39thebeast is offline Registered User

Steve Wyche: Rams on the clock

Steve Wyche is in the Rams building and is getting the feeling the Rams will go with Baylor offensive tackle Jason Smith. He also thinks the Rams might trade up with their second rounder if they see Rey Mauluga falling to get the bigger thumper they want in the middle.

Sounds great to me if they can pull it off. I would be extremely happy if we could come away with Smith and Mauluga on day 1

You can catch the who video on NFL . com under videos

Re: Steve Wyche: Rams on the clock

I do think Devaney will trade up with the 35 whether it is for Mauluga or if it is for a guy like Hakim Nicks I think we will be looking to do something with the number 35 pick.

I also think we will go for a big thumper in the middle. If we cant land Mauluga we could go Jasper Brinkley in the third or Antonio Apleby later on

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I could definitely see them making a move for Maualuga. Laurinaitis might be technically sound, but he's not scary. Rey is kinda scary. And if they're serious about getting bigger and more physical on defense, he makes a lot of sense.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Maualuga has some character issues in his past so I'm dubious about the Rams wanting to trade up for him. But he certainly would be a big presence in the middle of the defense, and has been sliding a bit as the draft nears to where he may be close enough for the Rams to pull off a move. I just hope it wouldn't involve next year's first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Maualuga has some character issues in his past so I'm dubious about the Rams wanting to trade up for him. But he certainly would be a big presence in the middle of the defense, and has been sliding a bit as the draft nears to where he may be close enough for the Rams to pull off a move. I just hope it wouldn't involve next year's first round pick.
    The jets moved up with a second and 4th last year, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a first next year, becuase if that was the price I would be completely against trading up. Mauluga does have some character concerns, but maybe the Rams straightend those things out with him when he came in for the pre draft visits. I guess we will see what happens in a couple hours.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If we find a team that's willing to do the deal for our second and a mid rounder, I'd be happy with the trade, but I really don't want to trade anything in the top three rounds next year unless someone that absolutely shouldn't be there, like Crabtree. If someone like that drops, then I can see trading something next year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The jets moved up with a second and 4th last year, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a first next year, becuase if that was the price I would be completely against trading up. Mauluga does have some character concerns, but maybe the Rams straightend those things out with him when he came in for the pre draft visits. I guess we will see what happens in a couple hours.
    Yep, the Jets were able to move up last year from 36 to 30 and the only other thing it cost them was a fourth rounder. That kind of trade up would be ideal. A deal similar to, say, the one between the Panthers and the Eagles last year would not be ideal, however.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

i like Mauluga but he can be over aggresive and that could lead to missed tackles..do we really need more missed tackles next year?

i think that Laurinaitis would be better bc he rarely misses tackles, is a good kid (no character issues), and is better in pass coverage.

so basiclly what im sayin is that Laurinaitis is better value for a 2nd rd pick that Maualuga for a 2nd and 4th maybe when we have few picks to start with

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

schut39 is offline Registered User

I would be extremely happy if we got Jason Smith and then Laurinaitis or Mauluga in the second. That would be an excellent first day of the draft. In the third round if we go that way, I say we would have to go after a running back such as Rashad Jennings or a receiver such as Ramses Barden or Juaquin Iglesias.

07McCarthy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Rey Rey has had problems in the PAST but trust me when i say this. He has cleaned up his act. I've gotten to know Rey Rey over the past year. He is a great guy and very humble. But he do got a nasty streak to him on the fireld which i feel this team NEEDS!