Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: The Stud v. the Trade Down

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    Remembering Pickett, Lewis, Kennedy, and Carriker doesn't make me feel so great about picking a DT. Spags I believe had a 2nd and a 4th rounder playing for him at DT last year. Umenyiora and Tuck were 3rd rounders. Just sayin...
    You cant think like that, because we have a whole new operation in the front office who have been making good picks as of late. You cant tax the current regime for the mistakes of the past one.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhotog View Post
    Keep dreaming!!! Being both Bucs n Neb fan over 20 years I wouldn't trade up 1 spot giving more than 1st n top 2nd round pick! Rams suck more n need more than Suh!!!!!

Can anyone translate this?

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    You cant think like that, because we have a whole new operation in the front office who have been making good picks as of late. You cant tax the current regime for the mistakes of the past one.
    If you wanted to expand on that, one can't assume that this regime would misuse the players they draft like the last one did, either.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

I'm actually in the trade-down camp. The reason why is because the offense is still behind the defense in development/improvement. If the reverse were true, I would be on the other side.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Just say we did trade down, who would we pick? I'm thinking the Bucs wouldn't need Bradford, perhaps the Browns would take him? We need to make sure we are still a lock for Bradford and not trade down too far, like to the late first-round.

peramoure is offline Registered User

I'm with you Rammer.. Trade down provided we can get the QB we want.

FemFtblFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Can anyone translate this?
    Looks to me as if Flphotog has beeen reading the draft value board for trading down, and was addressing the post stating a trade down should be a minimum of 3 1st round picks? btw, the value to trade down just to the #2 spot is a first and a second.

Frito is offline Registered User

Suh! Gets my vote! Every player is a risk! What are we asking? Take the best risk or trade for two lesser risks and hope one works out?

Suh has proven himself in every situation this year, so he deserves the pick. If he doesnt work out then he quit. I don't think he is that player. Nebraska, was a laughing stalk on Offense he kept them in the hunt all year long, when most others would have quit! Nebraska went "3 and out" all year long which would make most defenses give up.

Every player is a risk. Who really wants it? Alot of players get that check and check out. It is sad. Teams like Detroit have to risk everything with these salaries they dish out for top picks. Handcuffs teams for the next few years, not able to move because nothing left in the bank. These players without the heart to help turn a team around make me sick. Steven Jackson is a Stud! A losing team and still pounds that freaking rock!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12