Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onslaught11 Guest

Stack your board

You are the scout for the Rams. You are rating what front 7 guys that the Rams should take. These are the players that will be gone before 13 or around 13. How would you stack them.

Alan Branch - Will go anywhere between 6 - 13. A big Rams need at NT but could be lazy.

Amobi Okoye - Will go anywhere between 4 - 13. A very good DT but more suited for UT which the Rams have 2 of them. Young and may need time to develop.

Gaines Adam - Great pass rusher but a liability in the run. We need run stoppers but can not ignore his pass rushing skills. Could go anywhere between 4 - 10 with a chance of a fall to the Rams.

Jamal Anderson - Good all around DE. Is he a one and half year wonder or the real thing. Is his pass rush skill going to be neutralized when he get to the NFL? Could go anywhere between 6 - 18.

Patrick Willis - Very good linebacker. Can play the middle or SLB. Great tackler. He is fast in straightline speed but his lateral quickness is not very good. Could be a liability in coverage. Could go anywhere between 7 - 16.

Adam Carriker - Show his best in the Senior Bowl. Hard worker and very agile for a big man. He would be more suited for a 3-4 DE. The Rams runs a 4-3. Could go between 11 -18.

My Board would look like this:

1. Amobi Okoye
    2. Alan Branch
    3. Jamaal Anderson
    4. Gaines Adams
    5. Patrick Willis
    6. Adam Carriker

If all is gone:
    I would add Laron Landry

What does your board look like.:l

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Stack your board

Mine has changed over the past couple of weeks, and I'm sure it'll change again, but here goes:

1. Okoye
    2. Carriker
    3. Anderson
    4. Branch
    5. Adams
    6. Willis
    7. Landry
    8. Hall

One of those 8 WILL be a Ram.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

onslaught11 Guest

I can not in all good conscious put Leon Hall on that list.

I can not get over the fact of him getting beaten like a rented mule by Dwayne Jarret all game long.

RamsFan16 Guest

1. Okoye
    2. Branch
    3. Willis
    4. Carriker
    5. Adams
    6. Landry
    7. Hall

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Okoye
    2. Adams
    3. *Landry
    4. Branch
    5. Anderson
    6. Carriker
    7. Willis
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

onslaught11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    1. Okoye
    2. Branch
    3. Willis
    4. Carriker
    5. Adams
    6. Landry
    7. Hall

No Anderson? Is it an oversight or do you just don't want him as a Ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    1. Okoye
    2. Adams
    3. *Landry
    4. Branch
    5. Anderson
    6. Carriker
    7. Willis
    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    1. Okoye
    2. Carriker
    3. Anderson
    4. Branch
    5. Adams
    6. Willis
    7. Landry
    8. Hall
    There you have it, folks. How funny is it, with all the bantering back and forth between Nick and I, that both of us have Branch at the exact same spot on our boards.

I do have a couple of questions for you, Nick. First, does Adams run stopping abilities not concern you enough to drop him lower than 2nd? And secondly, what's with the "*" next to Landry?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Country Guest

1. Okoye
    2. Branch
    3. Landry
    4. Adams
    5. Carriker
    6. Willis
    7. Anderson
    8. Houston

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    There you have it, folks. How funny is it, with all the bantering back and forth between Nick and I, that both of us have Branch at the exact same spot on our boards.
    So true, but that's probably more because SOMEONE moved him up from 8th on their previous board.

I do have a couple of questions for you, Nick. First, does Adams run stopping abilities not concern you enough to drop him lower than 2nd? And secondly, what's with the "*" next to Landry?
    Regarding Adams, no I'm not concerned enough to drop him further. He's an amazing natural pass rusher whom I think will improve against the run as he gains experience. As for the star next to Landry, it's because he's not a front seven player which is what was originally asked for.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

So true, but that's probably more because SOMEONE moved him up from 8th on their previous board.
    Hey, I'm not immovable. The more we talked about it, the more I became convinced that the need at NT alone should push him up my board. I'm still not sold on Branch, but I am sold that he is the best NT on the board.

Regarding Adams, no I'm not concerned enough to drop him further. He's an amazing natural pass rusher whom I think will improve against the run as he gains experience.
    Incredible pass rusher? No doubt. And very disruptive in the back-field, but that 260 body better fill out a little more, or he may find himself getting blown upfield, especially if he is overly aggressive.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My board of defensive prospects only:

1. Amobi Okoye DT
    2. Jamaal Anderson DE
    3. Alan Branch DT
    4. Gaines Adams DE
    5. Patrick Willis MLB
    6. Adam Carriker DE
    7. Lawrence Timmons OLB
    8. Paul Posluszny OLB
    9. LaRon Landry S
    10. Leon Hall CB
    11. Justin Harrell DT
    12. Tank Tyler DT
    13. Charles Johnson DE
    14. Stewart Bradley OLB
    15. Buster Davis MLB

A few players on my list might seem a little out of place because I'm not big on the "value" system of the draft. One or two years worth of scouting (most college players' starting experience) is not enough for me to trust the talent evaluation as far as one player being head and shoulders above the next tier of players. I tend to put the weight more towards team needs and how the player fits into our system. If I see a guy that fills a need, fits in well and will most likely be gone by our next pick, even if there are a few "blue-chip" players rated above him (at other positions), I'd take him anyway, if a trade down cannot be worked out.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -03-29-2007 at 08:19 PM.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Incredible pass rusher? No doubt. And very disruptive in the back-field, but that 260 body better fill out a little more, or he may find himself getting blown upfield, especially if he is overly aggressive.
    Little is playing at that weight. Also, I've read that Adams has the frame to add more weight. What bothers me more about him is his intelligence and possible attitude problems, but I'd definitely take him.

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Little is playing at that weight. Also, I've read that Adams has the frame to add more weight. What bothers me more about him is his intelligence and possible attitude problems, but I'd definitely take him.
    Exactly my point. Little is better against the run than most small DE's, but still not a true end container. To put edge rushers on both sides of the line is asking for trouble.......just ask the Colts, smallest DE's in the league and the worst D against the run. Size isn't everything (Hargrove was 280 and ran himself out of nearly every play), but it ain't nothing either.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Exactly my point. Little is better against the run than most small DE's, but still not a true end container. To put edge rushers on both sides of the line is asking for trouble.......just ask the Colts, smallest DE's in the league and the worst D against the run. Size isn't everything (Hargrove was 280 and ran himself out of nearly every play), but it ain't nothing either.
    True, but I'm thinking that Little is getting to the age where his abilities will begin to decline and he could become more injury prone. If we have a shot at a great pass rusher maybe we should grab him. They don't come along that often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast