View Poll Results: Which team would you rather us have?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • High character team that is 1-15

4 17.39%
  • Questionable character team that is 14-2 and makes the playoffs

19 82.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Which team would you rather us have?

Why can't you have high character guys who are talented? Honestly, if i had a choice between two guys, A and B. Guy A is the better talent but has had a bunch of off field incidents and is a cancer, where as Guy B isn't as talented but is a stand up guy on and off the field and a model citizen. I will take Guy B every time.

Look at the rams last year, we were losing a bunch. Most teams that lose that many games end up with some story breaking out about how the team is falling apart and locker room issues. Nothing like that was heard from the Rams, this IMO is overlooked and something that i look at as a reason to have faith in our team. Have a team play together, with average to above average players is much better than having a bunch of superstar me players.

Hey if you want a bunch of trash players then go to the Bengalis site, I don't think Spags is going to chance his philosophy because you are having a hissy fit over what was said in another thread.

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

I believe the RAMS are going the character way of things may be a bit slower process but I agree with it

all others will have to decide wether to jump on or off

1-15 with character for now

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Why can't you have high character guys who are talented? Honestly, if i had a choice between two guys, A and B. Guy A is the better talent but has had a bunch of off field incidents and is a cancer, where as Guy B isn't as talented but is a stand up guy on and off the field and a model citizen. I will take Guy B every time.
    IMO its always weighing what gives you the best chance of winning. Every situation is different and you have to weigh both character and talent. As far as Spags he did have a killer on his team last year that did not learn from his mistakes(Little). Have you been lobbying to get rid of Little the last few years??

Okay now suppose in your scenario you knew guy A was young and was much better then guy B. Say you knew he would get you to 10-6 and making the playoffs and with guy B you would be an 8-8 team and miss the playoffs which would you choose?
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-03-2010 at 02:27 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    As far as Spags he did have a killer on his team last year that did not learn from his mistakes(Little). Have you been lobbying to get rid of Little the last few years??
    what makes you think he hasnt learned from his mistakes?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Is it basically a question of whether you prefer a 1-15 team that'll do better in the future or a 14-2 team that'll eventually be torn apart? If that's the case I'll go with the 1-15 option. Better be more specific with your details OP as they can broaden numerous results in either opposing factors.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Just to get a definition of what a team with character issues is?

How many of the teams winning superbowls the last 10 years have had character issues?

Are the Patsies a low character team because they pick up a player with issues now and then like Moss? or because they cheat?

Are the Steelers a low character team because Big Ben can't control his Big Ben?

Are the Ravens because of Lewis?

If the above mentioned teams are low character teams than even the Colts must have character issues because Harrison also was involved in some gun related issues. Even the Rams with Little on the team.

Actually the question you raised made me think how many teams in the NFL does really have character issues? Bengals offcourse but else? One could argue that most teams have one or two bad apples.

If one or two bad apples = character issues than I would vote for the 14-2 season.
    Last edited by clarasDK; -04-03-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Is it basically a question of whether you prefer a 1-15 team that'll do better in the future or a 14-2 team that'll eventually be torn apart? If that's the case I'll go with the 1-15 option. Better be more specific with your details OP as they can broaden numerous results in either opposing factors.
    Its specfic enough its a won loss record by two types of teams you can answer the hypothetical question without trying to change it to fit your desired selection which by the way is the unpopular selection.

As for doing better in the future its hard to not do better in the future when you can only have 1 more game lose before going 0-16 or you have the chance to win 1 of 15 games to get better in the future as you put it giving you a 2-14 team. So you would rather root for a 2-14 team then a 14-2 team that is a better team in the future as you put it. Besides just looking at the future do you ever live in the here and now? One thing our 6-42 record should have taught you is if that if you get a chance to go from 1-15 to 14-2 take it because 1-15 don't sale ticketts and its not much fun to watch. Are you a Chicago Cub fan as well? They have been saying wait until next year since their last world Series win in 1908. You are not really a true fan if you prefer your team to go 1-15 instead of 14-2. What do you root for the color of the uniforms, the players post game speech, how many times a guy says please and thank you, you obviously don't root for winnning if you would take a 1-15 team over a 14-2 team that goes to the playoffs.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-03-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Benjamin 100 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Exactly, are you talking about one season or future included?

I mean, you can take the Chargers, for example...

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    Just to get a definition of what a team with character issues is?

How many of the teams winning superbowls the last 10 years have had character issues?

Are the Patsies a low character team because they pick up a player with issues now and then like Moss? or because they cheat?

Are the Steelers a low character team because Big Ben can't control his Big Ben?

Are the Ravens because of Lewis?

If the above mentioned teams are low character teams than even the Colts must have character issues because Harrison also was involved in some gun related issues. Even the Rams with Little on the team.

Actually the question you raised made me think how many teams in the NFL does really have character issues? Bengals offcourse but else? One could argue that most teams have one or two bad apples.

If one or two bad apples = character issues than I would vote for the 14-2 season.
    There are some good examples of players that have character issues and yet the teams where successfull. But some people would rather root for the color of the uniform, how nice a player is, and the future instead of also looking at the present as well as the future. Some people would rather be miserable and throw out ways to fix a team then to have a good team that don't need fixed. Some people live in misery. The Patriots who many think run their organization good took in Randy Moss because his talent outweighed his character and what a high character replacement players talent would be.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-03-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    It's hypothetical in hypothetical you deal with what you know. What we know is one team went 14-2 and the other went 1-15 so obviously the stuff you mentioned did not happen. It's not that hard to understand.
    No, it's not that hard to understand. I could ask if people would rather live in a fantasy world where we always win or reality where we don't. What exactly would that prove?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I guess i'd rather have the team that goes 14-2. Its all about winning games, right?

atcchris is offline Registered User

I'll play the silly little game... if these are absoutely the only 2 choices, I pick character every day of the week... but it's a ridiculous "choice"... as the example with the Colts illustrates... but at the end of the day, IF you have bad character, you live with that the rest of your life.. Pete Rose, OJ Simpson, etc.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i watch the Rams because I want to see them WIN. i don't watch it to learn about player character.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_man13 View Post
    stupid poll is stupid...

of course we'd rather have winners
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    What a horrible and useless question. Causing un-needed drama.
    lol exactly everyone wants to win.

ANd what does this have to do with the draft or free agency?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12