Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams like what they see in Aaron Curry

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    While OT is regarded by most as a bigger need, I think a more important factor is the dropoff from the top OTs from pick 2 to pick 35 as opposed to the dropoff at LB.

I think Curry is emerging as a special prospect. Meanwhile, the OT pool is pretty deep.

Right now, I'd go with Curry.
    This is exactly what I am thinking.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    This guy straight tore it up at the combine. After seeing his workouts, I think I can go either way between Smith/Monroe or Curry at this point. He's a really special player.
    These are the 3 that I really like at #2 as well. If we end up with J. Smith/E. Monroe/A. Curry with that pick, I'll be thrilled.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

After seeing his 40 time I pray we draft him. The guy has blazing speed for a linebacker which means he can be a 3 down player.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Looks like you guys all like Curry now
    but i've been saying to draft him all along
    bandwagoners

general counsel is offline Registered User

Just because we need an offensive tackle, doesnt make the best available offensive tackle as good as the best available linebacker. What we need is the best player available at a position of need and at this point, that is curry.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Just because we need an offensive tackle, doesnt make the best available offensive tackle as good as the best available linebacker. What we need is the best player available at a position of need and at this point, that is curry.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    While OT is regarded by most as a bigger need, I think a more important factor is the dropoff from the top OTs from pick 2 to pick 35 as opposed to the dropoff at LB.

I think Curry is emerging as a special prospect. Meanwhile, the OT pool is pretty deep.

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    This is exactly what I am thinking.
    OMG!

Before when i was making the case for the all mighty one all u were saying there is a bigger need at OT. I even made the point that we would drop Holt and still u guys were sayin The way our OL is we need an OT.

If we cut Holt wont the great one be the guy that is the best available player (even after injury rehab) in the draft? General Counsal.

All of yall were jockin on me the fact that "we should get the guy who will replace Pace."

I really dont see how this Curry situaion is differnt from the chosen one's situation:

If holt is gone then the Black Jesus would fill in the need at WR#1. He would also fit perfectly in the Shurmur's WCO where the YAC is more important than the RUN. But yall copped him cuz "we had a bigger need"

That guy out of Wake Forest would also fill in a minor need. He would be a big hieght improvement over Witherspoon right? Yea. the big aaron Curry is a whole 1/2 inch taller than the undersized Witherspoon at MLB. Maybe Kevin Dyson could have used that half an inch to tie the superbowl vs. the Rams up.

I sick of jumping bandwagons now from Andre Smith to The next Jerry Rice to Eugene Moroe. And i sure will not go to that person out of Wake Forest.

Im not trying to make the case for the Black Spiderman again im just trying to push accross a point that u guys did to me. We need to address our biggest need with the 2nd pick. And to prove that this is no different to the people who wanted us to take God's 2nd son (props to Weedle).

In Bold u know who he is he doesnt even need an intro. If u dont know by now i got another hint the Future Hall of Famer

jbell15 is offline Registered User

You should change your name from djdeeznutz to DJONCRABTREEZNUTZ hahaha

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Honestly people are always bound to change their minds on who to like depending on the informationt hat is published. What happened this weekend at the combine with Crabtree loosing SIGNIFICANT stick and Curry throwing down a great combine, just adds to the opinion. To be fair, there were a lot of people who liked Curry anyways. But a lot of people who liked Crabtree to be the BPA lost tons of faith int hat this weekend and instead have shifted to Curry. Jason Smith is a great tackle, but Curry is by far the BPA.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    You should change your name from djdeeznutz to DJONCRABTREEZNUTZ hahaha
    lol then maybe his greatness will rub off on me.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-23-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: There is absolutely NO WAY what you said was appropriate.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The OT may or may not be deep; it's going to depend on the kind of run there is on OT in the first round. I anticipate both Smiths, Monroe, Oher, Beatty, and possible Britton being gone by the time our second round pick rolls around. In that case, the second round options aren't incredibly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    What we need is the best player available at a position of need and at this point, that is curry.
    Perhaps; I think Curry can make as good a case as anyone at this point. But I think it's important at this stage in the process to reiterate that we're talking opinions here. There likely isn't one unquestionable best player available in this draft when our pick rolls around. It's all going to depend on everyone's rankings, and ultimately for us, it's going to depend on the Rams' rankings. We have no idea right now if they feel the best player available at a position of need is Curry.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I think it all hinges on restructuring Pace. If we keep Pace then Curry is a great pick up but if we lose Pace we need to draft a starting LT. That will take one of the top OTs not one of the 2nd rounders... imho.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

To me, Aaron Curry is the second best prospect in the entire draft. I love him as both a player and a person especially after his media session at the combine. Here is where I get concerned about him, and it has nothing to do with his talent, measurables or play. IMO, to justify taking him #2, he must a) be a game changer and not just a good LB, and b) he must play ILB. The problem is that we don't know for sure if he can play the MIC. Yes, he does have the size, speed and instincts to do it, but do you really take the gamble with #2 to figure that out?

After watching us use (not waste, use) Witherspoon at MLB for three seasons essentially out of position as well as playing Adam Carriker at DT instead of his natural DE spot, you can understand why I am a little weary of taking Curry to play a position where he has spent a total of six practices at. Curry could turn out to be the next great MLB in this league, but with such a premium pick I can't help but be somewhat cautious.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I really like this guy but #2 is much too high for him. However if we trade down a few spots I would love to pick up this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    After Crabtree's injury and Andre Smith's fatass no showing the combine i think it is down to three.

Aaron Curry
    Eugene Monroe
    Jason Smith

Honestly im an not a fan of Curry at all. He will prorbaly be a good LB but we dont have the 5th pick. We have the 2nd pick and i dont think a MLB should go in the top 3. We have a bigger need at OT than at MLB.

I dont really understand this logic. If the guy is drafted and turns out to be like Urlacher or Singletary would you say it's too high to draft a LB? I'm not saying he is going to be that good but I dont understand saying it's too high for anyone unless it's a fb,te,k or punter other than that in my opinion it's not too high for any other position.
    Last edited by rammiser; -02-23-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    Just Fix It

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Aaron Curry, Jason Smith, Michael Crabtree..those are my top three players for the Rams to draft at #2.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I really like this guy but #2 is much too high for him. However if we trade down a few spots I would love to pick up this guy.
    He won't be there if we trade down a few spots. If we pass on him, he will be (as Bar-BQ pointed out) a Chief. They are making the switch to 3-4 and need LBs, especially one with the versatility, safety, and potential of Aaron Curry. If he does not go at #2, he will go #3.

If you don't want to draft him because you feel OT is the bigger need, that's cool; I understand. However, there will be no trading back to get him. In fact, while it is not likely, it's not out of the question that the Chiefs trade up to get him.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast