Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MoonJoe is online now Ram MVP

Re: Suh (Nebraska) vs. Arizona Wildcats TONITE!

The thing I notice most about him is his ability to "move" a player. He doesn't just tackle or hit them, he physically "moves" them back a few yards! Very impressive. I didn't see it too much last night (probably because of the double teaming), but he is strong! Go Frisco!!

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This is a good example of a message board pet peeve of mine. Every website I've looked on, including Nebraska's own site, lists him at 300 lbs.

Now, it is entirely possible that he'll weigh in at a different weight at the Combine, but I fail to see why people feel the need to post "facts" that have no apparent source.

So, if you have a source, identify it.
    From the Sports Xchange:

NAME: Ndamukong Suh
    COLLEGE: Nebraska Number 93
    HEIGHT: 6-4 WEIGHT: 302
    POSITION: DT
    CLASS/DRAFT YEAR: rSr/2010
    40 Time: 5.02
    40 Low: 4.89
    40 High: 5.12

Projected Round: 1
    Rated number 1 out of 179 DT's

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    The only concern I have with Suh right now is that he appears a bit small for a DT in the NFL. Am I the only one that sees this?
    I can't speak for the other Clannies, but he looked plenty big to me. Did you see the play where he was flagged for roughing the passer, and on the replay the announcers pointed out that even though he tried to reign it in, Suh is so strong he literally sent the qb flying anyway ..

Blankman17 Guest

Suh's plenty large, believe you me. He was essentially flagged for sacking a quarterback twice. Once against Arizona and again against Baylor. There are only so many things physics can prevent. As he's progressed these past several years, it's been amazing, but this past spring when the players were working out he was tossing around insane amounts of weight like rag dolls. I can confirm that 40 by the way. Watch 'em do the shuttle.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This is a good example of a message board pet peeve of mine. Every website I've looked on, including Nebraska's own site, lists him at 300 lbs.

Now, it is entirely possible that he'll weigh in at a different weight at the Combine, but I fail to see why people feel the need to post "facts" that have no apparent source.

So, if you have a source, identify it.
    When I was watching the Texas-Nebraska Big 12 Championship, Musburger had said that talking with Suh before the game he mentioned his current weight was 291 lbs. There's no way I can copy and paste that from an online source, but he did say that. You make it sound like I'm just pulling an alternate number off the top of my head. I realize that many websites have Suh listed at 300 lbs. Many websites at this time last year had Michael Crabtree at 6'5 as well until he was measured in at 6'2 during the combine. It might be because the season has taken it's toll, but as of the Texas game and quite possibly the Arizona game, Suh is weighing right around 291 lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12