RamWraith is offline Registered User

Team 1380 Jim Thomas 4/18

Team 1380 Jim Thomas 4/18

Transcribed by Agamemnon

Jim Thomas
    Gholston is the 4th place guy.
    On the Rams draft board it is either McF / Dorsey or Dorsey / McF at 1 and 2.
    I would keel over if they took McF. They have so many other needs.

Randy K
    Both Don Banks at SI and Gosselin have Miami taking Gholston.
    What happens if Miami does take Gholston?

Jim Thomas
    Then it gets very interesting. Because then I think you are going to have a split among offensive and defensive sides of the ball. You guys aware of Jeff Ireland? ......Heard about J ireland's slip of the tongue. ......it is hard to fake being embarassed and getting red faced. He should be in Hollywood. .... That was a slip. And I maintain, at least for the last week or so, that for Miami it is going to be Jake Long and Gholston. Convienently they have the same agent.

So, If that indeed is the case, then what do the Rams do? I would bet they would have a higher grade on Dorsey, but you know they want to protect Bulger and you've got a new offensive coordinator in here. You've got an offensive minded coach and you still are not sure on Pace..................Barron??? I don't know how to call that one. .

QB?, Flacco and Henne look like 2cd or 3rd round guys. Some people think Flacco might be the second QB taken. I think the Rams maybe are hoping one of those guys slip. I am thinking maybe fourth or fifth round they take a QB. ..... maybe in round 6 they take a qb.

Bernie
    Let's say Miami would take Gholston. That would leave Jake, Chris, and Dorsey. Handicap that 3 man field.

Jim Thomas
    40 % Dorsey
    40 % Jake
    20 % Chris

Randy. You can a DE in 2cd.....You can find a speed rusher later

Jim Thomas
    If you go defense in the 1st round then you have to look WR in the 2nd.
    maybe at #33 a high grade slips, maybe CB or OT... If you don't have one speedster, at least in the slot, teams are just going to load up the box on S.Jackson

Bernie, Who do the rams like at wr?

Jim Thomas
    DeSean Jackson, Linehan likes him. This is from someone at the league meetings. ..........Consider Al Saunders history..........
    DeSean is excellent at slot reciever and pr
    Hardy, but some court trouble
    That is two that they like. They like Sweed too, but he has a wrist injury. They are all in the mix plus others.

Randy, if we take Dorsey, what is Adam's role?

Jim Thomas
    Devaney explained it pretty well. ........ Hall, Little, Adam , and Dorsey...........then on running downs.......... Adam DE then mabye Dorsey and Ryan inside........this is undoubtably Glover's last year. Wroten might have trouble making the club.

Randy, if their best player is at corner at #33, do they go CB?

Jim Thomas
    Oh yeah, mabye Godfrey or Cason, .. I guess?. Second round, it could be WR, CB, or if the don't take Jake, it could be OT.

Draft Talk with Jim Thomas

Thomas thought that it seemed that Devaney agreed that Gholston takes plays off by his non comment about him yesterday on the show.

Jim said he would keel over if the Rams take Darren McFadden. If Miami takes Gholston, Thomas thinks it will be very interesting to see if the Rams would go with Glenn Dorsey or with Jake Long because they need to protect Bulger. Jim said he thinks Chris Long is in third place for the Rams, and that he thinks it will be 40% chance they take Dorsey,
    40% Jake Long, and 20% Chris Long.

The Rams are hoping a QB like Chad Henne slips to the 4th, 5th, or 6th round for them.

The guys covered many other topics and you can listen to the interview by clicking below.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Team 1380 Jim Thomas 4/18

i always thought that draft boards were ranked going by talent alone, and that need isnt factored in at all.
    So its very much possible that McFadden and Dorsey are 1 and 2 on the draft board, but that still doesnt mean someone from the two Longs or Gholston is taken by the Rams because the need is much higher. There also isnt a lot of difference in the talent of the five players i have mentioned, all would help this football team.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i always thought that draft boards were ranked going by talent alone, and that need isnt factored in at all.
    So its very much possible that McFadden and Dorsey are 1 and 2 on the draft board, but that still doesnt mean someone from the two Longs or Gholston is taken by the Rams because the need is much higher.
    That's basically what it comes down to. You evaluate the prospects, grade them, and then stack them on your board based on those grades. Then when the pick comes up, you've got to make that determination based on what's there. If you've got two guys at the top of your board with a similar grade, and one fills a need, that's probably going to be the pick. If you've got one guy who doesn't fill as much of a need but is grade is significantly higher than the next guy, that's when (IMO) you start seeing teams go in different directions.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Is Jim Thomas helping the smoke screen? Does he really think that Chris Long is 3rd place when we have a big gaping hole at DE?

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Is Jim Thomas helping the smoke screen? Does he really think that Chris Long is 3rd place when we have a big gaping hole at DE?
    Yeah, Jim's "in on it" too......I also thought I saw him on the "grassy knoll" in '63 on the Zapruder film.....