much bigger so if I had to draft a ss it would probably be him
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -01-22-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Really,

The Rams have addressed the OL, DL, and WR through past drafts and free agency. The Safety position has been neglected and is one of most important position on the D side.

The Rams need to upgrade this position.........

Demps sounds like a great pick.
    Not that I don't agree that we need an upgrade, but we have drafted at least four players recently who did or were capable of playing safety: Carter, Atogwe, Bartell, and Alston.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast