throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rams_man13 Guest

Re: Talk mounts that Bradford won't sign a pre-draft contract

Quote Originally Posted by RedskinsFan View Post
    Oh so who do you want there Mr. My teams is full of star players? A guy who doesn't put up anything close to 11 sacks? You'd rather a guy who throws the ball into triple coverage every play instead of a guy who improves every year in Jason Campbell? Ya ok I'm sure you would lol

And you'll see when it happens. You know it will happen, Mike Shanahan will get his guy. You're nervous and I know it.

Jason Campbell's so great... I think you need to keep him... I mean, he improves every year!

I'm not nervous at all, Mike Shanahan will need to pay a crazy amount to get Sam Bradford and I can deal with that if the Rams decide to go that way.

Also, let's not forget Bradford, his agent, nor the Rams have mentioned anything about a lack of interest in playing for the Rams. This is all the media trying to keep interest on the draft considering the first overall pick has already been decided on.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

You don't seem like you know what you're talking about lol... Dan Snyder is basically known around the league from throwing money on people who don't deserve it and overpaying. Figured you'd have caught on to my joke guess not. Clausen was favored at one point. When the season was still going on up until the Senior Bowl, Clausen was the favorite to go Number 1, Suh then followed.
    Yeah I agree though they could both become good, but it just depends on what's around them I guess. You guys should pick up Golden Tate in the second, now that kid has talent.
    What planet do you live on. Before everyone flipped to Bradford everyone was talking about Suh being the best defensive player since Julius Peppers and Warren Sapp and there was no way you could pass on him. People thought that there wasn't a franchise QB in this draft and that is why it would be easier for the Rams to take Suh, but that has changed Bradford is that Franchise guy. The league has little faith in this QB class outside of Bradford that is why a over the hill Player like Delhome is making so much money in Cleveland, that's Why Charlie Whitehurst is commanding an exorbitant amount in a trade when he has never thrown a pass in the NFL.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Also don't be surprised if we take Clausen and he becomes more successful, remember back in january he was the favored number 1. Only thing that switched that was when the Redskins went open abou their interest in Bradford. Gonna be an exciting day on April 22nd.
    I won't be surprised if Clausen is the more successful NFL pro, but it won't be because the Redskins took him. It will be because his is the superior player and the Redskins don't have a thing to do with that. Clausen was the favoured #1 QB, but stock shifts for a reason. Perhaps you should consider that the reason that Clausen isn't the #1 QB right now is because Sam Bradford simply grades out as the better prospect. Again, it has nothing to do with how the Redskins feel about either player. If Bradford is favoured by the Redskins, there's a solid chance it's because he's favoured by every other man and his dog from here to Tmbuktu. It's because he's the better prospect as of right now.

Oh I'm not saying that's an advantage and never did. I'm saying that's gonna help a guy like Bradford come to the Skins (MONEY).
    Oh and no don't worry about the trade, it's not happening. Unless Shanahan is completely sold on Bradford, Jimmy Clausen will be the future of Washington and a regret you'll have over the next few years.
    As stated above, there's nothing that can help a guy like Bradford come to the Skins if he's selected first overall, which by most accounts he will be. Basic numerology doesn't exactly have your back here. The harsh reality is that if the Rams want Bradford at #1, the Redskins can't have him at #4.

It seems to me like you're carrying with you the presupposition that just because Clausen will play for Washington, (IF he is selected at #4) he is automatically the better pro. As we've seen (and as you yourself have stated) earlier, the fact that the Redskins favour Bradford at this point in time suggests to me that he purports to be the better pro. The team he is drafted to play for has little to do with this.

Oh so who do you want there Mr. My teams is full of star players? A guy who doesn't put up anything close to 11 sacks? You'd rather a guy who throws the ball into triple coverage every play instead of a guy who improves every year in Jason Campbell? Ya ok I'm sure you would lol
    If Jason Campbell is as consistent a player as you're suggesting, why do you want to trade him?

The answer is that he's just not very good.

By the way, whens the last time the Rams have been on a sunday night football game? 2-3 years or what?
    You'd think that coming to a Rams forum, you'd at least have the courtesy to remain civil as a poster and refrain from smack talk. Let me make this clear to you: if you come here to trash our team, you can safely assume we as a collective will treat you and your posts with the same level of respect.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

Great post bar-bq -I agree with all of it.

Regarding the Sam Bradford contract, it's kind of funny because I think a 1st pick hold-out for more than the 75-80 million we'd be offering would almost ensure a rookie salary cap the next year. He could take his chances and start for the Rams, with a young and promising o-line(LT-23, C-26), and SJax, and have a superbowl winning DC building up the D, or he could take his chances re-entering the draft. I actually think because of the possibility of a rookie salary cap, we don't lose much bargaining power by waiting till after the draft to sign him.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

In other news...

Rams | To work out Bradford shortly before NFL Draft
    Mon, 29 Mar 2010 07:51:04 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports while the St. Louis Rams are very likely to select Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, a team source said they will not make a final decision until after the team has a private workout for him April 19, just three days before the NFL Draft.

-----

No word of the so called rumor from Mort.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

What if the Redskins traded Glen Dorsey to us to move up and we got their #4 overall spot?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    What if the Redskins traded Glen Dorsey to us to move up and we got their #4 overall spot?
    Dorsey plays for the Chiefs.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

We don't need to worry too much about signing him if we decide to draft him. He can't threaten to sit out the whole year and reenter the draft next year like Crabtree did. Next year there will be a rookie scale and he'd make significantly less.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    In other news...

Rams | To work out Bradford shortly before NFL Draft
    Mon, 29 Mar 2010 07:51:04 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports while the St. Louis Rams are very likely to select Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft, a team source said they will not make a final decision until after the team has a private workout for him April 19, just three days before the NFL Draft.

-----

No word of the so called rumor from Mort.

This makes it seem like BS anyways. If Bradford didn't want to sign with us, why would he plan a workout.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

As Per Rotoworld:
    Sam Bradford cleared up rumors Tuesday, insisting he has no issues playing in St. Louis and will go where he's drafted.
    Along with the rumors of a Redskins push to trade up for Bradford, it's also been speculated that the quarterback would prefer not to play for the Rams. While we can understand a desire to be tutored by Mike Shanahan, we were left wondering why Bradford would want to get stuck behind the Redskins' tattered offensive line.
    Looks like what the little Redskins fan was saying was Bunk, huh? who knew

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123