Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Teams interested in TO dropping like flies...

Half the league has already openly spoke about how they are not interested in signing TO, yet the Rams haven't formally came out and spoken yet denying there interest. Maybe we are weighing all of our options now that Holt wants out, and we have a DIRE need at WR once he is released, and now have an outlet and can look somewhere else other then Crabtree on draft day? I know many are against this and I am probably going to get ripped for this post..but i wouldn't mind seeing TO at all in a Rams uniform next year...

we really need him, and IF we sign him..I will definately hop off the Michael Crabtree train and jump on the Aaron Curry/Jason Smith train

Could you imagine this offense:
    QB-Bulger
    RB-Jackson
    WR-Owens
    WR-Avery
    WR-Burton
    TE-McMichael
    LT-Alex Barron
    LG-Jacob Bell
    C-Jason Brown
    RG-Richie Incognito
    RT-Jason Smith
    With our defense adding James Butler this could be our best offseason in years...

Re: Teams interested in TO dropping like flies...

This is an interesting tidbit stating the pros and cons to TO from an article i read which states the Rams as a possible landing spot:
    The Pros...

1. He's still productive.

Say what you want about the guy's other issues, but he puts up numbers. He had 69 catches for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Cowboys this past season. That's a down year for Owens. It's a career year for some receivers. In three seasons with the Cowboys, he totaled 235 catches for 3,587 yards and 38 touchdowns. He's topped 1,000 receiving yards in eight of the last nine seasons, and the only time he didn't was in 2005 for the Eagles when he played in only seven games. Clearly, he can play.

2. He can make a good team better.

Yes, the Eagles got rid of Owens after his disruptive behavior played a central role in sinking their 2005 season. But that came after the Eagles, with Owens, reached the Super Bowl in the 2004 season. That was a very good Eagles team that lapped the field in the NFC. Those Eagles were minus Owens, who was hurt, throughout the NFC playoffs. But having Owens had given the Eagles a swagger that they hadn't possessed without him. Having Owens transformed that Eagles club from good to superb. Have you seen the Eagles, under Reid and McNabb, in a Super Bowl without Owens? No.

3. He wasn't THAT bad in Dallas, was he?

He's difficult. He's a diva. He wants the ball all the time. Even when he gets the ball thrown his way a lot, he still complains. But does that make him all that different from other headliner wide receivers in the NFL? At least he backs it up with almost-ceaseless production.

The cons...

1. His age.

He's 35. He'll turn 36 before next season ends. His best days as a player perhaps are behind him, and at some point the production will drop to the point that the headaches he causes won't even begin to be worth it.

2. His diva act.

The ***** had enough and traded him. The Eagles had enough and sent him home, then cut him. The Cowboys apparently have had enough. Owens didn't get along with Jeff Garcia. He didn't get along with McNabb. He went from tearfully defending Tony Romo in Dallas to, reportedly, accusing him of being too chummy with tight end Jason Witten to the exclusion of throwing the ball to Owens. It's beginning to appear there's simply no team--and no quarterback--with which this guy can make things work.

3. His drops.

He catches a lot of passes. But he drops a lot of passes, too. Part of the reason that his receiving numbers are so good is that he demands to have so many passes thrown his way, and he doesn't catch all of them. He often is among the league leaders in dropped passes, making him something like an NBA player who scores 25 points a night but needs to take far too many shots to do it. At some point, it's simply not worth it to have him around.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I personally wouldn't mind T.O. However, there isn't anyone on this team right now that would get in his face and call him out if he puts on the Diva act.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    I have an "Inside" source that says we are going to have him im for a visit and see where his head is at this point in his carrer.
    is it a legit source

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    we really need him
    No, no we don't.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I could see him landing with the Bucs, Raiders, Skins, Vikes, Seahawks (less likely with Hous), maybe the 9ers

I'd prefer to NOT see him in a Rams uni. Would he make our receiving corps better? Yes. Is it worth swallowing the cyanide pill for? Not remotely.

I would MUCH rather draft a WR that's not a 35-year old locker room cancer. There's a right way to do things, and a wrong way. TO represents the latter. JMO
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -03-05-2009 at 05:10 PM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

TO wasn't bad in Dallas. Most of the bad rep that he got in Dallas was just the media making a huge deal out of everything TO said and did. I really don't want him on the Rams but if Dallas fans really think that Terrel Owens was their team's only problem then they need to think again.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Why dont people understand that the nfl is not madden football?

The rams are starting a new era under spags. The last thing in the world we need is the potential distractions and drama that come with TO. Keep in mind he is 35 and on the downside of his career. Is he still productive? Sure. Is he likely to be a good influence on avery and burton? Not a chance. THe upside is not the same as it was when he joined the eagles and simply put, we are hardly one talented aging receiver away from the superbowl. If we were, we could keep torry holt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I would rather go 2-14 again next year then having TO on the team (the same goes for Vick when he comes back)!

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    I would rather go 2-14 again next year then having TO on the team (the same goes for Vick when he comes back)!
    lol then you are a terrible fan..i never want to go 2-14 again.

pikers is offline Registered User

Yeah here's the problem. TO's a punk that can't keep his mouth shut when things don't EXACTLY go his way. Not enough touches? Complains. Loses too much? Complains. Whatever the case is, he's a cancer.

We're not going to be a powerhouse this year. That means TO won't want anything to do with us, since things probably won't go exactly by the script he's imagined in his head.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-05-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Watch the language

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    lol then you are a terrible fan..i never want to go 2-14 again.
    Better than 6-10 and "this team will self-destruct at some point during the season."

We don't need that prima donna. Ever.

/doesn't he lead the league in drops anyway?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Anyone who want's T.O. should have to use this as their avatar:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Oh man, the milk that turns chocolate after that cereal has soaked awhile is quite tasty.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind T.O. However, there isn't anyone on this team right now that would get in his face and call him out if he puts on the Diva act.

this is EXACTLY what ive been thinking..but TXRAM, think about this for a sec..maybe that might play out to be a good thing. Im not saying it'd be good for him to come out and go crazy in the locker room, but he might just not have anything to prove to the other players and that MiGHT(we are talking about TO) mean he'd tone it down a bit..He's a great player, with a huge ego..he will only fit under the right system with the right people around him..

The question is, for those of you that wouldnt mind TO on the team, do you think the players/coaches around him would be good for HiM??..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast