• 1 Post By TylerBishop
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By BarronWade
  • 1 Post By cfh128

Thread: Talent Infusion Mock Draft, assuming Fisher and Trades

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Talent Infusion Mock Draft, assuming Fisher and Trades

I won't go over FA stuff, or re-signings, I will leave that for further analysis. This is about getting value and impact out of our picks.

Cleveland trades us both their firsts for ours along with a 3rd and a 2nd and 3rd next year. They need a QB they are talking about Seneca Wallace competing for the job next year...seriosuly, Pat knows that means his job will be on the line. They will go get RG3 with our pick, Pat has already said he loves him (that may be hyperbole, but who knows).. they need a QB and we will sell them one.

Only going to round 4, includes 6 in the top hundred!

Pick #1 1st round (Tra: Clev - 4 overall) - Justin Blackmon, WR
    -An elite WR talent we can only achieve here in the draft

Pick #2 1st round (Tra: Clev - 22 overall) - Alfonzo Dennard, CB

- A starting day 1 talent that is said to be able to play inside and outside. He can start in Nickel and Dime packages, and Lord knows we need that depth for CB #1 and 2. He will likely be a starter you can win with by year 2.

Pick #3 2nd round ( 34 overall) - Kelechi Osemele, OG/OT-
    - A top-tier elite talent at G or T, a day one starter
    . A guy who can be a top 5 at his position by year 2. Built in the mold of Mike Iupati.
    Pick #4 3rd round (67 overall) - Ronnel Lewis, LB
    - former first round candidate, was forced out due to injury last year. Assuming he shows at the combine that he is healthy, he is a great candidate here because there enough guys in front of him now to have him fall to us here. He is a great athlete that can play ST and contribute in 2012 in the starting lineup.

Pick #5 3rd round (Tra: Clev 79 overall)- Marvin McNutt, WR
    - A guy projected as a developmental #1 receiver. Has displayed that he can make exceptional plays, and create separation against top talent.He can play rotationally day 1, and develop into a guy that can play consistently by the end of the season.To me he is the kind of guy the Steelers draft in this position that turns into a superstar. watch his game film, I can't believe the guy isn't projected higher (likely Iowas fault)

Pick #6 4th round (99 overall) -
    Kevin Zeitler, OG/OC
    - listed as a guy who could be a "gritty starter" year one. A phenomenal run blocker that must develop pass-blocking, and is said to have skill set to do so. A guy we can use for inside depth, and to fight for starting time.
    Last edited by TylerBishop; -01-07-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    viper likes this.

viper is offline Registered User

Re: Talent Infusion Mock Draft, assuming Fisher and Trades

Looks good! I might consider a DT in there before a WR at pick 5. But, if we lose Lloyd, another WR may be necessary. Good job.
    ManofGod likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I like it man. Agree with Viper on the DT. But still nice and would be fine with this if it happened.

Thanks. I really thought about DT. Problem is it's a shallow draft at DT and the guys I like would be a reach in the 4th.

I think with McD going to the Devils...er...the Patriots Brandon Llyod will follow. That is a great fit, so we will need WR's. Trust me I hate taking two WO's after what happened last year, but good teams do this and find success. We will still have to nab another FA WR too unfortunately, this is our weakest bunch, and to me it requires more of an overhual than any other part of the team.

The top teams in this league not only have good quarterbacks, but they have great receivers that make them looks good. Think about GB, NO, and NE...

watch Zeitler here. He will make it to us in the 4th, and the guy is just......wow, great run blocker

a complete steal

Kevin Zeitler highlights Nebraska and Penn State.wmv - YouTube

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Very unrealistic. You really expect for them to give up all that to slide up 2 spots? I can guarantee you they wont give all that up. We'd be extremely lucky to land just their 2 First round picks this year..
    mde8352gorams likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Sorry man im not a fan of this draft

First off i dont see why the Browns trade that much to move up 2 spots

2nd i dont like how we dont aggressively go for a Center/Guard if we do receive the 22 pick...At this point we have 3 capable starters at OT Saffold, Smith, Dahl each have shown that when healthy they can perform...and there is a significant drop off from David DeCastro and the rest of the interior lineman

Not a fan of Osemele he is a guard in the NFl and there are clearly better guard prospects available at 33

Also we have depth at WR...Salas and Amendola and Alexander have enough talent to remain on the roster next year with the addition of Blackmon so we do not need a developmental WR we have that

I see what your trying to do with loading up on talent it can really work and i appreciate your post and enjoy reading it but sorry just not a fan
    mde8352gorams likes this.

RamsPorVida is offline Registered User

I'm not saying it will happen but if the Browns want a QB they absolutely would give up that much to move up. It has nothing to do with it just being two spots, it has everything to do with the Skins or Dolphins moving in their ahead of them.

With landry and barkley staying in college the relative value of RG3 (and relative value is how GMs determine these things) has increased to the point where this is a legit possibility.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Very unrealistic. You really expect for them to give up all that to slide up 2 spots? I can guarantee you they wont give all that up. We'd be extremely lucky to land just their 2 First round picks this year..
    According to past draft value charts, the second pick is worth 2,600 points, and the 4th pick is worth 1,800, so the browns would need to give at least 800 points in value, and the 22nd pick is only Worth 780, so we wouldn't be lucky to just get that. Not to mention if there is a bidding war for rg3 the browns may be willing to pay more to prevent another team dealing up with the rams or Vikings, so it might not be unrealistic.

Frankly i like the idea of dealing with the browns, I like both Blackmon and Khalil and we would be guaranteed one or the other plus extra picks.

For those saying it is unrealistic to get those picks, I disagree, I think you're wrong.

There are crazy analysts out there saying that pick is worth 4 1st rounders, this is rather modest IMO based on what everyone says it's worth. Not saying Browns will want it, but they aren't getting better till they get a QB and everyone else knows it. It just depends if they come to terms with it and ante up.

Dennard is an elite CB talent I take him because of our defensive struggles this year.

Osmele is a beast, watch his film. DeCastro is top 15 pick, won't last.

We are bare at WR. Amendola and Clayton are both FA's. That leaves us with Salas, Pettis, Gibson, and DX. None of those guys are starters and half of them shouldn't be on anyone's roster. Not saying we won't resign Amendola, just saying relying on an FA that will have leverage without any other receivers on the roster is careless.

I don't feel I need to defend the picks any more than that,but truth is this we need talent...starters...in key positions, but even more so this year should show that we need NFL caliber depth at all positions.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Good draft for the most part. I have to say I don't think Kevin Zeitler will last to the 4th round and you haven't addressed our need for DT as others have already pointed out. Trading with Cleveland would be good as it saves our being able to land Justin Blackmon, although depending on his combine performance #4 might be a little high for him. We'll have to stay ahead of Jax as they will take him at #7 most likely.

Go Rams!

LionsGuy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post

Cleveland trades us both their firsts for ours along with a 3rd and a 2nd and 3rd next year. They need a QB they are talking about Seneca Wallace competing for the job next year...seriosuly, Pat knows that means his job will be on the line. They will go get RG3 with our pick, Pat has already said he loves him (that may be hyperbole, but who knows).. they need a QB and we will sell them one.

I completely understand that Cleveland needs a QB and am very confident they will take one. But why on earth would Cleveland not only trade up, but trade both their first rounders to move up 2 measily spots, even though they would receive some picks too. Indy is taking Luck. Thats a done deal. All Cleveland has to do is sit and wait til 4 to take RGIII, unless for some reason someone in back of them trades up in front of them. Minnesota aint gonna take RGIII, im pretty confident.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LionsGuy View Post
    I completely understand that Cleveland needs a QB and am very confident they will take one. But why on earth would Cleveland not only trade up, but trade both their first rounders to move up 2 measily spots, even though they would receive some picks too. Indy is taking Luck. Thats a done deal. All Cleveland has to do is sit and wait til 4 to take RGIII, unless for some reason someone in back of them trades up in front of them. Minnesota aint gonna take RGIII, im pretty confident.
    You answered your own question. They would move up because other teams are likely to try to leapfrog them in order to try to draft RG3. Washington, Miami, Seattle, maybe even Kansas City and Jacksonville could all be taking a long hard look at RG3. With Indy taking Luck, the only way to be sure to land their guy would be to trade up to #2.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.