Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    chipperjones is offline Registered User

Ted Ginn to visit Rams

Ginn Jr. will visit with Rams
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    04/19/2007

Despite an ankle sprain in the BCS Championship game last season, Ohio State's Ted Ginn Jr. (left), is still generating plenty of interest around the NFL, the Rams included.
    (Jay LaPrete/AP)

If the Rams' infatuation with Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. is a smokescreen, it's an elaborate one. Rams coach Scott Linehan announced Thursday, at the end of his pre-draft media briefing, that Ginn would be arriving in town late Thursday night and would meet with Rams doctors and coaches on Friday.

The Rams want to take a look a Ginn's sprained left foot, which except for a workout last week in Columbus, has sidelined Ginn since the BCS championship game against Florida. The Rams chartered a small jet, sending at least five team officials to watch Ginn work out on April 11 at Ohio State.

When asked about the possibility of drafting Ginn, Linehan said, "I can tell you this, he's a high consideration for us."

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Ted Ginn to visit Rams

"I can tell you this, It's a massive Smokescreen"

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jeez, last year all they had to do was talk about Cutler and bring him in with the other rookies for a visit. This year apparently they need to go the extra mile to convince people this isn't a smokescreen. Makes me wonder what they'll come up with next year.

:l

-jake-

max
    max is offline Registered User

This is not all smoke. They don't need to spend all this time and effort on Ginn just to blow smoke. I ain't buying it. There is real interest in this guy. He may not be the pick, but I wouldn't be large amounts of money that he won't be.

Am I the only guy here who won't be shocked if the Rams pick Ginn?

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

HE'S SMOKED MARIJUANA!
    WE CAN'T DRAFT HIM!

Seriously, I'd only pick him up..if all other major defensive options are gone.

Rambos is offline Registered User

m I the only guy here who won't be shocked if the Rams pick Ginn?
    I would be very shocked. We will go D IMO

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

I'll be shocked and in fumes if the Rams draft Ginn. Defense is the name of the game..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    I won't be shocked, but I would be disappointed.

That being said, any coach who comes out and says up front that so-and-so is a high consideration should be looked at with some skepticism.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This is not all smoke. They don't need to spend all this time and effort on Ginn just to blow smoke.
    They seemed to with Cutler last year. Look at what's happened. Linny opens his mouth and the media spreads the word. No coach is dumb enough to reveal who he actually wants to draft before draft day. Why do you think we don't know who the Raiders want at 1 overall?

We can narrow it down to a top 2 to 4, but there is no certainty.

max

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    They seemed to with Cutler last year. Look at what's happened. Linny opens his mouth and the media spreads the word. No coach is dumb enough to reveal who he actually wants to draft before draft day. Why do you think we don't know who the Raiders want at 1 overall?
    There is a difference between Ginn this year and the Cutler situation last year.

I believe Linny really liked Cutler. And he was right on. The kid looks like a keeper. But we had Bulger who was under 30 years old and had looked very good when healthy and Shaw really liked Bulger. Picking Cutler would have pushed Bulger out the door within a year. You can't play 2 QB's at the same time. <duh>

Ginn steps on nobody's toes. He immediately impacts as a returner, and he works into the rotation as a #4 WR with some special plays to capitalize on his speed.

max

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

That being said, any coach who comes out and says up front that so-and-so is a high consideration should be looked at with some skepticism.
    All very understandable.

I'm skeptical also. But Linny could be blowing double smoke. Do you think other teams are actually sure that Linny is telling the truth? They are probably thinking the same thing a lot of us are - "that Linehan is blowing smoke, he ain't picking Ginn, he wants us to".

Other than that, the only thing we disagree on is that I like Ginn. And he looks like a Ram to me. But so does Anderson. Don't ask me why, just a 40 year gut feel.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This is not all smoke. They don't need to spend all this time and effort on Ginn just to blow smoke. I ain't buying it. There is real interest in this guy. He may not be the pick, but I wouldn't be large amounts of money that he won't be.

Call me a tweener and here's why.

A few weeks ago Gil Brandt (Sirius Satellite Radio NFL) came out with Linehans very strong interest in Carriker. Now we're hearing/reading the word is that Linehan is high on Ginn.

Smoke screen to take the attention off of the public knowledge of Linehans intentions? Wanting Carriker, ......possibly.

Here's the tweener part. I wouldn't be shocked if Linehan did pick Ginn. For all the reasons we have heard and read. Bruce is aging and our special teams return units are weak at best. Also the defensive player or players Linehan is leaning towards may be gone when he picks #13.

So I'm a tweener, Linehan got me and is hoping all the other franchises in the NFL are tweeners also.

So to sum it up, I don't know what Linehan is up to.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I've been saying all along that Linehan will blow our minds with this pick. I still think it'll happen. I hope we don't go D with our first pick, unless its Landry or Willis. THe DL's really don't do it for me. I would prefer to pick up Jenkins. Ginn is a solid option too. As you all might have noticed last year, the return game can lieterally win a game fo you itself... ie Hester. If Ginn can get us a few scores up on the board and help us get down field then do it. People are always saying its good to tire a D. out... well our Rams next year will tire the O. out. Cause our O. won't ever take long to make a score!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I agree, its not that I don't like Ted Ginn, its that we don't NEED a Receiver in the First Round.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of talk about us taking Jay Cutler last year, and we ended up trading down for Tye Hill.

I guess I can see Linehan using this strategy to find a trade down partner with the Rams believing that if Okoye or Branch isn't there there isn't much value at #13 for a need of the team.
    RamsFan16

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If we get Jenkins, then i dont mind drafting Ginn. Its if we dont get Jenkins but still draft Ginn that would worry me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast