Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tampa Rams Super Amazing Awesome Final 2012 Mock Draft!!!!!!!!!!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Tampa Rams Super Amazing Awesome Final 2012 Mock Draft!!!!!!!!!!

Justin Blackmon
    Wide Receiver - OKU
    6'1, 207 lbs

Fisher realizes, with the help of Sneads persuasion, that Sam needs young elite weapons if he is to succeed. Blackmon is the last of the top-6 blue chippers and we get lucky and falls to us. With Blackmon on one side and Steve Smith on the other our passing game gets a much needed upgrade. Blackmon is as consistent as they come, unlike other wr's in the draft that disappeared in games Blackmon was a constant all game every game, even when teams focused on him with double coverage and knew he would be thrown to a lot he still produced. Blackmon is a great route runner with good speed and soft hand and fights for the ball at the point of attack. A very physical receiver, he has no problem going over the middle of the field(which should be great for Shotty's offense) and is great at getting yards after the catch. Sam now has two young #1 and #2 wr's. Steve Smith is just 26 and had a down season last year but if he can return to his Giants form we'll be in great shape. Blackmon makes Sam a very very happy man.
    2010 stats - 111 catches, 1782 yards, 16.1 ave, 20 td's
    2011 stats - 121 catches, 1522 yards, 12.6 ave, 18 td's
    Career - 252 catches, 3564 yards, 13.9 ave, 40 td's

Brandon Thompson
    Defensive Tackle - Clemson
    6'2, 314 lbs

With the other top DT's already off the board, the Rams take Thompson. He is a big ugly pure and simple. He's an excellent run stuffing DT that eats double teams for breakfast. The Rams had problems stopping the run last year and Thompson is one of the pieces that is drafted to help fix that. Has an excellent burst off the snap to help with pass rush. Thompson is also very smart(honor roll) and a gym rat(36 reps of 225), this helps translate onto the field and he knows what must be done and uses his strength to get it done. Although he has marginal upside, he will be a consistent run stuffing machine. Nicknamed "Yams" for his massive thighs.
    2010 - 56 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 1 sack, 15 qb pressures, 3 pass break ups
    2011 - 77 tackles, 8 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 18 qb pressures
    Career - 208 tackles, 22.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 47 qb hurries, 9 PBU's, 2FF, 3 FR

Kelechi Osemele
    Guard/Offensive Tackle - Iowa State
    6'6, 333lbs

Osemele played LT for Iowa but will be moved inside in the nfl as it'll be his best fit. If a tackle goes down on either side he could stand in till they return. Osemele is a huge man and will be our starting LG. 35-1/4 arms and 85 1/2 wingspan and 10 3/8 hands(basically hes a huge beast). Loves using his strength to overwhelm defenders in run blocking, a mauler if you will. As a pass-blocker, Osemele attacks his opponent with a violent first punch instead of waiting for the defender to come to him. Opponents can rarely get past him and has an excellent anchor so bull rushes are futile. Very strong and plays with a mean streak.

Tommy Streeter
    Wide Reciever - Miami
    6'5, 219 lbs

Now i have been on the bandwagon of grabbing a wr in the 1st round and the 2nd, but i really dont see the Rams pulling the trigger on that, so when they see Streeter still around in the 3rd,knowing he won't be around in the 4th, they pull the trigger. I am bassing this pick on that DX wont be back next year with us. Streeter is a project wide reciever but could fit into Shottys system to be our version of what Plaxico was with the Jets. He'd be a much needed red-zone threat. Streeter is a tall, long armed, speedy(4.38 40) with a big catching radius. Only a one year starter, will take time to develop better route running and to work on his inconsistent hands but has all the tools to be an impact player. He could stand to gain some weight and another year at Miami could've helped him develop and make him a much higher draft choice in 2013. Once again i'll say, he will be a great red-zone threat, something we havent had in a long time. Will stretch the field and take double teams away from Blackmon and Smith.
    2011 - 46 catches
    , 811 yards, 17.6 ave, 8 td's

