View Poll Results: Stevie Johnson in StL?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

12 50.00%
  • No thanks, I would rather a more exciting FA WR.

12 50.00%
  • No, I don't want the Rams to add a WR in FA.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Stevie Johnson SHOULD be the #1 WR on the Rams off-season board!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Stevie Johnson SHOULD be the #1 WR on the Rams off-season board!

Don't we already have enough guys that drop wide open passes?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Oh goody. Its that time of year again for THOLT's annual "We should sign the biggest diva WR available" thread
    This is funny... He is a diva because he celebrates a few touchdowns and gets flagged? I consider a diva someone who thinks he is above the team and causes chaos in the locker room i.e. Terrell Owens. I haven't read one instance where his ego or 'divaish' ways rubbed off on the team.

On a side note, would you rather us pursue Vincent "DUI" Jackson? Since Stevie Johnson is the biggest diva WR to you, then what is Vincent Jackson?

The bottomline is they are Wide Receivers. The majority of them are flashy. Cornerbacks and Wide Receivers are the two flashiest positions, just watch pregame warmups...or a game in general.

This is a joke. Let's just keep rolling out what we have. And let a 6-2 26 year old stud fall through the cracks.

Oh and one more thing, there is a reason why I need to make a 'we should sign receiever' post annually, its because the previous regime was so incompetent of signing a quality WRs for their 50 million dollar quarterback!
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -02-25-2012 at 03:00 AM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    This is funny... He is a diva because he celebrates a few touchdowns and gets flagged? I consider a diva someone who thinks he is above the team and causes chaos in the locker room i.e. Terrell Owens. I haven't read one instance where his ego or 'divaish' ways rubbed off on the team.

On a side note, would you rather us pursue Vincent "DUI" Jackson? Since Stevie Johnson is the biggest diva WR to you, then what is Vincent Jackson?

The bottomline is they are Wide Receivers. The majority of them are flashy. Cornerbacks and Wide Receivers are the two flashiest positions, just watch pregame warmups...or a game in general.

This is a joke. Let's just keep rolling out what we have. And let a 6-2 26 year old stud fall through the cracks.

Oh and one more thing, there is a reason why I need to make a 'we should sign receiever' post annually, its because the previous regime was so incompetent of signing a quality WRs for their 50 million dollar quarterback!
    Diva - An immature and idiotic player.

Cancer - Locker room and team issue. Chemistry destroyer.

So yes, Stevie Johnson is a diva. So is DeSean Jackson. So is Vincent Jackson (partially, but more of a cancer due to off the field issues). Dwayne Bowe is also a diva. When he doesn't want to try, he wont. Not a big deal. I'd still prefer Colston over all though.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -02-25-2012 at 03:18 AM.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I don't see Stevie Johnson as a Diva or a cancer. I love how everyone of you fail to point out any immature thing he did last year. That is because he didnt..he just went out played and had the best year of his career (or one of his best). Everything he did immature wise was in 2010. <---Edit: I was completely wrong about this part, I forgot about the Plaxico celebration

Also, if he is telling the truth he put these numbers up last year with a groin tear and a broken hand in portions of the season.

I'm sorry but with his Age and high ceiling he is my number 1 preference. I have seen his latest interviews and how he handled himself last season with 0 incidents. I think he would be the best WR available for us. I would love to see Sam to Stevie for years to come.
    Last edited by RuffRams; -02-25-2012 at 12:27 PM.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post

What are you getting all bent out of shape for? You know damn well that every year one of these receivers is out there and you are always banging the drum for us to sign them. You love these head case WRs, and thats fine. Its OK to like divas THOLT. Just keep in mind that just because a WR is obnoxious does not necessarily make them great. Sosa brought up Marquis Colston which is a perfect example. Hes big, hes in the prime of his career, he keeps his mouth shut, and he produces. No stupid flags, no showboating... So of course, no interest from THOLT.

I should correct myself. It wasn't his best year last year, but on par with his best year.

Also, correct myself he did have 2 excessive celebrations last year but those were his incidents. Still makes no difference to me. I like the way he handles himself, I think he has a bright future and is certainly no Diva or Cancer for getting 2 excessive celebration penalties

What are you getting all bent out of shape for? You know damn well that every year one of these receivers is out there and you are always banging the drum for us to sign them. You love these head case WRs, and thats fine. Its OK to like divas THOLT. Just keep in mind that just because a WR is obnoxious does not necessarily make them great. Sosa brought up Marquis Colston which is a perfect example. Hes big, hes in the prime of his career, he keeps his mouth shut, and he produces. No stupid flags, no showboating... So of course, no interest from THOLT.
    True, I support Stevie like THOLT though. But when it comes down to it, we are just expressing our interest in Stevie OVER Colston. I don't care if we get Colston or Stevie, I would be just as happy with either one. I just prefer Stevie because of his age and the higher ceiling....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

You know what cfh, you are right. I have absolutely zero interest in the Rams signing Marques Colston, because he doesn't showboat. Oh wait, a week ago I produced a mock off-season and had us signing him over Stevie. Whoops. Theres the link buddy:
    THolt Mock Off-Season 1.0

At the end of the day whether the man is a 'diva' or not, I want the best player(s) that are going to be able to help Sam Bradford. Plus, you act like Stevie Johnson is some schlepp who doesn't produce and showboats. He is a very solid player. But I'll let you have your perception that I have no interest in Colston, or any other WR that isn't a 'diva' that can benefit the Rams.

Think you can close this thread.

Appears he will be back with Buff:

Rotoworld:
    Free agent Stevie Johnson hopes to have long-term negotiations with the Bills wrapped up "within a week or so."
    "I don’t want to leave," he said Saturday. "I want to finish what we started. Hopefully things come together and we connect on this contract. It’s just about where I began in the NFL. I want to end there." Johnson's agent will meet with the Bills for the second straight day Saturday. An agreement is likely close.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Looks bad. Bowe and DJAX will be franchised. Johnson and VJ will get new deals. Only Colston left..

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Looks bad. Bowe and DJAX will be franchised. Johnson and VJ will get new deals. Only Colston left..
    Yup...options dwindling.

Really hoping for Blackmon

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Buffalo Bills receiver Stevie Johnson seemed to refute a report Sunday night that he is finalizing a five-year contract with the team.

Citing a source familiar with the deal, ESPN reported Sunday night that Buffalo was close to agreeing on a long-term deal with its top receiver, and that the two sides hope to finish the deal on Monday. That is the last day that NFL teams can apply the franchise tag to potential free agents such as Johnson.

But the receiver tweeted Sunday: "All these 'reports' are crazy, but I appreciate the positive energy. We will see what happens. No matter what I'm truly blessed."
    Johnson has been a controversial player in Buffalo. He's led the team in receptions and receiving yards the last two seasons, but has had a problem with excessive celebration penalties and was benched for most of the Bills' Week 17 loss to the Patriots.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Anyone somewhat more interested in my suggestions of Meachem or Garcon now? Much better value for your buck or million, give or take.
    I believe!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I hope we go after Gholston.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Anyone somewhat more interested in my suggestions of Meachem or Garcon now? Much better value for your buck or million, give or take.
    The two players are certainly upgrades over our current starters. Robert Meacham in particular, would be a good pick up in my opinion. He definitely will add some much needed speed to our WR core.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast