NorCalRam Guest

Strictly OL and Defense in draft ?

Would you be upset if the Rams didn't draft any other positions besides
    OL or DEFENSE in this upcoming draft? Sometimes the most boring (un-sexy picks) drafts are the most productive. I can't wait to see what unfolds! How about you?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Strictly OL and Defense in draft ?

I want a fullback.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalRam View Post
    Would you be upset if the Rams didn't draft any other positions besides
    OL or DEFENSE in this upcoming draft? Sometimes the most boring (un-sexy picks) drafts are the most productive. I can't wait to see what unfolds! How about you?
    Yea I would be upset!

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I want a fullback.
    I posted a tread up earlier this week asking who should be the #2 back and a majority said it should be Leonard. So we need some offensive positions:

WR (if we dont get toomer we need a tall wideout)
    QB (We need a developmental QB that we should take in the 4th or5th)
    FB (cuz we need a FB thats bigger than S-Jax)

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Yea I would be upset!

I posted a tread up earlier this week asking who should be the #2 back and a majority said it should be Leonard. So we need some offensive positions:

If you mix in a MLB and a safety then yes I would be OK with it.

However, how many more high draft picks do the Rams have to use on the DL and OL????

I'm starting to think that the Rams should consider addiing some depth with later round picks.....

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

However, how many more high draft picks do the Rams have to use on the DL and OL????

I'm starting to think that the Rams should consider addiing some depth with later round picks.....
    I know we need to draft MLB and a SS but the question was DEFENSE ond ol.

Defense means all defensive positions including SS, MLB and more not just D-line.

He did not include FB, QB, or WR that is why i said those 3.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Yea I would be upset!

What is the positive in getting Toomer. He is way too old and slow to benefit any team's offenses anymore.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post

That is the problem. Most of the guys starting on our o-line are only worthy of being back-ups. I don't want us to draft more "depth" and not have a clear starter who is above everyone else in talent and athleticsm. Depth is not going to help us when really all we need is a starter.

Let's see, I don't think Incognito, Romberg and Barron are worthy of being starters anymore.

Barron's problems aren't only his false starts. This guy is just flat out inconsistent with his blocking. And yet some people on here want to give him ANOTHER year and move him to the LEFT side.

Incognito is also not very consistent. He also gets stupid penalties which handicaps the team. The whole candy bar fiasco did not do anything to improve his stock. I would say that it should be one of the deciding factors for kicking him out.

Romberg is a decent center, but it's time we start to find a true, capable starter for the team. The line showed some good stuff when Romberg was back in, so I can only hope they will only do even better when we put in an even better center.

So as I have said, I would rather have some starters drafted in the earlier rounds to replace these guys, rather than some rotational/back-up depth players to be back-ups for the guys I just mentioned above.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    What is the positive in getting Toomer. He is way too old and slow to benefit any team's offenses anymore.
    If we could get him for a cheap 1-2 year deal then why not. Yea hes not the fastest WR. But he is tall and he wont drop it like Bennet will. And Toomer has been healthy of late. Toomer also has a connection with Spags and Toomer can be our 3rd down guy. Im only saying to sign him if he is cheap!!!!!!!

Look at our top five WR hieghts

Torry Holt- 6feet
    Donnie Avery- 5' 11"
    Keenen Burton- 6' 1"
    Dane Looker- 6 feet
    Derek Stanly 5' 11"

(im not counting Bennet cuz the guy is injury prone and i think the Rams should cut him anyway he is tall 6' 5")

A-Web is offline Registered User

I would have no problem bolstering the Defense. Make this team change direction. Make the Rams sound like the tough mothas they should be. The animal pounds the crap out of it's opponents with it's HEAD for crying out loud. We need to pound the crap out of our opponents with out Defense.

As for Bennet, absolutely retain him above Looker and or Stanley. That 6'5'' could stand in the middle of the field, running nowhere and catch a pass where those guys couldn't even see it.

As for Toomer, I think not. At this point in the Rams franchise, I believe we have lost all notion on a #1 WR. Either we need to face the free agency and pick ourselves up some star power. I would love to see Houshmanzadeh land on our plate, as well as M. Crabtree (Elevation, Speed, Power, God-likeness?) Together, we have our tall, strong, fast, great catching passing tandem revived. I love T-Holt, but he doesn't have much besides route running skill left in the tank. That only takes you so far.

But...if we can pick up some FA in the WR department, I have no problem buffing up the lines and D.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I for once in a long time would say the rams had a good draft !!!!
    If that happened.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We need a fullback. That's for sure.

A quarterback of the future would be a good idea.

Outside of that, I really don't see what we could use. If Holt leaves, a WR would be ideal. But who knows...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

MarshallMarshall Guest

Next year will be good for QB. Bulger for one more year then definitly we need to draft a QB, even if Bulger has good year we should still go after first rounder like Bradford or McCoy.