Bernard Pierce
    Running back - Temple

6'0, 214 lbs

SJax has needed a young back behind him to help carry the load a few years now, and with Fisher running things he finally gets the help he deserves. Some people dont see Pierce as an every down back and will only be good in a two-back system. I believe once SJax hits the wall, Pierce will be able to take over as the #1 rb for us. At the combine he ran a 4.5 40 but ran 4.34 to 4.37 at his pro day. Pierce is an upright, one-cut runner who has a good feel for working between the tackles. He is able to get a natural lean to cut up and avoid trash at the point of attack, and does a good job of bracing for contact to deliver blows. He is a natural mover in short areas who is capable of being productive in the right scheme. He can elude in space and has a feel for getting to daylight. He does need some coaching up, but learning for a few years behind SJax will help that. Pierce is projected as a 3rd rounder, but i could see him slip into the 4th.
    Has had one concussion and one hamstring injury limiting him to starting 24 out of 34 possible games.
    2011 - 273 carries, 1481 yards, 5.4 ave, 27 td's
    Career - 663 carries, 3570 yards, 5.3 ave, 53 td's

Cliff Harris
    Cornerback - Oregon
    5'11, 175 lbs

Due to a variety of run-ins with the law in 2011 Harris was limited to just six games(9 tackles, 1 interception). Cliff Harris was an electric playmaker for Oregon in 2010. He totaled six interceptions, 33 tackles and 17 passes defensed in 2010. He also is a dynamic punt returner with four punts brought back for touchdowns. Harris needs to add some bulk to his frame for the NFL. He is very fast and agile. If not for his off-field indiscretions, Harris would certainly be a higher round draft choice. If Fisher can straighten him out, Harris would a great pick up here. Harris is a cover corner with big-play capabilities. Would also be used as our primary punt returner.
    Career - 61 tackles, 8 int's, 1 td
    38 punt returns, 614 yards, 16.2 ave, 4 td's

Danny Trevathan
    OLB, Kentucky
    6'0, 237 lbs

In his senior season, Trevathan recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four interceptions, five forced fumbles and five passes broken up. Led the SEC in tackling in both 2010 and 2011. He finished sixth in the nation in total tackles. Trevathan added some bulk for 2011 without losing his speed. He is a physical and explosive linebacker who routinely makes splash plays. Trevathan flies around the football field and dishes out some devastating hits. He is a sleeper prospect who made game-changing plays all year long.
    2011 - 143 total tackles, 3 sacks, 4 interceptions, 5 Passed defended, 1 FR
    2010 - 144 total tackles, 3 sacks, 3 passes defended

Shawn Powell
    Punter, Florida State
    6'4, 235 lbs

(picture wouldn't load)
    Powell led the nation with 47 yards per punt in 2011. He entered the year sharing the Florida State record for punting average, but after his big senior season, the record is entirely his. In his career at Florida State, Powell averaged 46 yards per punt. Had 24 punts of 50 or more yards with at least one 50-plus yarder in nine of 13 games...23 punts downed inside the 20 which included 14 inside the 10-yard line
    Career - 52 Games, 168 punts, 7424 yards, 44.2 ave, 19 TB, 18 FC, 56 inside 20, 54 of 50+ yards, Long 69 yards

Well there you have it folks. Let me know what you think, what you like, how much you hate it, etc.

Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -04-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    ManofGod, GROUND DOG 39 and ZiaRam like this.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Tampa Rams Super Amazing Awesome Final 2012 Mock Draft!!!!!!!!!!

i can't fault it really. personally i would if GM use the latter rounds to draft linemen as that is just a formula i would use in every draft,but can't fault who you have selected there this time.

Well done Tampa. IMO the best mock to date.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i can't fault it really. personally i would if GM use the latter rounds to draft linemen as that is just a formula i would use in every draft,but can't fault who you have selected there this time.

