Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By RamBamThankYouMam
  • 1 Post By Mikey

Thread: Stevan Ridley?

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Stevan Ridley?

Even though the Rams have seemingly found a solution to the early season running back woes, I still believe the Rams need to do a little something extra to solidify their depth at the RB position. The Rams will have many options in the draft, which means many opportunities to add a RB. With many needs developing on the offensive line, I think the Rams would be smart using a few picks to obtain talent and depth in this area of need.

While Zac Stacy has been very impressive since taking over as the number 1 running back, I think adding a seasoned back-up to the equation could be very helpful. Ridley's fumbling problem has been well documented, and has landed him in Belichick's doghouse over the last few weeks. Instead of adding another young RB to the fold through the draft I think it would be nice to add a RB with alot of experience who is still younger in his own right.

If Stacy experiences a sophmore slump it would be nice to have someone who has proven that he can handle the load when given the chance. Hopefully, Ridley won't have to be anything more than a backup, but if Stacy gets injured or becomes ineffective, I would feel alot better knowing that Ridley could come in and start. What do you guys think about this option? What do you think it would take to acquire him in a trade? 5th round pick?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Stevan Ridley?

I don't think you could get him for anything better than a 3rd round pick, and for that price I'll pass.
    ManofGod likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

I think before Belichick lost some trust in him it probably would have taken a 3rd rounder. Now that is seems like the Patriots have been going to Blount much more, I would think a 3rd rounder is a little steep for a back up RB.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

His fumbling just doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon, perhaps he needs a change of scenery, but not if it comes at the price of a 3rd or a 4th round pick.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -12-30-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Yeah, his fumbling problems is the main concern I have regarding his abilities. Other than fumbling problems, I think he would be a nice piece to add to this offense. It would allow the Rams to keep their RBs fresh, provide insurance in case of an injury, and add some veteran leadership to a young group. There is no way I would want the Rams to acquire him for a 3rd round pick or more, but if he could be had for a 4th round pick I think the Rams should atleast consider picking him up. If the Pats would let him go for a 5th rounder I say he would be a great pick up especially since he wouldnt hurt the Rams' salary cap situation.
    ManofGod likes this.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Fumble and injury problems make me say no thank you.
    ManofGod likes this.