Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barry Waller

Thread: Teams Unwilling To Deal Second Rounders In This Draft

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Teams Unwilling To Deal Second Rounders In This Draft

Even the Falcon's supposed push for Clowney seems to be less likely because of the value of high picks this year, especially second round picks.

However, I do see teams giving up #3 and/or #4 picks to move up in round one, especially ones like the Niners with extra three's.

So how far can a team move up with just a third round pick as the extra for the team trading down?

According to the trade chart, the Niners could move up from 30 to 21 for just one of their higher extra #3 picks. Two thirds would get them as high as 17.

The cost to get to the top 14 or so will be much higher in this draft.

Say a team wants to get above Cleveland at 26 to get a QB. The cost for say the Texans at 33 to get to 26 would be a four and a five. They could get to pick 17 just for their third rounder. according to the chart.

As long as the cost is just a third or less, or picks in 2015, teams will be looking hard to move up, but I can't see a lot of second rounders flying in deals around this year, which isn't great for the Rams.

However, even adding a high third in a short deal down could allow the Rams to get a really good QB there.
    laram0 likes this.

Barry Waller

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Teams Unwilling To Deal Second Rounders In This Draft

Based on the thread title, I thought this was a report. However, it does not appear that you have any information regarding teams' willingness to trade second round picks, so I guess you are just speculating.

I find it hard to imagine the Rams moving down more than a spot or two from either of their first round picks if a second round is not offered in return.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind moving from 13 to early to mid 20s.. if it means we get 2 extra 3rd rounders

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I find it hard to imagine the Rams moving down more than a spot or two from either of their first round picks if a second round is not offered in return.
    Agree - and I think we should stick to our guns. If someone really wants a player they will offer us what we want as considered reasonable and we should not accept that just because the draft is deep that we will accept a 3rd instead of a 2nd on a trade down. The reason they want to trade up is because they really want a player so stay tough and demand that 2nd. If no trade we are still going to get a stud no matter what.