Well done Tampa. IMO the best mock to date.
    Wow, thanks man, thats a huge compliment, much appreciated. Took me a while to do this mock.

I understand the drafting of linemen late in the draft and would of liked to get at least one more, just hard to fill so many needs with certain number of picks.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Wow, thanks man, thats a huge compliment, much appreciated. Took me a while to do this mock.

I understand the drafting of linemen late in the draft and would of liked to get at least one more, just hard to fill so many needs with certain number of picks.
    i just like linemen on both sides of the ball being picked with late round picks because of the higher success rate compared to other positions.normally i would have been dead against a "skill position" like CB being taken there as would see it as a wasted pick, but with Fish the way he helped turn a 7th rounder like Finnegan into a top tier CB, i really like the Cliff Harris pick up.
    also having Finnegan there to mentor him i think we could really strike gold aslong as he listens to them, i think him coming to the Rams would be the best possible fit for himself too.

i`ve not seen much of Trevathan but he sounds like a possible stud that should be taken earlier. what am i missing to make him fall to the 7th? bad combine?

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Very solid until the 6th round when you suddenly stopped picking people with orange/reddish jerseys. You have to stay true to your color palette er.. Draft board. (seriously though good work )

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i`ve not seen much of Trevathan but he sounds like a possible stud that should be taken earlier. what am i missing to make him fall to the 7th? bad combine?
    Not sure, i looked for what i could and all i could find is some people saying he's undersized at 6'0 237 lbs, but thats in the same range as many of the top 10 OLB's in this draft. I read he was suspended for one quarter of one game against Florida for violating team rules the week before. But i don't think being suspened for 1 quarter ruined his stock. Not really sure why he's rated this low. i think he is a great sleeper pick. His 40 times are between 4.65 and 4.85. For a 7th rounder i think hes great value and could be a tackling stud for us.
    Ramblin` Ram likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Very solid until the 6th round when you suddenly stopped picking people with orange/reddish jerseys. You have to stay true to your color palette er.. Draft board. (seriously though good work )
    lolol, wow, i didn't even realize that dang Harris ruined everything for me. nice catch lol and thank you

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I really do like the potential pairing of Blackmon and Streeter on the outside.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Excellent draft. Would be very happy if it ends up working out this way.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Nice work, man

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Not sure, i looked for what i could and all i could find is some people saying he's undersized at 6'0 237 lbs, but thats in the same range as many of the top 10 OLB's in this draft. I read he was suspended for one quarter of one game against Florida for violating team rules the week before. But i don't think being suspened for 1 quarter ruined his stock. Not really sure why he's rated this low. i think he is a great sleeper pick. His 40 times are between 4.65 and 4.85. For a 7th rounder i think hes great value and could be a tackling stud for us.
    I'm a huge Trevathan fan. Easily, the most underrated player in the draft.

He led the SEC in tackles 2 years in a row. He led all SEC linebackers in Int. and PD. He was 4th among SEC linebackers in TFLs. All this yet he still was overlooked by the coaches for 1st team All-SEC honors.

The only thing I see is that none of his measurables jump out at you. His size, speed, agility, strength, explosiveness........none of his numbers make anyone say, wow! But his game film is a different story. All the guy does is makes plays.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

I like it nice draft. I'm not sure we need to draft a CB, but he could be a steal due to his issues and he's a playmaker on ST.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Love the first three picks.

Like Streeter in Round 3, but I would also want to know which RBs and LBs are still on the board.

Good job!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I love most of the picks. Love Thompson in Round 2, and Trevathan in 7. Cliff Harris is the only thing I'd change about this draft.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I love most of the picks. Love Thompson in Round 2, and Trevathan in 7. Cliff Harris is the only thing I'd change about this draft.
    Understandable, Harris is kinda my wild card pick. I like to think of him as a late round Pacman Jones who hasn't messed up his NFL career yet and has the possibility of getting his life together. Harris has early round potential and if he can be controlled would be as big of a steal as Trevathan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast