Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Take it with a grain of salt (Redskins rumor)...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Take it with a grain of salt (Redskins rumor)...

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Nick, it helps that there's only two real Franchise guys out on the market, and a lot of teams looking for upgrades. An injured Peyton who isn't even official yet, and Flynn. Uness you count Orton, Campbell, or Henne as franchise guys?
    It also depends on how many legitimate trade targets you identify.

You've identified eight; I think that's being incredibly generous. I think realistically you're probably only looking at 3-4, and that can go down if two of the free agent QBs head to those teams.

There are scenarios where the market can calm from what it is now based on free agent signings. Some teams may be more comfortable giving a journeyman like Campbell a season to work with and seeing what's available next year than trading the farm for Griffin and not having other picks to work with.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Rams have certainly become the hot cheerleader fielding offers to go to the Prom.

"Let's see... you're offering a ride in a limo, a steak and lobster dinner, and..."

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I agree Nick, my 8 teams aresn't all going to look to trade up, like the Jets. However, I do think that they will play a big part in restricting the market. The Broncos are looking for a good backup, and could easily take Henne or Campbell off the market. The Jets could easily take Orton. We know the Seahawks need to upgrade at QB, but don't have the draft ammo(or desire) to trade up with us. They could be big suitors of Peyton or Flynn. That puts pressure on the Skins and Dolphins if they don't land whom they want in free agency.
    I believe!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I agree Nick, my 8 teams aresn't all going to look to trade up, like the Jets. However, I do think that they will play a big part in restricting the market. The Broncos are looking for a good backup, and could easily take Henne or Campbell off the market. The Jets could easily take Orton. We know the Seahawks need to upgrade at QB, but don't have the draft ammo(or desire) to trade up with us. They could be big suitors of Peyton or Flynn. That puts pressure on the Skins and Dolphins if they don't land whom they want in free agency.
    I agree to an extent. Teams like the Chiefs, Jets, Broncos, etc will probably sign these second tier guys to push their current starters. Teams like the Browns, Redskins, Dolphins, and Seahawks are going to be the ones interested in Flynn and Manning; Campbell or Orton or Grossman won't be much of an upgrade for them.

But IMO, the more teams you take out of the equation with these free agent QBs, the lower the chances are of getting one of these blockbuster packages. I'd rather pit 3-4 teams against each other than just two, but I think free agency is going to take some of those teams out of the equation.

That may be an argument in favor of the Rams making a deal sooner rather than later, if these types of blockbuster deals are on the table. Strike while the iron is hot, rather than letting free agency eliminate some of these interested parties. It'll be interesting to see what package the Rams ultimately get, because I think it's nearly a foregone conclusion that they'll be trading this pick.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

If peyton stays with indi for 1 more year on the incentive laden deal and Flynn is franchised than RG III becomes the #1 option for teams because they would have to trade draft picks then offer a Kolb-type contract for flynn...

I think the Redskins deal would be great for us because at #6 we are still guaranteed a difference maker Blackmon, Richardson, claibore, or Brockers each one of these guys is a MAJOR upgrade over our current starter (in richardson's case over Cadilac or RB2)

After RG III's workout this guy is a very special prospect i would want the skins 1st 2nd 3rd and there 1st and 3rd next year if its said they are willing to offer that much we can get so much out of them look at the scenario:

Mike Shannahan is paid like a top tier coach
    They have talent on D they desperately need a QB
    RG III ran a 4.38 40 and measured in at 6-2
    Highly accurate passer
    playmaker
    Look at the skins division all 3 teams are playoff contenders and the Giants won the SB
    They have been wasting time with veteran cast-offs at QB

They desperately need a franchise QB; we can use the browns as leverage to take as many draft picks from the skins as possible

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I don't negotiate for a living, but I am married, and I wholeheartedly agree with Rambos. :-)
    Semper Fi!

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Beautiful.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

6 picks in the first 3 rounds!? Not to mention two 1st rounder next year plus all the cap money we will have.

If we dont turn this around im guessing were the cubs of football.

On a serious note, Michael Lombardi did say the trade value charts are outdated because of the new rookie wage scale. Hopefully hes right.

I could see the Redskins doing the deal though. RG3 is a VERY special talent.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I remember when i said a couple months ago our pick was gonna net us at least 2 first rounders possibly 3 and people said i was reaching to much.And look where we are at now,with RG3 tearing up the combine our pick has become so valuable right now so many teams want this kid lets see who has the balls to trade with us.Redskins rumored to offer 1,2,3 this year and 2 next year(i read the same article it said they might even throw in a 3rd next year) thats insane i hope they do this because we need alot more than 1 player to make this team good and this would help us out tremendously to getting back into contention for the NFC west.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Redskins Trade?

" The Washington Post reports the Redskins are willing to pay a "handsome price," including first-round picks this year and next year, to land Baylor's Robert Griffin III.In addition to the pair of first-rounders, the Redskins are also willing to part with multiple picks in the "upper to mid-round range," matching the compensation the Chargers received for Eli Manning back in 2004. Should the Skins get outbid by the Browns, they will reportedly target Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill as a fallback option at No. 6 overall. The team is expected to pursue a veteran QB, such as Kyle Orton, to pair with RGIII or Tannehill. "

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Re: Redskins Trade?

With RGIII's stock rising, let's hope for a real bidding war!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

I am highly anxious to see the haul we eventually end up getting and with who.

Because in reality I think it's a matter of when, not if.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12