Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Ted Ginn Jr declares for draft

Ohio state WR/KR Ted Ginn Jr decares for the nfl draft, I read this off the espn ticker

Built RAM tough

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Ted Ginn Jr declares for draft

Yep, he's on his way to the show.

Country is offline Registered User

If the Rams go defense in free agency I would be fine with the Rams taking Tedd Ginn jr.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    If the Rams go defense in free agency I would be fine with the Rams taking Tedd Ginn jr.
    There's no way free-agency can just fix our defensive problems. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for defensive players 1st round this year and next year in the draft.
    Last edited by Varg6; -01-15-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

If we draft Ted Ginn I will cry.

There's no way free-agency can just fix our defensive problems.
    Give me a the needs and I will get you the players from the FA pool.

I will help with the list.

DE
    MLB or OLM
    DT
    S

anything else?
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-15-2007 at 10:10 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Ted Ginn is going to pay big dividends for some team the same way Maurice Jones-Drew has for the Jags, it won't however be the Rams, nor should it be.

Ted Ginn is going to pay big dividends for some team the same way Maurice Jones-Drew has for the Jags, it won't however be the Rams, nor should it be.
    I'm willing to wait until I see what we add in FA before I write off any postion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Give me a the needs and I will get you the players from the FA pool.

I will help with the list.

DE
    MLB or OLM
    DT
    S

anything else?
    Hard to say right now because of the fact that we don't know if Curtis and/or Mcdonald will be back, but I'd say we still need some more depth with the o-line. I agree with your list though, what can you come up with? What names did you have in mind exactly?

...Trust me, I would love to get a new potential playmaker in punt/kickoff returns and at WR, but I just find it hard to believe that we can go to free-agency, get all these wonderful players, sign them to the appropriate contracts that suit the team's organzation well and say, "Ok, we don't need to draft at defense for our 1st round pick, our defense will be fine! Lets get a damn playmaker!" If we can say that, then go right ahead, get Ginn Jr...but thats not going to happen, and I think we all know that from the past few years of atrocious defense.

This is why there are real contract negotiations with real businessmen and women...and fantasy football

I would love to get Ginn Jr., have him learn from the best (Holt, Bruce, Ellard; WR coach) and keep making big plays for our team, continue a legacy of brilliant WRs, but at this point, I want to focus on whats most important, and last time I checked we weren't going to the playoffs with a 31st ranked run defense, and a mediocre (if that) pass defense.
    Last edited by Varg6; -01-15-2007 at 11:26 PM.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Ahaha, bigdaddypace, lol, that was funny dude, thanks for the laugh
    Built RAM tough

I want to focus on whats most important, and last time I checked we weren't going to the playoffs with a 31st ranked run defense, and a mediocre (if that) pass defense.
    This I agree with, 1OO%.

Hard to say right now because of the fact that we don't know if Curtis and/or Mcdonald will be back.
    Let assume they both are gone, the Rams from what I have read have no interest in McD. And Curtis will be a bit pricey, money better spent on the D. As you pointed out.

I agree with your list though
    I though you might, although I donít think we have a first round pick in mind for a safety. MLB seems to be set with spoon, some including myself felt he needed to be moved outside, but seems like the DC likes him in the middle and feels he will get better; there was a learning cure. Once we get rid of Glover too small too old and get a big body in there he will be more effective.

I believe that it was a learning cure throughout the defense last year. New coach new players, new scheme takes awhile, Iím not saying that the answer, we need to get better.

Needs
    NT/DT OLB DE

Saftey Atogwe finished with 91, six forced fumbles, three interceptions, a sack and a fumble recovery. I also think we will see Alston in run support in the box playing safety at times.

Charles Grant. Position: DE Height: 6-3 Weight: 290,
    Last year it did not take long for former players of Haslett to sign with the Rams he wil be another.

Kris Jenkins. Position: DT Height: 6-4 Weight: 335
    Carolina Panthers, I can see it now, Spoon coming down to Rams Park to help Jenkins sign. "Hey we just signed Charles Grant, we are going to be good"! Much like the Cards did with Warner and the guys came in to help with the signing of the Edge.

Lance Briggs. Position: OLB Height: 6-1 Weight: 240 or draft in the second round or third round OLB, unless the best player on the board is a LB could be.

This is how I would go. Three players, we brought in more last year on D.

This I agree with, 1OO%.

Let assume they both are gone, the Rams from what I have read have no interest in McD. And Curtis will be a bit pricey, money better spent on the D. As you pointed out.

I though you might, although I donít think we have a first round pick in mind for a safety. MLB seems to be set with spoon, some including myself felt he needed to be moved outside, but seems like the DC likes him in the middle and feels he will get better; there was a learning cure. Once we get rid of Glover too small too old and get a big body in there he will be more effective.

I believe that it was a learning cure throughout the defense last year. New coach new players, new scheme takes awhile, Iím not saying that the answer, we need to get better.

Needs
    NT/DT OLB DE

Saftey Atogwe finished with 91, six forced fumbles, three interceptions, a sack and a fumble recovery. I also think we will see Alston in run support in the box playing safety at times.

Charles Grant. Position: DE Height: 6-3 Weight: 290,
    Last year it did not take long for former players of Haslett to sign with the Rams he wil be another.

Kris Jenkins. Position: DT Height: 6-4 Weight: 335
    Carolina Panthers, I can see it now, Spoon coming down to Rams Park to help Jenkins sign. "Hey we just signed Charles Grant, we are going to be good"! Much like the Cards did with Warner and the guys came in to help with the signing of the Edge.

Lance Briggs. Position: OLB Height: 6-1 Weight: 240 or draft in the second round or third round OLB, unless the best player on the board is a LB could be.

This is how I would go. Three players, we brought in more last year on D.
    Hell, if we could pay for it, and if Jenkins is back to 100% from that injury, that would be awesome to see.

We have the CAP room. I think we have the room, we will know as me make some cuts Glover. Marshall getting paid to host a TV show by the Rams.

We have the CAP room. I think we have the room, we will know as me make some cuts Glover. Marshall getting paid to host a TV show by the Rams.
    We shall see man, I hope it works out, it seems like a great idea. But you know me and my pessimism

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Do you guess remember the Championship game by any chance???He got injured does any1 know the extent if its even serious.If it is serious he will drop in the draft for sure because no1 wants to draft some1 who was good in college but was injured for his rookie season if its only the preseason.I would love to draft him but i think we need to use that 13th pick on a def off can take a back seat for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast